Thunder calves!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I have huge, muscular calves, too. Years of walking when I lived in another country. We didn't own a car so on an almost daily basis, I'd walk at least 5 miles a day and climb 8 flights of huge stairs at least twice a day (no elevators, either). I'm hoping they shrink a bit with the weight loss because they're quite big but other than that, I don't mind having calves that look a little bigger than others.
  • I have huge calves too.. but then again I had wide yet short feet. I walk alot and it shows.. but I don't mind it. My ancestors had their feet bind and crap like that.. so I'm just happy I'm able to walk and run and chase the heck out of the city bus I'm 2 minutes late for.

So cheer up! Strong is very beautiful!
  • Mine are 14" around and they are giant. But then again they have always been big. I'm short so they look even bigger. I bet stretching and exercise like swimming which someone else mentioned would help. Mine aren't going anywhere, though. LOL
  • Quote: Mine are 14" around and they are giant. But then again they have always been big. I'm short so they look even bigger. I bet stretching and exercise like swimming which someone else mentioned would help. Mine aren't going anywhere, though. LOL
    Hmm .. well, I started with calves over 16.5" (I didn't measure until 2 weeks in) and they are now 15.625. I've been quite liking them. I've never been under the delusion that they're small, but I've always thought they were just right . I'm pear shaped, but not extremely so, and they seem quite in proportion to me. But I'm sure my height probably helps some . I think they will still get smaller but not drastically - I mean, it's so far taken 21 weeks and 40+ pounds to lose .875", and I only have an estimated 25 pounds left to lose.

Note - reading over that, I just wanted to say that I didn't mean that you were making me feel bad. I love my calves . Just offering another perspective.
  • Quote: Hmm .. well, I started with calves over 16.5" (I didn't measure until 2 weeks in) and they are now 15.625. I've been quite liking them. I've never been under the delusion that they're small, but I've always thought they were just right . I'm pear shaped, but not extremely so, and they seem quite in proportion to me. But I'm sure my height probably helps some . I think they will still get smaller but not drastically - I mean, it's so far taken 21 weeks and 40+ pounds to lose .875", and I only have an estimated 25 pounds left to lose.

Note - reading over that, I just wanted to say that I didn't mean that you were making me feel bad. I love my calves . Just offering another perspective.
    Hey no fair! You have 8 inches on me in height. I'm still trying to learn to love my body for how it is. I don't really spend time thinking about my legs too much. But I am obsessed with arms. I love muscular arms. Esp. with tattoos...
  • I just had to measure my calves...they are 16.5". I'm short and have stocky legs, huge thighs and a very big bum. It seems like all the weight I've lost, over 60 lbs now, has pretty much just been from my upper body. I've never been able to wear knee high boots, or even mid calf boots, my legs are just too big. And its not too much fat, at least not sub-cutaneous fat anyways. it doesn't jiggle. I just swore off short skirts and dresses years ago.
  • my calves are big as well...mostly very muscular however I HATE that I cannot buy any boots w/ zippers in them..just cannot get them done up...I love shoes/boots so much and it depresses me when I try them on and cannot get them on
  • Mine are 13.5 - they're absolutely stocky compared to the rest of me. I never wear shorts - mostly capris during the summer. Yoga has actually helped mine become more toned - up dog/down dog and touching my toes has worked wonders over time.
  • Mine are huge but lots of fat. Sorry no help here.