How much weight do you gain (or not lose) during TOM?

• Just curious-
    This is my first month anywhere near the scale during my TOM and the scale has not budged, not even a smidge, this week. I have not cheated on my plan even once, I have been exercising like a mad woman, and I KNOW there should be some downward motion in the scale.
    My only thought is it is TOM's fault. Anyone else? Thanks for the help.
  • I retain 3-5 lbs of water when it's the TOM. Usually once it's over it comes right back off .

Hope that helps! I know it's different for everyone.
  • i continue to loose throughout....
    as said above tho it is different for everyone....
  • 2-3 lbs usually. If I am somehow able to resist all cravings and eat a mostly fruit and veggie diet the whole week before TOM then I don't have any water weight. But that almost never happens.
  • I usually gain about 2 pounds of water weight, which will even itself back out after it's over. Usually, if it's a good week, I won't gain anything or will just gain a tiny bit which almost makes me more upset because if it wasn't for TOM, that would have been a good scale week
  • Usually two or three pounds, starting 3 or 4 days before I'm due to start, and then it only lets up several days after my period has started. I know it happens, but it's still frustrating. It's funny how "addicted" I've become to seeing the scale numbers change!
  • I weigh once a week on Friday, and I've never had a gain during TOM, though I might not lose as much, (1 pound vs 2 pounds). Then the next weigh in is usually pretty exciting (3 pounds vs 2 pounds.) THOUGH this last weigh in I did not lose any, for the fisrt time since starting my healthy diet. The scale betrayed me!! and it was no where near TOM...LOL
  • Usually around 3 lbs, and then after maybe a real lb is gained, bc the cravings are just to much to handle some months. But I work extra hard the week after to lose that and more.
  • Average 3-5 lbs. Plus I always get salt cravings so I probably bloat up from extra sodium intake (which I'm keeping an eye on now). There is also a 2-3lb difference for me if I weigh in the evening verses the morning. At this point I just "give" myself a 3 lb leeway knowing that it can be water weight. Our bodies fluctuate so often throughout the day and month anyway, that stressing over 3-5 lb fluctuations isn't worth it. Especially when high levels of stress can lead to emotional eating, raising of cortisol and weight gain!
  • I started my diet at the very end of TOM because I always end up failing when it rolls around. So I decided to start right at the end, and see if I can continue the healthy eating after a month of already doing it. I have a sweet tooth anyways, so tom really messes with me. I am curiouse to find out my fluctuations though.
  • I usually go up 4 or 5 pounds, then it all just *poof* disappears once TOM is over. Like one day I'll be 195, the next 190. Crazy.
  • Most months I find my weight goes down at TOM. Not always though.
  • I usually gain about 3-5lbs as well. I can eat dead on plan, no cheating and workout like the energizer bunny and still gain. I find that keeping on track and not panicking is the best advice I can give. This way when it all comes off again, I may lose a little extra.
  • TOM doesn't come around as much as it used to, which is weird considering I'm 20...

But the last time it did (June), I wasn't dieting, so IDK. But the last time I was dieting and TOM came around, my weight didn't change at all. (That was like 2 years ago!)