September Triathlon Challenge

• Hi Everyone,

I want to challenge myself to exercise more this month, so I have set a goal for myself to run/walk 26 miles, bike 100 miles and swim 1 mile. I know this isn't quite Ironman numbers but it's a goal I feel I can attain (I am a terrible swimmer). Is anyone interested in joining me? If you are, please post your miles every couple of days. Here is my mileage count from September 1st.

Hope you join me and good luck to everyone!

Bike - 15.64 miles
    walk - 2.3 miles
    swim - 0

I plan on a 12 mile bike ride tonight.
  • One more thing, feel free to adjust the Triathlon goal to suit your time and or fitness level. You could do an Ironman, Olympic or Sprint distance triathlon or set your own mileage goals for the month.
  • Please Join Me
    I'm a little bummed I haven't had any takers on the September Triathlon Challenge. Feel free to jump in with any swim/bike/run combo goal, there is still plenty of September left. Here is my updated totals

Swim - 0
    Bike - 26.25 miles
    Walk/Run 7.18 miles

My goal is to get a couple good runs and a long bike ride in before the weekend.
  • Oh, this is a challenge that I want to try (or tri ) . My brother just completed teh ironman in Wisconsin last week (in just under 14 hours), and I'm so inspired that I am thinking of doing my 1st tri in June (a sprint distance).

Anyway, I'll play!!!

For this month for me so far:

Swim 0/ 1800 yards (I think that's a mile)
    Bike 5/100 miles
    Run-walk 7/26 miles
  • Gigi,

Thanks for joining, I had figured that I was on my own this month.

I have done a few sprint distance tris. Next summer I will sign up for another and hope to post major improvements on my times. Swimming is my worst event.

Here are my distances to date:

Swim - 0
    Bike - 33 miles
    Walk/Run 13.57 miles

Need to get in the pool!
  • Quote: For this month for me so far:

Swim 0/ 1800 yards (I think that's a mile)
    Bike 5/100 miles
    Run-walk 7/26 miles
    Swim 0/ 1800 yards )
    Bike 8/100 miles
    Run-walk 10/26 miles

tomorrow I take my 1st ever spin class. I hope the spin bikes track mileage, so I can record it here!!!
  • Swim 0/ 1800 yards
    Bike 23/100 miles
    Run-walk 10/26 miles
  • Here are my updated numbers. I still haven't made it to the pool, although I still plan to get in the pool at least twice before the month ends.

Bike - 37.14 miles
    walk - 19.77 miles
    swim - 0
  • Swim 0/ 1800 yards
    Bike 23/100 miles
    Run-walk 13/26 miles

you and me both on the pool!!! I think I could easily swim a mile in 1-2 days... but teh month is coming to a close.
  • I just saw this challenge...what a great idea! I'm too close to the end of the month, but I definitely want to participate next month. I'm just starting back to exercising after taking a few weeks off. I've done sprint distance triathalons in the past, and used to swim with my local masters swim team.
  • October Triathlon
    I am up for another triathlon challenge in October. Anyone else out there that wants to join us?
  • Swim 0/ 1800 yards
    Bike 23/100 miles
    Run-walk 15/26 miles
  • Had this been last year I would have been in! My husband and I were both training a lot and I did a couple sprint triathlons. DH is actually signed up for a half ironman in spring but I'm waiting until I lose weight. I have trouble with one of my hips and I don't want to run with any more weight on me than I have to.

Good luck to everyone doing the challenge though!
  • New Challenge
    Anyone that wants to be in on the October Tri Challenge, I will start a new thread under Chicks up for a Challenge called October Triathlon Challenge. Look for it next week.

Here is my updated mileage:

Bike - 54.64 miles
    walk/run - 29.12 miles
    swim - 0