Thanksgiving Challenge

You're on Page 11 of 20
Go to
  • Lene-That is awesome!!! What a great feeling to know that even though the scale is stuck you are clearly doing something right for your bod!

I am sorry that I was so quiet over the weekend gals. Friday night I got hit by the cold bus and I have been hacking, sneezing, and sniffling since then. My eating has been really wacky because I am not at all hungry then I start to eat and can't stop. I did also have 2 PB cups yesterday. So sick that the normal willpower just wasn't there. I am just going to lay low today, take lots of zinc, and hope that things start feeling better.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Good morning girls, missed you all.

Leneeee, that is super! Congrats on those size 8 jeans and ty for that ispiration! It's good to remember that when that scale does not move sometimes, we still may be losing inches and making progress. Those size 8's and your progress is great news indeed!

urockmom, aw you. I am sorry to hear that you caught a cold. I felt like that too, not at all hungry much of the time and other times wanting something, etc. etc. (maybe trying to comfort myself) My palate changed and everything. Those stupid candies urockmom, I did the same thing last night! TOday I woke up pissed off and with a newfound determination!
    Try not to be too hard on yourself, it's so hard when your not feeling well. The main thing right now is to just get better. Take care of yourself and rest and stay warm. Maybe someone can make you or pick you up some nice soups, they can be comforting. Some nice hot tea would be good too and don't forget the hot bubble baths! Know that we are here for you when you are up to writing but in the meantime you just rest and get better

Christian , I'm with you! After yesterdays shanninagans (prob my worst day thus far) I gave myself a good and woke up with a newfound determination! I have got to be at the tail end of this bronchitis thing, I think my feeling sick to tummy and all again last night had to do with the antibiotics still in my system (sat. was last day). With that being said, as long as I feel ok enough, I plan on coming in and posting to report how my day is going (or went) to help keep myself accountable. I agree, it really really does help. Thankgoodness for the support we all have here.

My weekend was pretty good, I got to get out a couple of hours each day and for me that was progress! lol. We did go for an early dinner Sat. night to a nice nearby seafood rest. and I chose wisely and ordered the baked haddock. Sat was a good op day and I was proud of myself doing well at dinner. Sunday we went out for a big brunch and I admit, I enjoyed that like the dickens!!!!! I told myself ok, I will have a light dinner. It didnt work out that way and then I dipped into the darn candies which brings me to here and now (as getalt would say) and I am happy it's a new day! : ). I hope you all have a good day and urockmom, you just hang in there and get better. to all.
  • urockmom- Feel better girl...I take vitamin C too when those old nasty symptoms hit me

Fullsteam- I almost have to come here every day to keep on track, if I am missing you can almost be sure that I am not doing well, and really even though I may be ashamed, I should be here for sure then. I am almost back to my lowest weight on this challenge and to be honest, I would have already been at goal had I just been good more than I have, I am ready now though and told my hubby that I am NOT cheating until Thanksgiving and he is going to keep me to that

How are the rest of you ladies????
  • 3 weeks, 3 days till Thanksgiving. That's right around the corner. I woke feeling determined today too.
    I hit my 2 lb loss, it was a little over a week but I had TOM and didn't weigh till it was over.

Here's my 23 day plan:
    post once a day here (holds me accountable)
    journal my food
    drink my water
    3+ runs/week
    no more than 1 sweet treat a day (less than 100 calories) if I need one

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!!!

Christie~ good luck with your no cheats, you can do it! I find I don't want to come on here on days I'm not eating well, but that's the wrong answer. I also find if I post here first then I make better choices later.

Fullsteam~Way to get determined! Today's a new day and we need to get it done, right? I LOL when you said you woke up this morning pissed off. Your post are always sunshiny and sweet and uber positive and then you said that and I about fell off my chair. Go on with your bad self!

urock~ I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Please take care of yourself.

I have to go bake something for a bake sale and make bookfair posters. I'll post later chicks.
  • lene- 23 days???? Oh we can do this!! I know it!! I will be sure to post first thing in the mornings too, that way I have to be more accountable and that will make me want to post before bed too WOOO HOOO On the 2 pounds gone!!!
  • Hi everyone

Lene: SIZE 8??? OMG... I dream of that someday!!! Way to go!!! 2 lbs. to boot!!

urock: Feel better...and I agree with Fullsteam...rest and don't worry. We will be here.

Christian: You can do it! If we don't see you on here, should we question where the h--- you are? Would that help?

Here is a mini-challenge-Let's all eat clean until Thanksgiving (feast day)! We can do it! What do you say? After all it is only 23 days!!!

I am eating OP and exercising but the scale doesn't want to move much. I did lose 1 lb. I just want it to be more. I move the scale around the floor thinking that maybe it will say something different...it doesn't. Why do I do these things? LOL I am very proud of one thing...this was the first Halloween probably since I was a baby that I didn't have one piece of candy.
    That is kind of sad that it takes me 40something years to do that. At least I finally did it. I think I thought that it was some kind of law..Halloween = candy. It is a good reminder for the upcoming holidays. I don't have to pig out on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day..etc... I will iss the candies in the Christmas stockings though. You guys will have to help me through that when it comes time. I will count on your support.

I agree with everyone else...posting here is a tremendous help. Here's to eating clean!
  • 23 days!!! We can all do it girls! Lets show our bodys who is boss
  • I just did 14 miles on the exercise bike and 150 crunches. I'm hoping to get a nice run in tomorrow. Have a goodnight ladies!

Go Steelers!!!
  • What a workout lene!!
  • Good morning!!

I am here for my morning update and keep the accountablity going, I am ready to see this through and feel pumped in just writing that down
    I was down another 1/2 pound this morning and my jeans are not as tight, so I can see that results are coming and I think that makes me even more determined ...how are you ladies today???
  • Good morning girlssssssss,

Sounds like a plan! Sounds super! Happy new day, let's kick some major hiney!

Christian, I hear you...me too! I need to come in and post as well, it makes a big difference. on showing our bodies who is boss! : ).

Leneeeee, I am going on with my bad self Congratulations on the 2 lb. loss anddd on that super exercise wtg! I like your plan. I have been keeping a journal too but slacked off recently in writing it so I am going to do that too! It really helps! I like to look back and see a good week and what I ate and also a not so good week. It helps me to analyze things and it's another form of holding oneself accountable. Congrats once again : ).

Hattieeeeee, what's wrong with you girl? moving the scale around like that! hahaha I can relate! I used to do the same exact thing! Congratulations on the 1 lb. and eating OP and exercising . As far as not eating any candy, I think that is a great accomplishment too! good for you! : ) .

urockmom, miss ya sweet lady. I hope that your feeling okay. I had some soup yesterday. Last week when I went to the store that day I picked up a couple cans of cambells soup (hadn't eaten that in ages) to have some backup while sick. Well I finally tried some yesterday and it was good! The hot soup soothed my throat too. Well anyways, I guess it's new. It is called harvest select light, savory chicken with vegetables. There are 2 serv. in a can and only 80 cals a serv, low in fat (10), 3grams sugar and no msg or artificial coloring in it. I put a little fresh sqeezed lemon and pepper in it. Ladies, it's good back up! I need to get some more. urock mom, feel better

As for me, yesterday went very well. Friday is weigh day and as long as I don't feel bloated I will go on the scale (due for TOM this weekend). I will see how it goes but it is especially important for me to have plenty of water this week. For dinner, I am planning either cheese omelette with veggies or roast chicken with salad. I really need to go to market real soon, I should feel well enough to do that tomorrow.
    Have a super and successful day keep up the great work everyone.
  • Christiannnnnnnnn, wtg!!!!! keep up the great work
  • Hi ladies!

Christian WOOHOO on the loss!!!

Lene: What a workout, thats amazin. I think I can do maybe 15 crunches, lol, thats sad.

Hattie: I hope I dont sound dumb, can you explain to me a little about clean eating, what to eat... what not to eat. Thanks
    Good for yoy not getting into the halloween candy, I had 1 peice... I feel good about it though becasue in the past years I would eat it off and on all night, lol.

I've been doing good ladies.
    Except for yesterday.... I didnt any real food. My ANNOYING fiance insisted on bring oreo cookies into the house knowing my junk food weakness and thats not all... he also made a batch of oatmeal cookies.
    Needless to say I snacked on them all day its a wonader that....
    IM DOWN ANOTHER LB TODAY!!!!
    I dont know how but hay, I'll take it.
    That means if I lose 6 more lbs I'll make my original Thanksgiving goal, you ladies think I can do it???

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Its Tuesday Biggest Loser night!
  • Yes Shy- You can do it
  • Go Shy...Go Shy!!