As if Krispy Kreme wasn't out to kill me before...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So just read an article in a trade magazine that says Krispy Kreme is adding soft serve ice cream to their product lineup at their stores. As if they weren't already out to kill me with the "Hot Donuts" sign in the window on my way to work every morning, now they are going to have soft serve... I may have to find a new route to work...

• SOFT SERVE is on of my weaknesses. I almost NEVER say no to soft serve
  • Oh no! Don't tell me that!!!
  • When I get a soft serve craving, I head over to McDonalds. 150 calories worth of reduced fat vanilla heaven. It is the same calorie-wise as my usual dessert, and yes, it's junk food, but sometimes? Worth it!
  • I am soooo lucky that I don't have to pass any fast food or -thank goodness - a krispy kreme on my way to work!

Stay strong, Shannon!
  • soft serve filled Krispy Kreme?

*dies*
  • Quote: When I get a soft serve craving, I head over to McDonalds. 150 calories worth of reduced fat vanilla heaven. It is the same calorie-wise as my usual dessert, and yes, it's junk food, but sometimes? Worth it!
    Hey Manda, is that the soft serve vanilla cone your talking about? You know, the one that is like $1.40?
  • p.s. thank God we don't have Krispy Kreme in Canada hehe
  • Yep. The basic McDonalds Vanilla Soft Serve Cone weighs in at 150 calories. If I need dessert and I'm on the road, I flock to it. I also get one almost every time I am taking a long drive...you know, that "Hmmm, I'm tired of driving and feel like I need a treat, and am surrounded by fast food and convenience store/gas station calorie bombs" feeling? 150 calories is MINIMAL damage and McDonalds are at every rest stop.
  • Yay! {that there are no Krsipy Kremes in my area :P }
  • Awesome. I had a cone the other week and wasn't sure how many calories were in them, and felt a little bad. Now I don't feel so bad afterall. I figured it was healthier then a blizzard from D.Q. (which I would have prefered obviously)
  • Ooo - that is good to know about the McDonald's Soft Serve Cone... Thanks Amanda! I also just discovered that the Jr. Banana Split 180cals with 3.5 grams of fat. It helps me to find things that aren't so bad that I can substitute in when I think of things like soft serve at a Krispy Kreme or a Sonic Blast...

I've already altered my morning drive to not go by Starbucks, I'm going to have to tough out the Krispy Kreme. Though it will be a bigger risk on the way home, and I don't usually want coffee then, so I could always do the old route home... Hmm...
  • I'm so thankful the nearest Krispy Kreme is over 30 min. away!
  • Quote:
    When I get a soft serve craving, I head over to McDonalds. 150 calories worth of reduced fat vanilla heaven.
    For me, it's Chick-Fil-A. You can get a small cup of soft-serve for under 150 cals (basically it's the amount of ice cream you'd put in a cone, but in a cup instead). My guy laughs at me - sometimes we'll be on the phone when I go through the drive through and he'll recite along with me:

"Yes, can I have a small ice cream in a cup please?"

What's really funny is that I've got him doing the same thing, now.

• I love love love the soft serve from Chick-Fil-A... (I've used that lovelovelove phrase a lot today about food... hmm...)