Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

You're on Page 26 of 43
Go to
  • Nish, you look amazing! Those boots are VERY nice. I'm jealous

Here we go again, congrats on your WI! Can't wait to see your final stats.

Finished day 5 level 2 today. Halfway done! Level 2 is getting much easier, and I'm not panting and cursing nearly so much. Yesterday I felt horrible and put it off until 11 PM, but the neighbors were out so I just went ahead and did it. I'm so glad I did!

Anyway, great job, all!
  • Oh, I didn't do it before work like I'd planned. AND I had to do something after work, which is the biggest obstacle to being productive when I get home... BUT.. I did it! Day 12 done.

Today my quads just killed. Stairs were tough. Sitting down was tough. My shoulders are very sore too (wretched planks!). My abs hurt a little but I really remembered the pain when I tried to do the ab circuits again--those muscles were screaming!

My ankles felt somewhat better today, but still not fine. I just wear flimsy shoes so I don't slip on my wood floors. I will have to start wearing my workout sneakers. The thing is, in Korea, it's like a sin to wear shoes indoors. But I guess my boyfriend and I are not Korean so I can do whatever I want. Also, I will try those knee circles. I've sprained my ankles a few times, I'd hate to mess them up again.

I'm very excited for all of you that are close to finishing... good job everyone! I'm especially impressed with all those that did it everyday in a row. It was a feat greater than me! Can't wait to hear everyone's successes.

Also, I'm happy to see new people! And everyone else sticking it out too.

Is anyone else going to try a different workout video series? There are a few of them out there that are multi-level. I've kind of refocused my goals and it definitely includes workout intensely everyday for the next few months (until my big beach vacation). Not sure if it will be with Jillian or someone else--I just need a daily "beating."
  • i'm sick atm so i can't stick to JM...i've been working out (very light) the last 2 days but working out using 30 day shred isn't OP atm. I'll back with this next week. Congrats on people that still stick to this.
  • day 3 of level 2 completed and i must say today I actually almost kept up with it but it was still a killer and i also noticed that they are also exhausted by the time they finish their workout that i''m like ya so now i don't feel bad that it gets them too ---yet jillian barely works up a sweat --- lucky her--- yup on level one i was ok with her didnt hate her like some of you --- but on level 2 she is kicking my a** and i'm like "WHy --WHy am i doing this to myself " and then i look at the rest of you and i'm like-- because you all are helping me get through this ---

anyway--- day 1 of level 2 i couldnt keep up and had to pause the dvd a few times to see how to do the moves

day 2 of level 2 was a killer --- i missed it and then did it the next day cause i went on a 5 hour road trip so i was exhausted ---oh and i definetly had to stop the dvd to pass out while doing it==but i did it

day 3 of level 2 i completed today and i think i did much better definietly wasnt passing out like on day 2
  • I just started Workout Level 2 and I despise it...

It's so hard. I liked level 1, but level 2 has zero fun!

Please tell me level 2 is hardest and workout 3 will be fun again...
  • Mermaid- It does get easier I promise. I think day 2 was hardest for me, b/c I was so sore.

Joy- You need to have sneakers on. It makes such a big difference. You must support your ankles and feet or you will get hurt. I have learned that the hard way when I used to play basketball all the time.

Joyful- Good job girl. Doesn't it make you feel so good when you choose to do it even though you don't want to?

For some reason, my core is sore today. I'm on day 29. I have decided that I do not like the sumo squats. For some reason they just kills me. I think I've been just too busy and although I keep doing JM everyday, my body is tired. I think I may take a day off. I'll probably take Thursday off and then do a different level every day.

Has anyone tried any of her other videos? I may get another one.
  • Hi! I've ordered my 30 day shred from amazon and can't wait to get started! I'm just wondering how long the workouts are each day? I know you go 30 days straight, but are the workouts 30 minutes or an hour or what? And what other equipment will i need? I have free weights and a yoga mat, thats about it.
    You guys have really motivated me, I can't wait to get started and hear about all of your changes over the month!
  • Quote: Hi! I've ordered my 30 day shred from amazon and can't wait to get started! I'm just wondering how long the workouts are each day? I know you go 30 days straight, but are the workouts 30 minutes or an hour or what? And what other equipment will i need? I have free weights and a yoga mat, thats about it.
    You guys have really motivated me, I can't wait to get started and hear about all of your changes over the month!

free weights and the mat are all you need--- each workout is roughly 23-25 min. with the cool down
    goood luck hope you enjoy it--- its a bit tough but if you keep at it by day 3 0r 4 you'll have the hang of it
  • Did Day 13 this morning--with sneakers on! Ugh, I think I'm scuffing my floor with plank jacks and plank thrusts. I'm disliking this plank!! My shoulders are soooo sooooore.

I like Level 2 better than Level 1. Level 1 was far too easy for me by the end. Though I think I'd like to do some extra practice with deep lunges and push-ups (kind of gave up on the push-up challenge). I feel so weak in those movements and I think I'd really make some physical improvements if I can do them all the way and correctly.

Some of you are finishing soon--woohoo!
  • day 1 level 1 today.

OUCH. seriously, I knew I had gotten a little out of shape, but.... OUCH!
  • Day 29 done! Last day tomorrow. i think I'm going to do my measurements Tomorrow. I'm so excited.
  • I just finished day 1! Wow that was hard. But fun too, and I'm glad to have done it. Is anyone else just starting out?
  • I've just started out as well. I did day 3 today! Although I haven't been doing it consecutively (every other day actually) b/c of my work schedule and after the first day I was so sore.
    Now, it's much better. I am still cursing the major strength moves, but it's good. I've even got my boyfriend doing it with me, although he spends a lot of time trying to make me laugh, at least it helps motivate me to do it. Instead of snuggling on the couch we work out together! lol
    I love it though, my first exercise video! It's going to come in very handy here this winter...ugh
  • I completed level 2 day 6. I took the day off yesterday. So I'm gonna do level 2 day 7 and 8 tomorrow morning and then after lunch. Then I can move on to level 3 Thursday.
  • I have to confess ladies.... I didn't do JM today. I went to Curves and burned 560 calories. so I decided to not do it. but I did measure....

Chest 2in
    Waist- 2 in
    stomach 2 in
    hips 3 in
    thighs 1 in each
    arms 1 in each

So I guess I didn't do bad for a month. I lost 2 pounds. I lost 1% of fat.

Do you think that I did ok? I feel a little disappointed, but i know I shouldn't. I wore a pair of 16's today! I haven't wore a 16 in ten years and I'm only 27. I also canceled my curves membership b/c I don't like it anymore. i'm ruined for how jm does it. It will save me $40 a month. I may eventually join a gym, but I'm good for now. I'll do day 30 tomorrow.