Four-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

• Four-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

Servings: 24
    Contains Dairy
    Diabetes-Friendly

Nutritional Info (Per serving):
    Calories: 42, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 105mg, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Total Fat: 3g, Carbs: 2g, Sugars: 1g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Protein: 3g
    Exchanges: Medium Fat Meat: 0.5
    Recipe Source:

Time: 20 mins
    Cook Time: 8 mins
    Total Time: 28 mins
    Ingredients
    24 large mushrooms
    1 tablespoon oil, olive
    8 tomato(es), sun-dried, not oil-packed
    boiling water
    1 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, low-fat
    1/2 cup(s) spinach, finely chopped
    1/2 cup(s) cheese, shredded Monterey Jack
    3 tablespoon cheese, grated Parmesan
    2 clove(s) garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
    1/2 cup(s) cheese, feta, crumbled
    1 tablespoon basil, fresh
    basil, fresh
    Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Brush mushroom caps with oil. Arrange in a shallow baking pan, stem sides down. Bake for 12 minutes. Drain off any liquid. Increase oven temperature to 450°F.

2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover dried tomatoes with boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain tomatoes, discarding liquid. Coarsely snip tomatoes. In a medium bowl, combine snipped tomatoes, ricotta cheese, spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, snipped basil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Turn mushroom caps stem sides up; fill caps with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese over tops.

3. Bake filled caps in the 450° oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. If desired, garnish with basil leaves.

• Oooh, those look so good. Will have to try these!
  • These were really good! I made a few tweaks (added crushed red pepper, LF everything,

My only complaint is that the mushrooms get REALLY watery! I drained teh excess and cleaned out the baking dish, and by the time I went to stuff, the 'shrooms were filled with water Then again too after I baked them the second time. Maybe it was just extra watery mushrooms and I missed it on the package?

I did buy 2 packages, picked the biggest ones and still had a lot of the stuffing left over. I am going to use it as a dip for my veggies tomorrow for lunch!
  • OK me again!

I put this in portobello mushroom caps last night for MIL and it was a hit! Kinda like a mini pizza!!! I am soo making this again this week for dinner.
  • Hey, Jenne, did you soak your mushrooms in water or use too much water to rinse them first? They say you shouldn't wash mushrooms at all, just wipe them with a damp towel, but I can't stand the thought of not washing them first. But mushrooms will be watery if you use too much water, so I try to rinse them with as little water as possible.

I keep forgetting about this recipe, but it sounds so yummy that I'm making sure I put it on the menu soon.
  • You can peel mushrooms pretty easily too instead of washing!
  • Quote: Hey, Jenne, did you soak your mushrooms in water or use too much water to rinse them first? They say you shouldn't wash mushrooms at all, just wipe them with a damp towel, but I can't stand the thought of not washing them first. But mushrooms will be watery if you use too much water, so I try to rinse them with as little water as possible.

I keep forgetting about this recipe, but it sounds so yummy that I'm making sure I put it on the menu soon.
    Nope, I watch enough food TV to know just a paper towel to dust. No water involved!!! Even the portobellos were really watery! I may need to bake them a few minutes longer?
  • Making these again today. Still watery too. So I put the shrooms stem side down around the ring of a plate and drained the pan. I gave them each a slight squeeze before filling them and that helped.

I also cheated and used some of the oiled sundried tomatoes (it's what I had). I strained them and squeezed them off and used a bit of the oil to sautee some fresh spinach. I also added the feta in the mushroom mixture, as well as a bit of mozzarella (used 1/2 of a cup of ricotta and 1/3 cup of the monteray, parm, feta and mozz). YUMMY!!!!

• wow, these look delicious! My friend is having an iron chef mushroom party, where everyone makes a mushroom dish. I'm thinking of making these. Is one a serving? Or two?
  • It says "Servings: 24" so the nutritional information looks to be per mushroom. If it's a potluck, I would say 2-3 mushrooms per person is more than enough.
  • I am just about to start phase 1. thinking this might be good for breakfast with some eggs on the side