Getting Motivated, Strong, Hydrated and Healthy

You're on Page 16 of 20
Go to
  • Good Afternoon ladies

T-girl - Way to go on your 3.5 weight loss... You go Girl. I'm glad you found the key to what motivates you.

Spkrleyes37 - .75 is a loss too... Way to go... Hey a loss is a loss...

Mooz - Wow you are our Linedancing Queen... as Taz would say.

Taz - I'm so happy for you, in finding the right guy. I'm sure he is just as energetic as you, to be able to keep up with you.

This past weekend was a busy one for me, I had a list of errans I had to run, get tires rotated, oil change, etc. I didn't get the exericse in like i wanted but I was OP all weekend...
  • Hi girls! Hubby and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary Friday night then got up Saturday and went to the lake. We got back late last night but needed the time away. Don't even want to discuss what I ate and drank! Doing good so far today except for the water and I have a gallon jug of spring water in the frig just waiting on me.

Congrats on everyone doing so well on the exercise and weight loss! A big WOO HOO for all of you.

My niece is having a yard sale this coming weekend so I'm going home this evening and gather up some stuff. One of my goals for the summer is to de-junk some of the stuff laying around the house. It's just hubby and me at home and you wouldn't believe all the junk I have packed in every nook and crannie. Guess part of that is living in the same house for 24 years. Even if I wanted something that I have stuck back I wouldn't be able to find it. And besides that how many empty butter tubs can one person need!!!

The guys all worked Saturday and Sunday so you know what my desk looks like. I've run a ton of invoices this morning and now I need to put them together and get them filed. You guys have a great day and will talk to ya later!

Jen, if you're out there we want to hear from you and find out your trip was. But most of all we want to know how you are!!
  • HI ALL:
    It is early evening and I am pooped. My daughter and I power shopped today. I really enjoyed her company but when I walked into the house my husband almost fainted by all the bags I was hauling in.

Semo I'm happy you had a good weekend at the lake. Our anniversary is coming up at the end of this month. 46 years with the old boy. If you need more butter cartons let me know I thing I have a truckload we have lived in our house for 35 years and I still have those little plaster handprints out in boxes in the garage. I dont know how I will ever say goodbye to this house as we have all grown up in it. GOOD MEMORIES.

1 Day at a time:
    sounds like you had a real errand weekend. Maybe you will get to slow down this week.

Untill tomorrow.
    GO LAKERS

• GOOD DAY CHICKS!!
    The weather is miserable here this morning. My mum has another urine infection and I had to get in touch with the doctor on call to get her more antibiotics. I also have to see the dentist this afternoon. My eating is a bit haywire when I am stressed out.
    Will call later.
    Anne
  • Good Morning to All. I ended up working until 6:00 pm last evening but still went by my storage rental and dug out some stuff for the yard sale. Brought hubby's pickup to work today and going back to pull some boxes out to go to the dumpster. I've never seen so many spiders... Felt like things were crawling all over me and couldn't wait to get home and shower after I left there.

Mooz, sorry that your Mother isn't feeling well, she is very lucky that you take such good care of her. Some people do not realize how difficult that job is until they have done it.... my hats off to you.

Spkrleyes, thanks for the offer but I'll pass on the tubs...It's sort of like they just multply when they go into the cabnet.

Patty, T-Girl, Taz, Jen and Lauri hoping that you're having a great Tuesday. The temp is already 80 degrees at 8:00 in the morning and it's humid.

Chow for now.
  • hi ladies! I went camping this weekend. Had a good time but too many marshmallows! LOL
    I have not run in awhile. A few weeks ago I had two huge blisters on my left heel. I wasn't aware of them at first until my work shoes rubbed on them and they were bleeding. I took to riding my bicycle instead which is still exercise LOL!!
    Work is killing me. (not literally I hope LOL) Since we've moved our offices I have been verbally abused on a daily basis by people who couldn't find it and liked the old location better, blah blah blah. I am telling you, I pray for strength regularly just to keep from slapping these people and getting fired. ROFL And these are the younger women! The elderly ladies we see are always so wonderful. I felt like telling one young women that I had 90 year old women who could find the place. Sorry. Gotta vent sometimes!
    Mooz, that picture looks like the place I was camping this weekend! It freaked me out at first!
    Congrats to SEMO on your wedding anniversary. I have been married to my high school sweetheart since November 1, 1980. This December 26 will be the 25th anniversary of our first date!
    Well, gotta get ready for the salt mines!
    lauri

• GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!
    WEll I am in much better form this evening. Mum is feeling much better as the antibiotics started to work very quickly. I have been to the dentist and he says he should be able to crown the teeth that are giving me the problems so I am happy about that.
    My eating has been good so far and I hope to go for a walk soon.

Lauri - glad to hear you had a good weekend camping - sorry to hear about your blisters though! It must be unpleasant to listen to those people giving off to you but they are the ones with the problem!!

Semo - glad you had a nice anniversary and it is ok to slip up a little on a special occasion as long as you get back on track again quickly!!
    Hope you do well at the yard sale. I was just thinking about de-junking our house today as my two eldest are home from university with all their stuff and there is not a lot of space to put it all!!

Spkrleyes - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR .75 LOSS!! YGG
    I've never heard it called power shopping before but I will call it that from now on!! I am going power shopping with my daughter tomorrow!!

Patty - good for you staying OP and so long as you kept yourself busy you can get away with not doing exercises.

T-girl - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3.5 POUNDS LOSS - all that rushing about and exercising has paid off!! YGG

Taz - nice of you to call in and see us and Good Luck with your book and your new guy and don't forget we will want to buy an autographed copy of your book!!

Take Care All and I will call in the morning

Anne
  • Good Evening All

Today I only worked a 1/2 day.. We had a work celebration & we all went bowling. It was alot of fun other than I know i'm going to be sore tomorrow. I can already feel it in my back. I also went off point when I had the 2 choc. chip cookies (they were right out of the oven) couldn't resist.

Semo - Congrats on your anniversary. I too need to have a garage sale. Actually I started gathering some items to get rid of.

Mooz - Glad to hear your mother is feeling better & glad to hear the dentist can take care of that tooth. I know when we get stressed we do turn to food, but during this time also try to keep your linedancing up. Exercise is a good reliver for stress....

Lauri - I sure hope those blisters heal. Are you going to continue running? I know you had a 10k coming up?

spkrleyes37 - Power shopping? sounds like fun... Just wish I had a powershopping bank account..

We'll I need to run... I need to mow the back yard...
  • Hello all, how ya was your day? I am doing good/op, went walking did some wieghts, and plan to do my tae bo 2 tomorrow, cant wait, enjoyed wal mart, ( never thought id be saying that, lol) and i am waitin for Sat, lol well just stoppin in, hope everyone is doing great,
  • Good Morning Ladies. Yesterday wasn't very productive for me, one of the guys fell and broke his arm and I took him to the emergency room. We left about 9 and didn't get back to the office until almost two. I hate to say it about our local hospital but if it's anything major you better not stop there.
    Trying to get myself motivated to stay on program, do great most of the day then I end up blowing it. What I don't understand is that I went over a year and did wonderful and now I can't seem to get through a whole day. Maybe today will be the day that does it for me.
    Hubby is interviewing for a promotion today so say a little prayer for him (while your at it mention me too). He likes the job he has now but this would be more suitable for him.
    Okay I'm off, you all have a great day.
  • Good Afternoon

Semo, I can relate... It's so hard staying motivated. Last week I did not have a gain or loss, but I didn't exercise at all because I had been sick, and this week it's so hard to get back to exercising. I know I need to do it if I want to see a loss. I have slacked off on my journaling, but I know I have to got to get back on track. Are you journaling? drinking your H2O, Maybe you could for one day focus on one item... like drinking water... make that your day's goal... then the next add something else. We all know what to do...It's just doing it...... Like the nike add says..." Just do it"...

To everyone else, hope your having a good day...
  • Hello All...

Semo, I just happened to read this & thought it might help..

STARTING
    POINT

Regardless of how far behind you may be, you always can choose to move forward.
    Though people and events and circumstances may conspire against you,
    you can decide to move ahead anyway. Success depends on your direction,
    not on your position. No matter where you may be, it is always within your reach,
    and you can always begin to work for your own special success.

It's perfectly okay to be where you are. Because from where you are,
    you can move steadily to wherever you desire to be. Sure, it's probably
    not the ideal situation, and yet it is a starting point. It's the starting point you have,
    and one from which you most certainly can move forward.

It will happen because you decide to make it happen. It will happen because
    you'll do what's necessary to make it happen. This day, this place,
    this situation is your starting point.
    Now is your moment to reach as high as you care to reach.
    Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Decide for yourself and start moving yourself positively there.

-- Ralph Marston

• GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
    Can't stop long as I am in the library as my son is working on my computer.
    Have a good OP day all

Take Care Anne
  • Good Morning Ladies! Thanks Patty, I needed that.

Not much going on around here, had computer problems all day yesterday and they aren't fixed yet today. Currently waiting on the help desk to get back to me so we can re-install a couple of programs.

Okay, their on hold gotta run.
  • Good Morning to ALL:
    Have been very busy. I have a Grandaughter graduating form High School. Planning a Party.

Semo: I hope all went well with you Husbands interview that is a very stressful event. About the Hospitals all Hospital ER rooms are the same. I Volunteer at a Hospital and their ER is always full and the wait about 3 to 4 hours. Give yourself some quiet time Read a Book - Take a long bath with bubble bath and a little yellow duck - do something nice for yourself it pays off.

1 Day: Hang in there maybe we better all listen to Nike
    You mow the lawn???? I could not do that if my life depended on it. Glad my DH like it. Those Cookies sounded good I love sweets.

Mooz: Glad to hear Mom is better it is really scary when a loved one gets sick.

Well gotta run I volunteer at the Hospita today. I cuddle sick babies. I think it is more fun for me than the sick babies.
    Have a good day.

Norma