I'm here!

• Starting from today, I have stopped dieting - I am entering the scary world of maintenance.

Shannon's thread about continuing to lose has made me think.

My original goal was always 140, which I hit about 2 weeks ago. But when I came back here in December after having my baby, I decided to make my goal 135 instead.

But for the last two weeks I have been bouncing between 139 and 141 and can't seem to get any lower.

So I have made an executive decision to stop 'dieting' and start maintaining, and see what happens. I do still want to get down to 135, but I'm going to up my calories to 1500 a day instead of 1300 and see what happens. I have heard of the phenomenon of eating more calories to lose weight, but have alwys been too scared to try it - what if I didn't lose, or put weight on?

So, if in my head I am maintaining and not trying to lose, then not losing won't be a bad thing, is my thinking.

I am also going to start working on my fitness levels, I have started the C25K progam, and am going to buy some body fat scales. I'm also going to stop weighing every day and start weighing once a week instead. Starting from today.
  • Congratulations!!!! You did great!

I loved the C25k, it is what turned me into a runner! I bet you'll have a blast with it!
  • Wow - well done to you too! I didn't realise you'd hit your goal too.

We can continue to support each other here in the maintainers' forum . You were my inspiration, you have done so well!
  • Robsia -
  • Oh holy smokin' hotness, you look incredible in your pink dress!

And "Run fat girl, run" doesn't really suit you at all! How about "Run hot girl, run!"
  • Congrats Robsia for making it!
  • Hey Robsia! Welcome to our little Maintainer's corner!
  • Hi there Rosbia. Welcome to the world of maintenance. It's a NICE place to be. Has it's ups and downs sometimes, if ya know what I mean , but still - a rather nice place to be.

Congratulations on a job very well done. Looking forward to hearing lots from you.
  • Quote: Oh holy smokin' hotness, you look incredible in your pink dress!

And "Run fat girl, run" doesn't really suit you at all! How about "Run hot girl, run!"
    LOL - thanks!! I was watching the movie "Run fat boy run" when I made the decision to start the C25K program.

Think I'll be able to do the next marathon?
  • Hey Robsia... a very hearty congrat's to you!!
  • Thank you kittycat - and to you too!