Getting Motivated, Strong, Hydrated and Healthy

You're on Page 8 of 20
Go to
  • GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

The weather is wet and miserable here in Ireland but I don't mind cause I am in control!! I walked 4 miles yesterday.

T-girl - 3.5 POUNDS!! THAT IS SOOOOOO GOOD AND SOOOOOO INSPIRING FOR THE REST OF US!! You keep up the good work!! You enjoy your baby cause they grow up so fast!!

Lauri - you have been busy and you are doing well to nearly stay OP. You will be fine anyway with all this running you are doing

Semo, Patty, Billiesrosie. Taz and everyone else have a good OP day.

Take Care All

Anne

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
    -unknown
  • hey everybody another hot day ,, but alot of sun!! I am so glad to hear you are doing well MOOZ, and conrol is vital, and it makes things happen!! Wonderful,,,How is everybody else??I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, I am doing well, gotta do my tae bo, ( and I will!) talk to you all later!!

Latisia
  • good morning ladies! Today is my first day at our new office. I have a feeling it will be a zoo. We are doing alot of things different. I'm usually pretty easy, but some of those I work with are not. I can see the twitching eyelids even as i type this...
    (I wonder how many calories that burns? )
    Anywho, I went to the gym on Saturday AND Sunday. It wasn't too cold out, but the wind was just unreal. I don't know if you all know but I live in one of the windiest areas of the US of A. It's hard for me to run in, when the wind is blowing 35 mph. It takes my breath away, literally. Once I reach my mileage, I can give it a shot...
    I hope everyone is well, and had a good weekend. TTYL
    lauri
  • Hi girls. This is the first time I've visited the boards in weeks. I am SO touched that you guys were worried about me. So much has been happening.

If you recall, I had been trying to lose weight before I went and saw my DH. Well, now that is only a week away. I'm still down 5 pounds since he left, but I had been down 13. Here's what happened... I did it all. I journaled, I drank the water, I exercised, I stayed between 1400-1600 calories a day. I checked over my journal entries just to make sure that I was honest to god on track, and not fooling myself. I was doing everything just as I was supposed to. So then I stopped losing. I didn't give up. I figured it was water weight or something. Then, the next week I gained a pound. I didn't give up. I figured I must be building muscle and losing inches. Then the next week I gained 2 pounds. At this point I was furious. I measured myself, and the only place I lost an inch was in my chest. I figured if I was gonna gain weight, than I was going to eat what I wanted to eat. I haven't gone back to my old ways of eating, but I'm not OP either.
    I guess I'm sick of my weight ruling my life. I'm constantly obsessed by it, whether it be how much I'm gaining, or how much I'm losing. I'm a size 16/18. That's what I am. There's nothing wrong with that, though the fashion world would have me think otherwise. If they don't like it, they can cram it.
    Not to mention, I've just had so many other things happening in my life right now that I don't have the time to obsess about myself anymore. I'm one exhausted mama.
    I'm flying out in 1 week to see my DH....FINALLY!! I'm dissapointed that I won't look better, but quite frankly, after 10 weeks of not gettin' any I'd look good to him if I showed up in a bathrobe and curlers.
    Thanks so much to all of you for caring. I hope you're all doing well. I probably won't be back in here at least until I get back from the trip.

Talk at ya later,
    Jen
  • Good Afternoon Ladies

It's a beautiful day here in BIG D. It's suppose to get to 90 today... The weather has been playing havoc on my allergies. One day it's 60 the next it's 80. I stayed in pretty much this weekend, due to sneezing, running eyes etc. But today i'm feeling somewhat better. I did really good on my food this weekend. I still need to work on drinking the H2O.

Jen - It's good to hear from you. I'm sure you hubby is looking forward to seeing you too. Stay in touch, I know things gets hetic, just remember we're here for ya.

Mooz - Can i bring my dirty clothes to you. I still go to my mom's house for some good home cooking. Luckily she only 20 minutes away from me. Way to GO on your walking. I'm trying to pick up my pace. I"m only doing about 2 miles a day.

Lauri - Way to go on going to the gym. I still have some of my personal belongings in boxes from my last move. It's been close to 2 years. (Do you think I still need them if there still boxed up?) I"m a pack rat How about them MAVERICKS...

T-girl - WAY TO GO ON YOUR 3.5 lb weight loss

Semo, Billierose - hope you all are having a geat day.
  • hey all! I did do my tae bo kinda late last night, but I fit it in. I walked early this am , it is scorching out there!!Jen, just hang in there, I know it is hard, and sometimes plateus just come and stay awhile.. Just keep at what you are doing, dont give up,,!!! Lauri, good luck at your new job, I hope you have a blast!! must be exciting!! Well Imma chase my boy around, it is too hot to have him out unneccesarily. so we will camp in for the rest of the day!! Talk to you all later!!

Latisia
  • GOOD EVENING GIRLS!!
    I am doing not too bad eating and I walked 4 miles today. I weigh in tomorrow night at WW.

T-girl - you sound as if you are really enjoying life at the minute - good for you.

Patty - you sound in good form too even though you are sneezing etc.

Jen - it is so nice to hear from you again. You enjoy your time with your hubby and I know you will just be gorgeous for him Beauty comes from within and you are a beautiful chick!!

Lauri - It is hard enough to walk against the wind so it must be even more so when you are running but we have every faith in you and we know you will do it because you are determined to!!

Semo and Billiesrosie - hope you are OP and keeping well!!

ENJOY BEING YOU

Rather than chasing after what you don't have, use your energy to more fully express what you do have. Instead of striving to be someone you are not, instead of conforming yourself to the world's idea of success, create and live your own definition of success. Be who you are. That's where your most valuable treasure is.
    Set free that beautiful, worthy person inside of you. Free yourself from worrying about what others might think, or say, or do. Instead, focus on being the best, most authentic manifestation of you that you can possibly be.

You are complete and whole right now. There is no need to prove anything to anyone. There is no need to wait for happiness or fulfillment. They are yours when you decide to live them. This is your moment in which to live with all the richness you can imagine.

Enjoy being you, right now. There is so much you have to contribute, just by living the one-of-a-kind life that is your destiny. It's more than OK to be you. It's the very best and most genuinely fulfilling thing you can do. Enjoy giving your own special gifts to life, and lift yourself up along with the world around you.

-- Ralph Marston

• Just a very quick check in, I hardly have time to go to the bathroom these days, but I'm still drinking water. At least when I do get to the bathroom I don't have to answer the phone.

All is going well, I ended up working most of the day Saturday and then went to look at the banquet room for the rehersal dinner. Pretty ugly. I'm trying to come up with something that's not too expensive for table decorations. There are eight- 8 foot tables. Any suggestions. My friend that went with me suggested plastic champane glasses filled with colored water then floating candles. I bought those and some silver confetti and ice cycles to sprinkle on the tables plus silver ribbon to tie the glasses with. But still think that I need something more.

Well back to work for me, chat later.
  • Hello everybody! I am just stopping in, have a t ire, changing appointment, my tires are gone!! Well I kinda did bad last night, but I learned from it!! I made this low fat cheesecake that was too scrumpious, so I over ate on it. I threw it away today though, gotta stay op!! I am going to get some rice cakes today, running low on them .. Hey hope everyone is doing well!! talk to you all later!

Latisia
  • GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!

I didn't go to WW as I knew by my own scales that I was still the same weight

Semo - I was looking up the internet and came across these sites which might give you some ideas!

http://www.usabride.com/centerpieces...terpieces.html
    http://www.stretcher.com/stories/971009f.cfm
    http://www.webwedding.co.uk/articles...entrepiece.htm
    http://www.zweddings.com/decoration_tips.php3

T-girl - well at least it was low fat

Gotta rush off and go for a walk.

Take care everyone

Anne
  • Good Evening Ladies

Gee, I went to the doctor's yesteday & I have a sinsus infection. I got some meds & stayed home today so I could sleep. I'm feeling much better now. Boy, I turned 40 last November & I feel like i'm falling apart. I didn't exercise today or yesterday, but I did walk the dog 1 mile.

Semo - I'm not a very creative person, but I went to a wedding a while back & on the tables, they had the glasses with floating candles & then had rose petals on the table. It was pretty.

Mooz - Shame on you for not going to WW. Your suppose to go whether you lose or not. Plus you still have to pay dont you? We do here, we have to pay for miss weeks.

T-girl - I'm with you, if i have it in the house, I just can't seem to eat sweets or goodies in moderation.

Talk to you all tomorrow..
  • Good morning all. Thanks Mooz for the web sites, I'll try to check them out later today or tonight.
    Doing better on eating, yesterday I was so hungry didn't think I was gonna make it home. Then I ate a bowl the size of a small dishpan full of salad.
    Patty, if you think you're falling apart at forty, wait until you hit the 50's.....it's a down hill slide alright.. everything slides down, boobs, butt, face, etc, but that's why we have to exercise.
    we don't want everything to hit the floor!
    Jen, Hope you're having a wonderful time with your hubby.
    Lauri, are you getting all situated in the new office. How's the running? How many minutes running and walking?
    T-girl, smart move on chunking the temptation. I'm the same way, if I have something in the house that I shouldn't eat it just calls my name until I get rid of it. Sad to say but it's usually by eating it.
    Got to run, have a great day.
  • Good Afternoon Ladies

Today i'm feeling much better... the meds are kicking in...
    I'm having to drink lots of water though. I'm OP & feeling good..
    Tonight I plan on either walking on the treadmill or pulling out the ol tae-bo.

Semo - Can you bring some type of snack to the office, that way your not starving on your way home. I have some small applesauce in 1/2 cup servings that I keep up here at the office. Sometimes I have one right before I leave the office, that way I'm not tempted to stop & buy something.

Mooz - How are you doing? Did you take your walk today?

Lauri - Hope the new office is getting settled. How is the running going?

Jen - Hope your doing ok?

T-girl - How are you doing? I think I might join ya & do my tae-bo tonight..

we'll need to run...
    talk to you all later...
  • Hey Mooz, I was thinking that too, I said well it was low fat, just couldn't keep it out of my reach!! Hey Patty, I hope you pulled out the tae bo!! You wont regret it !! I did it last night, and I feel great!! I walked this morning, and it was kinda windy, helped even out the heat, loved it.. How is everybody.. OP today, well actually had lots of fluids, and fruit.. just for today.. Well talk to you all later!!

Latisia
  • GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!

Just a quick call before I go to linedancing.
    I walked 4 miles today and my eating was good apart from some Quality Street that my mum had in her swettie box!! I ate about 10 of them

Patty - glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Our WW leader doesn't make us pay for a missed week as long as we phone her before the meeting and tell her or leave a message saying so. She probably wouldn't like us to do it too often though.

Semo - Are you drinking your water? Sometimes we think we are hungry but we are actually thirsty!!

Lauri, T-girl, Jen and Billiesrosie - hope all is well with you.

Take Care All

Anne

ONE WHO REMOVES A MOUNTAIN, BEGINS BY CARRYING AWAY SMALL STONES. Chinese Proverb