I need a low point dinner suggestion....anyone?

• Hey guys, I went out to breakfast with DH this morning and had a 14 point breakfast! I thought I made some pretty good choices. I really wanted pancakes, so I ordered a small stack (2 pancakes) of whole grain pancakes, used one tsp butter and 2 tbls maple syrup, 2 soy sausage patties and a cup of coffee with 2 tbls half and half. I had a really hard time figuring the points for the pancakes, but counted them as 7 I think.
    Anyway had a small lunch and snack and am now left with 4.5 points for dinner. Any suggestions? I really want some cherries for dessert, so actually a 3.5 point dinner? Impossible? Well suggestions welcome!
    Amy~
  • Huge salad, maybe with 1/2 cup chickpeas or some type of bean for protein (or small piece of chicken if you have any). 2 T. of Newman's Own Light dressing (your choice), drizzle with vinegar or lemon juice if you like it with more dressing.

Or... Boca Burgers are one point. Maybe with a lo cal/high fiber wrap?

Good luck!
  • i'm too late for dinner but i had this huge 5.5 point dinner the other night but you could make it less

zuchinni onion peppers in the pan with a can of Rotel tomatoes add garlic as desired. added 1/2 cup of low fat ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of black beans. made a huge plate of food and was spicy creamy good... o forgot the 2 tsp parmesan.

so get rid of the beans for 1 point and the parmesan for 1 point and have veggies and ricotta for 3.5 points.

oy I may have it for dinner tonite now!
  • Nessa, I will have to try that one for sure, sounds yummy. I am not real big on salads, I tend to be drawn more to warm foods, supposed to mean something in tradition chinese medicine, but cant remember what it means?? Anyway dont know how i got off on that rabbit trail hehehe
  • I know that I am late too, but the other night I was hungry, didn't feel like cooking and didn't have many points so I had a boca burger, light bun, a cup of raw carrots and tostillo chips for a grand total of 4 points! mmmm
  • Crazy as it sounds, if you have the money, a chic-fil-a grilled chicken salad without the sunflower seeds or croutons is only 3.5 points. I love that salad and it tastes great
  • Soup and a sandwish works for me if I'm low on points. Either veggie soup or you could have a Progresso soup and a 98% FF turkey on Sara Lee 45 pt. ww bread (1 point for 2 slices). Could be just a 2 point meal depending on what soup you choose.