When did your weight loss start to slow down?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • You and I are close to the same start weight, height, goal and pounds lost. I lost 70 pounds from March to the end of August and then for the month of September I have bounced back and forth with the same 2-3 pounds. I would not call it a plateau really because I was part of the problem. I got alittle comfortable and alittle bored with the whole thing. I called it my honeymoon is over phase! *lol* I never cheated much but I stopped measuring everything and would take alittle taste of this and that here and there. Don't let yourself go there because before you know it....the month is lost and and I probably would have been at 80 pounds instead of 70. I'm back on track and am going to just start weighing in weekly. I joined a gym yesterday and have my game back on! I am just thankful that I did not regain....at least I know I can maintain! *lol*

So anyways, yes your weight loss is fine even though it's over the recommended amount....you may breeze right through this and never hit a plateau! Good Luck to you and keep up the good work!!
  • You know, a lot of people here who have a lot to lose, have reported that they hit a stall after the first 70-80 lbs. For many of us, that particular weight range is where our body takes a bit of a break to regroup and figure out what the heck is happening.

It doesn't happen to everyone, but I think for those of us who have to deal with it, it can be particularly frustrating.