Thread Killer - The Withdrawal, Pain and Anxiety

You're on Page 31 of 35
Go to
  • Just to show you how things can get garbled. I was talking to a hard of hearing friend, the conversation went like this.
    Me: Did you know Frank had a stroke ?
    Her: No.
    Me: Yes, he is in the hospital.
    Silence for several minutes and
    Her: Was he shaving?
    Me: Shaving?
    Her: When he cut his throat?
  • Bargoo: Funny stuff!!!

EZ: No, I don't get up quite that early for the scores, but I was up at 6, feed the animals, get the coffee, go to the bakery for donuts (for the kids!), then read the scores.
  • Quote: Anyone else get up before 5am to read the local high school football scores from last night?
    Why wait for them to show up in the paper? Here there's a website where you get live updated scores Friday evening during the games and a state website where they're posted the next morning.
  • I can get the scores here too that way WEB....however...by the half I am usually asleep...at the game or not!

My alma mater beat cross town high school 28-0 by the way!
  • Of course there's more "story" in the mini-coverage in the newspaper.
    Congrats!
  • Did anyone else have a turkey dinner for lunch at church in 100 degree temps?

Didn't feel much like fall!
  • Beautiful here, too. I'm kind of surprised that the local news people haven't started their news stories regarding our lack of snow yet. Worry about the drought... unless, we get too much snow, then we... worry about the flooding in the spring.
  • 42 to go.
    Good morning everyone.
    It was in the 40s here this morning, but we've got a bright blue sky.
  • Snow on the ground here...first of the year that stuck
  • 460 ...
    ... 40 to go.

Warm enough in the Boston area this morning for a pleasant walk.

Now turning colder, but sunny,

This thread is dead. Long live this thread.
  • BILL the DODGERS pulled their offer off the table for MANNY....no way they will spend any $$$. Fun while it lasted!

Had a wonderful coffee date and walk along the beach in Carlsbad, California between 6:40 and 8:30 with my beautiful wife and my two spoiled brats.

The cities 70 miles north of me are on fire....so sad.
  • Might as well put my question about construction here.

We tore out the banjo over the toilet. However, there is a hole in the wall. I know I can get a square of sheetrock to fix it. How do I make it stay flush and not fall back in the hole?
  • this is EZ MARE...I will PM you after the Charger game....1 minute or so
  • I'm loving this October weather.

Snowbird Ski Resort opened a couple of weeks ago when it snowed, but I bet they're snow machining it to stay open.

Set up my home gym last week.

Spring Cleaning in the Fall this week.

Gosh, I been a busy little girl.

35 to go.

Oh yeah, anyone know of a good recipe for cooked apple ice cream topping? I got my in-laws a triple stacker condiment set for a Thanksgiving Hostess gift and I want to make spicy apple topping in the big one, peanut butter/chocolate sauce in the medium and chopped nuts in the little one. Then we'll bring French Vanilla Ice Cream and dessert wine. Any ideas will be appreciated.
  • it is NOVEMBER OPERATOR