Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

You're on Page 22 of 43
Go to
  • Wow, what a difference a day can make. Yesterday, Day 8 was completed in the morning, I felt good all day and the workout was easy. Today, TOM came, I did the Day 9 workout after work and I felt like I had 0 energy. It was half-*** jumping jacks and low, low butt kicks today.

Yesterday, my pants felt loose, I was dreaming I'd lose 10 lbs by the end of this and a bunch of inches. Today my pants felt tight, I felt bloated and just FAT. Almost like none of this progress or success has even happened. I know it's just hormones and water weight but man, it really drags down your motivation to keep it up when it feels like it's not working.

BUT, looking at the positive, I've worked out 9 days in a row... and during TOM, which I am the biggest baby about and usually console myself with food & TV. So good for me.

By the way, welcome to all the new folks. This is a great forum, super motivating, they've all really helped me stick with it and I am not great at sticking with anything. I either do the workout and report my success or else I'll have to admit to skipping and feel let out. Sometimes I announce to my boyfriend "I'm not going to workout today" and 5 minutes later I'm firing up the DVD because I think, oh I don't want to admit to not doing it today!

Also, I live in a one-room studio with my boyfriend. He has been home listening to me huff & puff probably 8/9 times. Even if boyfriends are around, Just Do It!
  • Quote: loose2gain, she uses dumbbells in the video, and if you want you can also get a mat for the ab portions of the workouts, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary if you're on carpet.

Nish, a THONG

Heather, maybe she seems nicer because she respects anyone who makes it that far! Jillian cracks me up. BTW, I always feel like I'm dying during the second circuit, but I think that's because my heart rate is going like crazy, and by the third circuit she brings your heart rate down a bit.

Well, my foot was killing me today, but I did it. One more day 'til level 2! Wooo! I'm trying to hit 40 miles this month too, so I've had to drop a few other things I do for exercise (like yoga), but did some yesterday and my legs feel amazing today. I don't think she stretches nearly enough at the end.

Mmmmhm.... an exercise thong. It's also scoop cut in the front and back which makes it nearly impossible to keep on. It's so low! wtF was wrong with the 80's!? It's shiny silvery baby blue. I had last night to think it over, and I found all of Jane's workout videos online and burned them to a disc. Since I don't have a job and the pickin's are looking slim in the market right now, once he gets home i'm going to put it on with hot pink tights, a sparkly belt, matching ankle socks with little flat tennis shoes, a headband and get into the workout. He won't be able to go out to lunch everyday due to the cut in funds and he loves my cooking so he's going to have to come home to that every day at 11:45.

In another scenario i'm just going to put it on to go to the gym with him and stay RIGHT by his side because, "I don't want any gym hookers picking my schnoogie woogums up!" Or stand there and do her little skanky hip rotations in it while his friends are there and not let them play video games.

You would think after four years he would know that I simply have no shame.

"Whoo!!!!! Work those healthy thighs! And step step... tip that hat! Yeehaw!"
  • Sorry, wrong thread!
  • LOL are you kidding Nish? I cracked up reading that. I would pay to see you in that 80's get up. I think that is hilarious. I am still laughing......

Also, Joyful mentioned a graduation. I think somethimg like that is a good way to reward ourselves. Any ideas on how that would work?
  • I Shredded today, day 7 of Level 1. By the time I was done, I had more energy than what I started with...so I ran/walked 2 miles around the lake.

3 more days till Level 2!!! Wooooo!
  • Graduation? Hmmmmmm..... I think I might get myself a nice haircut. I need one and it's been awhile, maybe get a pedicure.

I'm a little sore today. I think its the last exercise on level 3, the strength move. All my body weight on my arms on the dumbells and then lifting. I think that's the move that I'm feeling it today. My upper back on the sides, is feeling it!! I'm so glad. I love that feeling.
  • Hello all! I missed this weekend of workin out due to numerous trips out to family and whatnot for Canadian Thanksgiving. bah. This week is a renewed commitment though!

I had a question. How many of you out there are doing legit push ups? as in not using the modified ones where you are on your knees. And for those of you that are, were you able to always do them or is it attributed to the JM workouts?
  • Quote: Hello all! I missed this weekend of workin out due to numerous trips out to family and whatnot for Canadian Thanksgiving. bah. This week is a renewed commitment though!

I had a question. How many of you out there are doing legit push ups? as in not using the modified ones where you are on your knees. And for those of you that are, were you able to always do them or is it attributed to the JM workouts?

I don't do modified push-ups, but I attribute them with constantly doing them every day for five very long years in the army. A smart mouth gets you in pretty good shape there.

Push-ups are just one of those things that you have to practice at and do often in order to get good at.

Also remember that push ups are much easier for men because they naturally have superior upper body strength, and because they do not have breasts. A woman with a C cup doing push ups has, on average, about 5-7lbs of hanging breast fat/tissue (ie: dead weight) that she has to lift every time. Men would not find them all that easy if they hung a pair of 2.5lb dumbbells around their chest and did them, so even doing the modified version is just as beneficial for upper body strength. The only real difference in regular vs. "girly" push ups is that regular push ups also incorporate more core muscles instead of putting all the weight in the back, shoulders, and biceps.

@Heather: Yes, I am going to do it at least once. I can't think up this kind of prank and not follow through with it. I put together a stupid outfit with it today and sent him pictures. LoL! He wrote back, "I will punch you in the $%#@!&* rib if you call me schnoogie woogums. You actually put it on HAHAHA thats so funny boo! I hate to admit it but its actually kinda hot Now I understand why my dad watched those exercise shows on tv when i was a kid but never exercised. Why were they always in hawaii or malibu?"
  • Quote: Hello all! I missed this weekend of workin out due to numerous trips out to family and whatnot for Canadian Thanksgiving. bah. This week is a renewed commitment though!

I just have to say Nish is amazing! I have worked up to regular pushups from the plank position. I can't do them if I'm on the ground and then go up. I would say JM has for sure made my upper body stronger. I can tell a lot. I'm one of those people that has bad "chicken wings" and it has gone down and I can feel my muscles where before it was just fat.

Nish- I've never heard it explained that way! That was so good.
  • I just wanted to say that this thread has made me look into exercising dvd's too, it's really motivating! (Not this exact one probably, since I can't get it in Holland and shipping it from the US costs more than the dvd itself.)

I have one question though... I live in a student's home that is quite noisy (think cardboard walls). Also the floor creaks very much. At least I am lucky enough to have enough space to do the exercises... but I'm afraid I'll be extra-careful because I don't want my fellow housemates to hear me following a dvd like this. Now that I write it down this sounds really stupid. But it really feels that way for me. A dvd would be ideal for at least a few days a week, I do lots of running and swimming but sometimes the possible hours don't fit my schedule.
  • Level 2 day 1 complete. That is way different then Level 1. I made it through the whole workout without any breaks. The push ups with planks were difficult and the last circuit with the abs were difficult but I pushed myself through it and got it done. I was sweating buckets. It felt great. I'm happy I only did 8 days of Level 1 and went on to Level 2. My arms and legs are gonna be killin me tomorrow.
  • Day 22 done.

I was sooo sore today. I'm sure my neighbors that live below me can't wait for this to be over, so I'll stop making so much noise jumping around.
  • I am just a barrier of bad news these days. Over the weekend, while bowling, I injured my hip badly, so I've been doing these exercises in moderation, avoiding the real pain causers. I don't consider this actually doing the shred, but I've been doing some of my favorites just to stay motivated. Hopefully my hip will be better by the end of this week.

I'm still losing, so that's good.

But you ladies are such an inspiration. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Just curious, what do you ladies plan on doing after you're done your 30-day shred? Will you continue to do the routines, or try something new?
  • Woops! I missed page 21 and realized that my question was answered.
  • day 14 completed.