Binge-free challenge ~ Oct. 6 - Oct. 12

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • New week, New day, New thread. For those of you who binged last week don't worry today is a new day, for those of you who just want accountability or support here is the place to post. Have a good week everybody, and remember whatever happen it isn't the end of the world. We're all here to learn and to form NEW habits
  • Hi! I am back from my little vacation and ready to get back to normal. Day 1 for me.
  • Binge free since 1st Oct for me - good luck to all fellow chicks for this week
  • Wtg Audrey you're doing great.

Ward did you enjoy your vacation?

I'm doing great, I haven't been perfectly on plan but no mega binges either
  • Ok I totally and completely failed this weekend. I hung out with my ex-husband who is a horrible eater and on sat ate out at restaurants twice!! I haven't done that in weeks. Then yesterday I ate probably 3/4ths of a giant bag of m&m's and two meals. And I felt just sick to my stomach. I have got to find a way to handle these weekends. I know it all starts with my Friday night drinking. It is my only night of "freedom" (my son stays with my ex) but I think it sets the tone for the rest of the weekend. Anyway back to the start again.

Day 1.
  • Audrey, you were asking about what triggers binges in the other thread ...

For me binging happens...

1) when I have denied myself something I enjoy eating for long periods of time
    2) when I think I'm already "being bad" and say "oh what the heck, might as well enjoy it"
    3) because I am following Intuitive Eating, learning to shift from "diet" thinking to "freedom" thinking, it's just a natural by-product of quitting diets that I hope to gain control over as time goes by

I find binging totally a mental thing, like having a glitch in a computer, an error in the programming.
  • Asparagus I can't help but noticed you've used the term 'failed' a few times now and I think the negativity there really won't help with you're bingeing. It's really important to try & maintain an optimistic attitude even when things seem gritty. I think this link here might help (10 Principles)- http://www.intuitiveeating.com/
    Just remember you most certainly have not failed!
  • Lauren - Thanks. You are right. I need to look at it more positively. I appreciate the reality check.
  • Just from experience I know how bad it can get when you feel guilty... it sucks big time.

I totally just ate half an apple pie and 4 muffins and a bowl of muesli. Hmmm.
  • hi everyone....today is my first day binge free because i binged badly yesterday! good luck everyone!
  • day one tomorrow... gahh!!!

no more ice cream in my house... even if it is fat free. I am totally incapable of having anywhere near a reasonable serving!
  • Hello Haley!

Many thanks for your post on your "triggers" Blue. I like the idea of intuitive eating so we get in tune with what we really need, rather than eating our emotions, stress, or over - filling an empty deprived stomach.

Asparagus - so sorry you had a bads day - it there a way of meeting up with your ex which does not involve food, or can you pick a venue which does a better selection of food.

I broke a 6 day binge free run with two huge bowls of muesli last night after eating my regular planned foods. I wasa hungry, I needed the food , but not as much of it as I ate :-(.

I feel OK about it now- the food was in the house and not bought specially for a binge, nor comsumed in secret, so just taking this one day at a time again.

best wishes to all.
  • I'm trying out intuitive eating in coordinance of my calorie counting - I'm going to try and limit my food to 1400 still, but not be so freak crazy on numbers. I always find it easier when I concentrate on my stomach and how it feels rather than how many more calories I can stuff in before I hit my 'limit'. So my morning is going alot better, usually I find it difficult to stay away from the kitchen but I'm doing okay.

How is everybody else doing today? Iris, I know how you feel about that ice-cream..
  • Yesterday the cookies won. Today is another day ...
  • Starting over today. I stayed home yesterday - been feeling super sick with allergies. Ended up having McDonald's although only a happy meal but also two chocolate chip cookies. Then later I made some apple crisp. Anyway, I am at work and back on track today.

I think for me I am trying desperately to find a happy medium. I want to adopt a new lifestyle that I feel I can live with forever. Last time I lost weight I was utterly obsessed (although interestingly not as hard on myself as I am now). This time I want to make it a lifestyle where I eat good for the most part and exercise regularly but not "throw myself down the stairs" everytime I hit a bad patch. I have actually been doing quite good with that. While I say I binged it is nothing compared with what I have done in the past. And I have been able to pick myself up and keep on going. But I need to stop feeling so bad about it and I also need to find a way to not eat bad everytime I have an excuse or a change from my routine. If it is about a lifestyle then weekend vs. weekday should not matter. OK sorry for the book - just trying to figure this all out.