What is your Favorite Salad Dressing?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Im looking for low fat, fat free good for you type of dressings.
    I really am starting to HATE fat free Ranch. It just has a potent
    nasty smell!!! UGHHHH
  • I love teh Paul Newman spray on dressings. Low fat, low calorie and really good flavor. Even my 9 year likes them!
  • Kraft Asian Sesame Light

I have become addicted to the stuff. I use it on salad, I make cole slaw with it, I drizzle it over fruit, I baste veggies on the grill with it, I have even marinaded chicken in it.

Yummy stuff.

• I make my own honey mustard dressing with low-fat mayo, dijon mustard, honey, and lemon juice.
  • I like Good Seasons Italian (comes with the cruet!) only I don't add the oil, or verrrrry little of it. I'm not tired of it yet. You can vary it up with balsamic vinegar or some other seasonings.

Salsa makes a good salad dressing.

I get the impression you are looking for something creamy and ranch-y, so no ideas from me, luckily I was always kind of grossed out by ranch/blue cheese, sour cream, mayonaisse, that kind of texture....good luck!
  • i mix plain low fat or nonfat yogurt (greek is better) with salsa....
  • So far Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette

but I've heard many great things about Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing, can't wait to try it!
  • Quote: Kraft Asian Sesame Light

I have become addicted to the stuff. I use it on salad, I make cole slaw with it, I drizzle it over fruit, I baste veggies on the grill with it, I have even marinaded chicken in it.

Yummy stuff.

That stuff is amazing! If I don't have any of that left over I go for Zesty Italian.
  • I love Annie's Goddess dressing, but it's not exactly diet friendly. So I make a lite version of it that I found on the fatfreevegan website. Here's the recipe:

Susan's Lite Goddess Dressing

6 ounces lite firm silken tofu (1/2 pkg. of Mori-Nu)
    1/4 cup water
    1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
    1 tablespoon tahini
    2 green onions, white parts removed, chopped
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, packed
    1 large clove garlic

Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.

Makes 10 servings of 2 tbsp. each. Per serving: 19 Calories (kcal); 1 g Total Fat; (45% calories from fat); 1 g Protein; 1 g Carbohydrate; 0 mg Cholesterol; 164 mg Sodium

Personally, I think it tastes best with 2T of tahini, but that will add a few more calories per serving. I think it's worth it for flavor.
  • Galeos Miso Dressing. DELICIOUS!!! http://www.galeoscafe.com/products.html

Just click on the bottle and it'll give ya the nutritionals. The caesar is SO GOOD!!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!! per tbls 15 cals, 1g fat 56 mg of sodium. Seriously, you gotta try it
  • Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing in moderation
    Annie's Naturals Gingerly Viniagrette
  • Wishbone Deluxe French is yummy as are Kraft Light Raspberry Vinagarette and Kraft Light Italian
  • I love Newman's Lighten Up Seasame Ginger dressing. Its really good and only 35 calories/serving
  • I have always hated the creamy white type of dressings-so no blue cheese, ranch, sour cream, or any white dressings for me.

My favorites have always been the red, spicy dressings-I grew up loving Kraft Catalina dressing, and Western brand dressing...so now I use the light versions of both-the LIGHT version, NOT the fat free. The 1 or 2 grams of fat really make the flavor much better, and your body actually needs some fat to process some of the nutrients in the greens.
  • nothing quite beats oil, vinegar and salt for me