water

• I have heard that you are supposed to drink lots of water for weight loss, but how much? There are many different things that I have found online, but I was wondering what has worked for you.
  • Hey gator girl, here's a calculator that I got from someone on here a few months ago. I hope this helps. I stop counting after 3 liters, I probably drink 4 liters a day, but I didn't start out there. I think I started out drinking 64 oz b/c that's what I always heard but once I started exercising I drank a lot more.

http://www.hydroxycut.com/calculators/water.shtml
  • Thanks!
  • Does tea count towards water consumption?
  • whoa! that calculator is wild! here we go again, do you try to abide by its recommendation daily? it told me i should have 19 8oz glasses of water today! im a biiiig water drinker, so i feel very affirmed haha... but i have never seen so much suggested.

gatorgirl, i think many people count tea in their water consumption. ive heard before that tea, coffee, chrystal light etc DO count as water, but you should try to get only half of your daily water from those sources and the rest the natural stuff. i dont think thats a hard rule by any means from - its prob just to encourage us to chug that agua when we can.
  • same here! There is just no way i am going to drink more than 4 litres a day
  • I've always heard that the rule of thumb for water consumption is: Divide your body weight (in lbs) in half, and drink that many ounces per day.

It is possible, though unlikely, to drink too much water, so hopefully no one checks out that calculator and quickly downs a gallon to catch up.
  • I'm trying to make sure I get in at least 64oz in through out the day.
    I do find it easier to drink the water in the warmer weather. I'm having to really remind myself to keep at it with the weather turning colder here now.
    I don't think you should count tea. Unless it's entirely herbal (made out of something OTHER than tea, like pure mint leaves or pure chamomile) due to the fact that it contains caffeine and it is a diuretic.
  • "It is a common myth that tea acts as a diuretic because of its caffeine content, which some consumers believe compromises hydration. Normal strength tea does not have a diuretic effect, unless the amount of tea consumed at one sitting contains more than 250-300mg caffeine, equivalent to drinking between 5 to 6 cups of tea (5). "

I found that on the Lipton website, which is the brand of black and white teas I drink. They are stocked full of antioxidants. I think they are pretty good for you.
  • Ok, that calculator is wild... I drink 64 oz daily plus some tea and diet coke, but 133 oz... it´s more than double, I couldn´t so that!