Hello, I'm Shannon

• I'm a 30 year old gal who is done making excuses and not loving me. I went to visit my parents last month and saw some pics of myself and couldn't believe how horrid I looked. So, I'm doing something about it! As of last Sunday, I've been eating 1200 to 1500 calories a day, drinking at least 60 oz. of water a day and working out. Since I started a little over a week ago, I've lost 4 pounds!
    Anyway, it's cool to find a place like this for support, I look forward to also trying to help out fellow "life changers!"
  • Hello Shannon! I just started last week too! This is a great site to check in with! ***why does it always take us to see pictures of ourselves to give ourselves a kick in the butt?!?!?!***

Welcome and good luck!
  • Welcome from another Shannon! Good luck!

It was a picture that pushed me over the edge towards diet and exercise, too!
  • Hey Shannon!

Check out our 30-somethings forum...also, we have a great, active Calorie Counters forum, so head on over. Basically, find a spot or many, settle in, and get to posting.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
  • Quote: Hello Shannon! I just started last week too! This is a great site to check in with! ***why does it always take us to see pictures of ourselves to give ourselves a kick in the butt?!?!?!***

Welcome and good luck!
    I guess it's giving us an honest view of ourself. I know I have a bad self-image of myself, so I do have to be careful on this once I do lose weight.