Thanksgiving Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 20
Go to
  • I hate having to come and post that I lost nothing this week. My kitty cat that I have had for over 12 years went missing and I have been doing emotional eating. He's an indoor cat and although it's a possibility he's outside somewhere, he's old and cautious so I can't see him going far. We have blankets by all the doors outside and food out too in case he is out there. My kids are devastated. He's been losing a lot of weight lately and part of me wonders if he just went and hid somewhere in the house to pass away. Enough about that.

Congrats to those who lost this week! Watch out because next week I'll be down 2 pounds. Mark my words, you won't even recognize me.

I have to say that you ladies are just wonderful and very encouraging. This is a small group but your posts are so positive and thought provoking. Great job and good luck everyone!
  • Hi everyone, happy Sunday : )

urockmom, wtg on that workout hope you had a lovely time at dinner the other night .

Hi Christian, hope you had a nice time with DH on that sabatical . That is awesome that you got your workout room all straightened out, sounds like your ready to roll! Right on! That was my plan for this weekend too! To clean out the room and dust off that weight bench and get it in there. The treadmill is already in there. Dh is so busy though and we need to move the bed to the top floor, hopefully we get to it soon. Thank lord for treadmills ha? It's already getting quite nippy here and with the big snowstorms we get here sometimes in winter, I wouldn't be able to walk without it. Sounds like you have a nice day planned, enjoy it : ).

Lekhika, how are you doing girl? Do you still spend the weekends at your parents sometimes? Hope your having a nice weekend : ).

Barbara jean, sorry to hear you had that migraine yesterday, I hope that you are feeling better. I need to work on that too, I keep thinking to freeze a meal or two for those times where I feel sick and can't cook, I have yet to do it. Thanks for the reminder!

Lene, how long has your kitty been missing? Did you find him yet? You mentioned he was losing a lot of weight, was he extra thirsty too? It could be kidney disease if that is the case, unfortunately it's common in older cats. One of my kitties is not doing well either! : ( but we are woking on getting him better. We started dribbling some fish oil over his meals, his doc said it would be real good for him and his cat did a total turnaround when he started giving him fish oil. Keep us posted okay?
    Lene, that is my goal for this week too!!!!!! To lose 2 lbs. I hope so! I just started ph. 1.5 the other day and already went over the 1 serving last night! I need to buckle down the rest of the week and you have inspired me to strengthen that goal so ty to you too!

I have to run, but want to wish you all a super day!
  • lene- I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I hope he comes home soon.

fullsteamahead- I think that's what I'm going to do. It will be a lot easier to stay on track when I'm sick.

I hope everyone is having a good night.
  • I just needed to update, as I'm quite excited- I'm out of the 200's! I'm at 199.2. I'm so excited Well, off to work just thought I'd let you guys know. Have a great day.
  • Good morning How is everyone this morning?

Weigh-in day was yesterday and it showed a .2 pound loss. Of course it's also TOM so I'm sure in the next couple days the water retention will subside and I'll lose another .1 or so.

Not much on the agenda today, just hanging out mostly. It's hubby's half-day off so he's logging in to Yahoo after he finishes what has to be done so we can chat for awhile. As soon as the toddler wakes up I'm going to put a Firm DVD in and do at least 20 minutes on that, but other than that and trying to eat at least 2 meals today nothing going on here.
  • Hey everybody! It is a beautiful morning here and I am wishing you all a happy and OP day!

I had a good time at my dinner over the weekend and the best part was that when I put on my dress it was a little bit loose!!! So, even if the scale has been stuck at least all those miles are paying off. My DD looked at me and said, "Mom, you look hot!!!" At the end of dinner they served this really serious chocolate dessert -which I did not touch!! The woman next to me said, "Are you really not going to eat that?" it was so yummy looking but NO, I said NO!

I, too, have a 2 lb goal for this week. Have to get back on track and cut out those "little" slip-ups, 1/2 cup here, 6 oz. there, etc. I was working out this morning and just chanting to myself, "Fit & Fabulous!" over and over and over again!

lene-any word on the cat?
    jen 1019- on oneder-land!!!!
    Christian-I am truly, deeply jealous over your workout room. I have my stuff set up in my very dark, very creepy basement and it is awful. Most of the time I just put on my tunes and close my eyes so I don't have to look around.

I'm off to the store to procure all the wonderful healthy things I need to really kick butt this week! to all of you!
  • Hi everyone

Lene1974: I am so worried about your cat. I really hope he is okay!

Jen1019: Congrats!! Someday....I hope to be there! But I am sooo happy for you! Way to go!!

mkat321: Congrats on your loss!!!

urockmom: Great going on the passing of the chocolate dessert! When we are able to pass something up like that it makes you feel like you lost 10lbs. doesn't it?

I have no loss to report this week. But that is okay. I am eating OP and exercising my butt off! I know it will come off. I say that ...but somewhere I am still disappointed. I just wish I could stay off the scale. I am weighing in with clothes on, with clothes off, at night and morning. I guess I am watching for the numbers to change. I just got through posting to urockmom the other day to not play the numbers game. It is sooooo hard not to. My pants are getting looser and my stomach shape is changing so I know I am progressing. I just have to be patient. I have lost 25 lbs. in 2 months and I know that is good but I want more. I was thinking of not posting but then I thought that was a little selfish. I need to support and encourage everyone else here or I will get into a pity party.
    I am so thankful for everyone here because I know you all really understand!
    Thanks!
  • Egads!!!! Up 2 pounds? UP 2 pounds! UP 2 POUNDS!!!!

Arghhhh! Unspeakable frustration!!!!

What the h*** is going on???? Arghhh! (Stomping feet! Gnashing teeth!)
  • urockmom- Hang in there sis ...I too am up 2 pounds, but I am sure it will be gone in no time, we will make it

jen- You go girl!!! Onderland is amazing isnt it

mkat- I am sure after TOM has alot to do with your not having a bigger loss, I know that once it is over the # will change for you

Hattie- 25 pounds!!! In 2 months!! You rock girl, and your body is just adjusting to that much so quickly, you will see the scale move again really soon, just keep up the great and hard work

Well ladies, I am off to get this house cleaned up , I tell you my hubbys vacations wreek havoc on our home and my ability to clean it Have a great day everyone!
  • Oh ladies- I did change my goal for the challenge to 154 this morning, I feel like I may not hit the whole other 9 pounds I wanted by then, but I think the 11 pounds will be enough, and then on to a Christmas Challenge
  • Good morning ladies, nice to hear from everyone...missed you all already.

A quick fly by for me right now as I am running late and have to make a few calls, but I'll be back later on.

Don't let those numbers discourage you to the point of throwing you off course, fight that beast! (the scale). The scale sure can be a son of a gun sometimes. Let's all focus on today and keep on going , keep up the great work ladies....

I hope you all have a super day, more on me later. I must run.
  • Nothing exciting going on here. Did some exercise this morning. I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

urockmom- Like people have been saying..try not let the numbers discourage you. I know how hard it is to see the numbers go up when you are working so hard.

Jen- Congrats on onerland!

hattie-I'm one who can't stay off the scale. I don't know how many times a day I go on. I try not to, but I just can't. I see changes elsewhere but want to see it in the numbers. I hate the scale. Congrats on your 25 pound loss!
  • Hi Everyone!
    I just want to thank all of you for your support regarding my cat. I truly thought he was dead. He's older and very thin and it has been low 30's here at night. We filed a report at the Humane Society last week and they called me this AM. A women had called in saying she found a cat that matched the description of mine. She said she could tell he came from loving home but that he was extremely thin. Long story short... I went to her home and picked him up. This amazing women brought him into her home. Bought him food and litter supplies and even made a vet appointment. I'm so grateful for the good people in the world. When I got home I called our vet and got him in immediately. He's 5lbs and has a limp but his bloodwork for his kidneys, livers ect came out close to normal. We are waiting for tests on his thyroid (not related to his being missing, but his age). He's been eating like crazy. Thanks again for all of your thoughts.

Back to the Challenge*****
    I need to drink more water. I'm the worst especially when it's cold out.

urock~ sorry for the gain, I was so happy in getting into the 140's and then I slipped back into the 150's last week. very disappointing, but it will come back off

Hattie~ truly don't go by the numbers. When I was training for my 5K @ Aug/Sept I weighed 3lbs more than I do now but everything fit much looser. I haven't been doing as many runs and I weigh less but my clothes feel more snug now. Just ignore that evil scale.

Jen~ congrats on the loss

Fullsteam~thank you for your post about my cat. I haven't been online much this week. The vet said his kidney is fine but is concerned about hyperthyroidism. I'm glad the fish oil is helping your cat. I really hope we both see 2lb losses this week. Take care.

Christian~ What was your original goal? I'll be going with you to the Christmas challenge and I need to clean my house now too.

Barbara~ great job getting your exercise in!
    Bye for now.
  • Oh lene - That's such good news!! I am so happy for you!

Our pets are truly members of our family and it is so upsetting when something happens. That woman was such a blessing!
  • lene- I'm so glad you got your cat back. My family are all cat people and get attached to our cats. I hope the bloodwork comes out alright.