Whose starting weight is around 187 lbs??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'll be starting at 189. I'm looking into getting a gym membership now that the winter is coming. No special diet, just portion control and better food choices. I'd love some support too!
  • Dazzling, what sort of weight training are you doing? My cardio routine works for me, but I'm still figuring out exactly what I want to do with the weights. Because I walk/bike everywhere and do the elliptical I have really toned legs- so I'm focusing on upper body strength for now. Are you doing free weights or using machines?
  • greycella: I walk 1 hour everyday in the morning, then in the afternoon I do 30min of Tae Bo and 30min of weight lifting (I just follow movements I read in a book) and that's about it. But I m doing the weight lifting thing only 4 times a week cause I read that's it's not good for the muscle to do it every day.
    I feel lighter this week as I just started last week but don't know how much weight I've lost yet, I should WI Friday.
  • Nice, sounds like you are doing something that's sort of similar to me- except I haven't upped my strength training to that many days per week yet. In the warmer months I can ride my bike back and forth to work, which takes me about twenty minutes each way....but VERY soon I will be back to walking each way...which takes me about 40 minutes. So and hour and twenty minutes total of walking. Then I do 45 minutes on the elliptical, plus the lifting. It's amazing how much it takes to lose- I think! What are you doing for dieting?
  • Today was my first WI, and I was shocked by the numbers I saw !!! It's was 176 lb ! How can this be ?? I've started out with 187 and now 176 in 1 week ! There is no way I could lose 9 lbs in 1 week ! I thought about it for a second ... I weighed myself with a new scale that I just bought yesterday and it says 176. I went and got the old scale and it says 187 ! I then asked my mom to weigh herself on the old scale and sure enought it says 187, my dad as well 187 ! So the old scale wasn't working! I've been dieting and exercing for a week now, and I m sure I've lost some weight at least 1 pound !
    But I happy I m now 176 lb I still have to lose 33 lbs to reach my goal of 143 !

Does this ever happen to you ? to weigh yourself in a broken scale without knowing it !
  • The scale in the women's room at my gym is ten to fifteen pounds light....and the first time I got on it was really excited! One of the staff members remarked that it's good to get on when it's a bad day! They have an old school scale ( like the ones at doctor's offices) in the main area of the gym and that's what I go by....maybe getting a scale at my house would be a good idea but I don't want to deal with one that's inaccurate. What brand did you get?
  • i lost 1.4#'s this week... and that was with eating all of my weekly bonus points and going over for the week by like 2 points... i can only imagine what this week will be like since i'm planning on only using 1/2 of the weekly points.
  • DAZZLING I lost 10 lbs quick after reading 'Skinny B****' I actually would not read the book because of the things I heard about it, but so glad I did. I really changed me for the better!!! Plus, reading never hurt anyone