CC Halloween Challenge!

You're on Page 5 of 23
Go to
  • Wow, i like this idea. i am new here so of course i have not joined in any chalenges before but i would like to join in on this one if no one minds.....

I would like to set my goals at loosing 15 pounds and exscersising at least 4 times a week.

I think these are very attainable goals for myself, and i really like the idea of working towards something.

Good Luck everyone!!
  • Hi everyone. Just doing a fly by. I hope that everyone is having a good, on track day.
  • Hi, ho, another run through. Really busy today. Might not even get in my exercise!

Welcome to all the new challengers. Calorie counting is great and a little bit of accountability never hurt anyone.
  • Beverly, WTG staying OP. Thanks for the quote..I like that!

Chele, glad to hear that things are going well this week.

Jen, lasagna...mmm...have some for me, will ya? I've been craving that lately.

Djmommy and dlphnmomva, welcome to the challenge, and good luck with your goals!

Rain and Isabella,

Running errands with the boy today...I'd better pack a lunch to take with us. Mostly boring errands, but our fun thing for the day is to stop by the Halloween store to look around. They're overpriced, but it's always fun to window shop there. Skating tonight. Right now my back is sore from yesterday's lifting workout, but I put some rubbing alcohol on the parts I could reach, so it's starting to improve. Hopefully I'll be fully mobile in time for skating!
  • Hey everyone! Glad to see that everyone is doing well!!

I am staying on track, eating the right amount of calories and working hard. I added another part to my goal. I want to start getting up earlier in the morning and working out. Which I have done all this week.

Good luck everyone, keep up the good work!!
  • Hi all!

Man you guys are rockin' it!

Keep up the good work!
  • I went to the gym after school today and was able to do 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on a bike. The elliptical kicked my butt!!! I was sweating so bad...haha. Although my legs hurt a bit and I'm kind of exhausted, I feel a lot better about my day!
  • Hi everyone, did well my first day. Recorded everything just need to find my calorie counter so I can see if I did well. I think I did until dinner. I made a homemade pasta with red sauce and shrimp... Not sure how many cals, I had about 1 1/2 cups but I made a tomato bruchtta so I had 2 pieces of Italian bread...One was small though... I di have an awesome workout. Weights with heavy cardio....I burned some major calories. I just need to continue to stop in here o stay motivated....

Question what kind of scales do you use for measuring your food????
  • Hi challenge chicks!

Yesterday I stayed in my calorie range - I am grateful. This is a big family reunion weekend. Today we are going to breakfast at First Watch (that meal will be fine) and tonight at an Italian restaurant calle Boca De Bepo. That will be challenging because I won't have control over what is ordered. It's where the meal is served family style. But, I will do the best I can. There will be 24 people there and some cousins I have seen in 30 years. I am excited. I'll try and concentrate on family not food.

Good job to all of you managing to stay with your plans. If you had a slip - must hop back on to your plan.

DJmommy - I use a food scale I got at the grocery store.

Quote of the day:

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - author unknown
  • Hey guys, sounds like you all are doing great! I haven't had time to plan my meals today, have to run out the door for a soccer game in a few mins. I bombed last night though, had a very stressful day at work, came home and had a couple glasses of wine and all sense of calories flew out the window. But, one day, one meal at a time. Will do better today, I promise myself this!
  • Just weighed in and no change on the scales from last week...sigh...
  • Finally checking in. I've been on track all week, but my weight was creeping up anyway. Finally dropped to a new all time low today, so I am happy!
  • As crazy as it sounds, I use my left ankle as a sign as to when might be a good time to weigh myself. I had cellulitis a few years ago, and lucky me has a lot of scar tissue in my left foot to remind me of this fact. When my ankle looks "skinny", that's usually when I weigh myself because otherwise, the ankle and foot are always swollen and heavy.

This morning was an especially "skinny foot" day. Yesterday morning, I weighed in and was stuck at 222.6. This morning though, with the skinnier ankle, I was 221.4!!! I am so excited because I am so close to a total of 30 pounds lost and it will be nice to be out of the 220's

I actually weighed myself again when I got home from the gym and right before getting in the shower, just because I was curious, and it actually showed me at 220.2...haha. I'm sticking with the 221.4 weight as of right now, but that was nice to see!!!
  • 1/5 of the way there, yay!

I've been trucking along with the exercise. Ramping up my cardio for that weight loss contest I'm in has made such a big difference in my weight loss and energy.

On a side note, I've been confused lately about my goal weight. I guess most people know when they get there, just *know*, so I guess that's where I'm headed.

I'm happy to be getting to the point where I can concentrate less on the numbers and more on my physique. When I was morbidly obese, that was my first concern, getting rid of that label and all of the scary health risks.

My trainer suggested doing a figure or BB competition as my goal. I think that's a fabulously fun and shocking idea. I love keeping my friends and family on their toes guessing what I'll do next. What better way than announcing to the world I'm back and better than ever? Gawd, I can be such an attention whore. Oh well, whatever keeps us going, eh?
  • Woohoo down 4 lbs this week!! I am super excited to see some results for all of my hard work!!

Today is my day off so no exercise today but staying within my calorie limit!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Angel