Walk Away the Pounds - October Daily Check In

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Hey ladies,

It's been a good walking weekend -- 4 mile Super Challenge done today and yesterday!!

This is just a quick post because I have an early class in the AM.

Hope everyone had a great day!!

Cassie
  • I've been absent for a bit but this week I'll be doing the dvds again. I've been at the GYM! I got a 7 day pass from my chiropractor. I went on Fri, Sat, and Sun but I think that will have to be it because I don't think my husband will watch the 2 kids during the week if I want to go. I've been doing the walking dvds for about a 1.5 months or so and I feel like I have gotten so much better at walking! Isn't that a weird thing to say? Like 1 mile is just a warm-up, and I can walk with good posture and keep my core stabilized.
  • hey gang - i didn't get up in time to walk this morning so i walked outside at the park after work today. i walked for 30 minutes as fast as i could go so i'll call it 2 miles. the track is not marked. it's a beautiful cool, crisp & breezy day here in Louisiana so we are lovin' that!!!!! it was just too nice to walk inside today ;-)

i'll try to do personals tomorrow
    later gaters
  • Hey Everyone!!

I woke up and did 2 miles before going to class this morning! I was hoping that it would help defeat the lecture sleepiness -- it worked to some extent, but there's just nothing interesting about psych drugs.

Liane -- Congratulations on getting in some gym time!! I totally understand what you mean by "getting better at walking." It's much easier to do the DVDs now than it was that first week. I've also noticed that it's been helping with stamina (I guess that's the right word) -- I have to climb a couple flights of stairs to my friend's apt and today I did it without feeling tired! That's the first time I've ever done that I think. It must be all those knee lifts kicking in.

Cathy -- Enjoy the fall weather while it lasts! Before we know it, it'll be winter. I was really surprised by the brisk wind and cold temperature outside this afternoon -- I had to go get a jacket out of my car!

Thighs Be Gone -- I'm not sure if there's a download section in the iTunes store especially for fast paced walking. You might be able to search playlists that other people have made on iTunes. There's usually several that say workout somewhere in the title. If not, there's a thread in the 20-somethings subforum of good workout music.

Blackdove95 -- I'd LOVE to meet Leslie. I've read her book and she comes across the same way in the book as she does in the DVDs.

Have a fabulous evening ladies!

Cassie
  • Hiya gang!

I did the 3-mile WATW without the belt today. I still feel like I got a workout. Yay! Leslie really is, I believe, the reason for my current weight loss. That and self-motivation. I'm so "anal" about everything else in life, I figured I might as well be about exercise.

Liane: This ties in to what you were saying about walking better. I sooo believe that this is true. My bf and I went to Austin City Limits Fest (Fri through a Sun) and even spent that Thursday walking all over Austin. I gotta tell you... if I hadn't started my lifestyle change a month prior, I would've been dying and needing breaks. But I kept on It's a shame that you won't be able to go to the gym more, and not to get too personal, but I find it odd that your husband won't watch the kids a couple times a week. It's beneficial to everyone if there's a happy, motivated mommy around, no? Just wondering, and you don't even have to respond...

Cassie: Yeah, somehow I doubt even Leslie could make psych drugs interesting... unless she started lecturing WHILE you're walking. haha.

Anyway... hope you loveys are well! (And, please, call me K *smiley face optional, hee*)
  • Everyone is doing great! I am going to try and get one mile in tomorrow morning before we go to the library.

I need to find some walking music as well! What a great idea.

I soooo want to ***** about my husband but I guess everyone has their problems with balance, eh? He works long hours during the week and is also studying pretty hard for the CPA exam. I steal away on the weekends but even that is not easy bc I have to pump and leave milk in the fridge if I am away for a long while. I am really really excited to be visiting my parents next week. They will definitely love time with the grandkids while I go for a walk or to the gym. Well, you do what you can, right? That is why I love the walking dvds. I can put the baby in a babycarrier and do them if I am really desperate. Oh yes, and an Elmo dvd for the older one. LOL
  • Hi Ladies!!

This is just a quick post before school -- 3 mile WATW DVD done this morning. With the walk belt! I haven't done it in about a week -- that belt kicked my butt!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Cassie
  • Hey gang - we had "frost on the pumpkin" this morning LOL it was 36 degrees at my house. crisp and brrrrrrr I love it. It doesn't get much colder than that here in LA so I enjoy it when we get it.

I got up at 5:00 and did 2 miles. I did the WATP 1 mile walk and then the 1st mile of the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk.

Welcome Thighs Be Gone! it's nice to meet you and walk with you!

BlackDove - I agree with Cassie - I think Leslie would be just the same in person as she is on her videos. I would love to meet her. Actually, I'm tickled pink bec she put me on her top friends list on myspace.
    www.myspace.com/lesliesansone
    I'm the "Cathy & Ed" on the third line of friends

Cassie - you are doing GREAT YOU GO GIRL!

Liane - that's great that you've been at the gym! Enjoy your visit with your parents!

hope everybody has a great day!
    hugs,
    Cathy
  • Cathy - I agree, it was very burrrrrrrr here this morning in central LA!

Cassie - I worked in the mental health field for 9 years so anything to do with psych is interesting to me, meds and all.

I put in the 2 mile yesterday and made it 1.5 miles before my legs were burning so bad I could not go on. Took a short breather, then decided to go check the mail. We live near the back of a 3-acre lot so it's a little bit of a walk to and from the mailbox.

I'm off to attempt the 2 mile again, then pack for a 3 day trip back home to TX.
  • hey Thunder Thighs - were are you in Louisiana? im in Lake Charles. have a great trip!
  • how do I know how many miles I walk if I walk there and back twice a day walk all day though I have a step counter did 15,589 just because I went shopping today for
  • Hiya ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone's day went! I did the 4 mile Super Challenge tonight... needed to make up for the lunch I had today! LOL.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Cassie
  • Hiyas!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Tuesday, I skipped because the bf had the night off, so I spent time with him. Wednesday, I did the 30-min WATP, and today I did the WATW w/ belt.

I think I'm getting better at it. I'm still not quite sure about lunges tho, but I do what I can.

Cathy: I'm a bit suspicious about the myspace for LS because it says she's 25. Now, she may look it, but I know that's not true
  • Didi the 2 mile two days ago, and the 3 mile yesterday. Nothing today, but hope to get to it tomorrow!
  • hey gang - i've slept til 6 the past couple of mornings so I've missed my walking.

BlackDove - Leslie has to be around 45. on some of her latest videos she talks about if you exercise it's like you're 10 years younger than you are and says "hallejuah i'm 35" so she's got to be around 45. I went back and looked or her page but I can't find where there is an age. can you point me to it please.

CONGRATS on everybody's walking!

hugs
    cathy