Weekly Chat COME JOIN US!! Oct 6th - 12th

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a great weekend...why do they go so fast? We went pumpkin picking yesterday, had lots of fun.

Whats everyone got planned for the week?

• Hiya Leenie... sounds like you had a fun weekend! I'm still trying to figure out where mine went! *lol

Rainy day here. Started yesterday... glad I got the front lawn raked on Saturday. Hub still isn't allowed to do any yardwork, or anything where dust, mould, etc. might be present. It was good exercise for me... but I have a few blisters on my hands and a bit of a sore back. 9 big lawn bags full of leaves... I remember when we'd get 2-3 (we've lived here just over 20 years.. the trees have kinda grown )

Have a wonderful week, everyone!
  • Hi everybody,

Today I need to clean, clean, clean... and read. DF is kinda in my hair though so we will see what transpires.

Have a great day all!
  • SAME OLD SAME OLD MONDAY MORNING..blah clean up the mess and get everyone back into the routine of the week....I have NO CLUE how I did this but I lost 4 more lbs but I ate like a pig...so honestly how did that happen. I dont know maybe the scale isnt right. ok well I gotta go...lata
  • Fly by!!!
    Hey Chickies!

DH isn't going in to work this morning because of the Drs. appts. (hopefully the results of his scans...) So I wanted to pop in and say hi...just finishing breakfast and heading out to the garage to put in my time on the elliptical.

Congrats Mom on the 4 pounds!!! You are my hero!!!

Have a good one Girlies!
  • HA RAVEN....i still have like 15 more lbs to catch up to you. But seriously I have had enough time to do regular excercise but I have been sitting around so if I could just excercise regularly it would go faster. I know now why I gained that weight after my last baby...because I went on the lexapro and all i wanted to do on it was sleep and lay around and do NOTHING!!! I remember getting up getitng the kids their breakfast then just hitting the couch and not getting up unless i had to...oh that was such and awful feeling I am glad that i was able to switch meds cause i could have been like that for a very very long time...ok well gonna try to get to bed so i can get up when i need to!!! My son cleaned most everything up for me before he went to bed. if they help without me asking they get a token for slinkys (kids play & arcade thing) But if I have to do their chore they lose a token and I get it. I have to find a way to get them in the habit of doing stuff with out me telling them and not nagging. So it seems to be working so far. well catch you all lata
  • momof4, love the new avatar! =) did the lexapro make you really tired all the time, or just not feel like doing anything? I'm on it now and seriously I could stay in bed all day... I don't remember if I was like this before the lexapro or not but just wondering about your experience. what are you taking now?
  • Hello
    Hello All.

Well So far I have been doing better on eating anyways. I had a chicken sub from subway for my "dinner" lastnight. I got hungry and starting munching on chips, that I have been nursing for 2 weeks. (its one of those small bags you get out the vending machine).

For some reason I am so hungry...........I dunno why. So not sure what I'll be doing for "lunch" but ya I'm hungry. lol.

Well only one more night after tonight and I'm off!!! YAY!!!

Tonight is going extremely sllllooowww.............

Hi Iris You didn't comment on my avatar. LOL Just teasin'!!!

TTYL

• Sassy, I did last week! I think... I meant to if I didnt'. I really love cows so trust me it did not go unnoticed, I was very excited! =)
  • Quote: Sassy, I did last week! I think... I meant to if I didnt'. I really love cows so trust me it did not go unnoticed, I was very excited! =)

LOL! OH ya now I remember!! Ok so your off the hook now! HA HA! I so love my "Moo Cow" He's so adorable! I think I shall name him. Hmmmmmm whats a good name for a cow??? lol.
  • sassy does it have to be a he?? or can it be a female cow??LOL

Iris-after my 4th baby bout six weeks out i just cried constantly so the dr put me on celexa well i tended to get mean so I asked him to switch me and he put me on lexapro. It worked great for moods I was managable and could atleast smile and not feel so grumpy and aggitated all the time. Well I was on that from like nov. 07-march 08. I never knew i was feeling so lousy from the meds until i came here. I both tired and lacking in motivation. I did what I absolutely had to do and the rest of the time I laid on the couch. I have never been a lazy person. I have always been hyper and "busy" I never thought that the meds would suck all my energy outta me. It got to the point of a safety issue cause i didn't even want to take care of my kids. Yes my moods were great and i wasnt per say depressed. But I still didnt want to get out of bed or do anything. Also I gained almost 30 lbs AFTER the baby. I have had 4 children and have NEVER gained weight after them. All the weight I have now is weight I didnt work off after each kid. So I knew something was wrong. I now know that I gained the weight because I didnt hardly move off the couch and ate stupid stuff I shouldn't have. Now I am on wellbutrin and it works great. I don't feel like a zombie. It takes away any night cravings for food. It stops my compulsive shopping. It gives me energy. Now as to moods I still get a little snappy but I dont cry all the time. It does mess with my sleep a little. I am usually a night person but there are times that I am tired and cant go to sleep....hmm NOW it is almost 3am and I am not really tired (because I took my med before i was ready for bed and it kicked in). So if it is making you want to do nothing then get off of it and on something else because once you get off of it you then realize how awful it was and like its a completely different person.
    Before I hated myself for not wanting to get up, for not wanting to take care of my kids, for not wanting to go outside and play with them, for not taking care of my house and here allll along it was the medicine. So really really think about it.

Well as to me WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??? I dont know how I am going to function tomorrow cause I am going to be wiped out!!! BUT TOMORROW IS MALL DAY!!! YAYA....thats sad I look forward to taking the kids to the mall to play in the play area....oh well...so it should be a non stressful day!!! I need to find a new purse/tote too cause mine has strings hanging from it and is startin to look ratty I noticed tonight so i wanted a new one but felt bad cause didnt feel i needed one but I guess i do...so now I can buy one and not feel bad...
    I feel like SASSY!!! blah blah blah....good night...sorry for the rambling...
  • ps thanks iris for the comment...i thought i would put something on here to spice it up and give everyone a laugh!!!
  • Quote:
    sassy does it have to be a he?? or can it be a female cow??LOL
    Nah it can be a girl cow, I suppose, maybe do a neutral name like Bobbi? I know most men Bobby's do not spell theirs with an i at the end but I like it!! lol.
    Quote:
    I feel like SASSY!!! blah blah blah....good night...sorry for the rambling..........
    HA HA HA, so whatcha sayin I talk too much? Don't know why you'd ever say that! lol!!!

Have fun at the mall! I hate going to the mall. I used to actually WANT to go and hang out at the malls when I was younger, now its more like, "Man do I HAVE to go there?" lol.

• Hi all.. tried to read all your posts to do personals but my heads scattered this morning and I just confused myself. So I'm hoping you're all doing well - you all seem to be in good spirits anyhow!

I'm doing okay just, doing my own thing
  • no sassy you dont talk much at all....BAHHAHAHAHAHA Bobby...what kinda cow name is that? but then again i dont have a better one. I was thinking good old betsy....
    Since all the kids were up late and the sun doesnt come up as early we didnt get up till like 10...so that is good for me!!! Got a bath with the baby and feel pretty good (ok maybe not that great but close...lol)ready to head to the mall!!!

And just for sassy

ps Sas you may be the winner for the most talkative but I come in a close second....LOL