300+ Sassy September Exercise Thread

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to

• to the September exercise thread! We're making exercise a habit, giving ourselves some accountability, and getting healthier in the process!

In this thread, we track the number of MINUTES we exercise for the month -- whether it's walking or swimming or sweaty housework! Most of us set goals for ourselves (I personally will not exercise much without a goal). If you are a goal-setter, early in the month set your own goal! If you're just getting started, feel free to start with a smaller number of minutes (I did!), maybe just a few hundred. It seems easier for many of us to build on the habit rather than meet a very high goal right away. However, you can also just jump right in without a goal, and you can join us anytime in the month!
  • I have slacked on exercise so BAD!! SO for the month I am shooting for only 400 min.
    today 20 min on minitrampoline
    personal 20/400
    group total 20 min
  • 1.2 mile walk...~ 25 minutes

25 + 20 = 45 new group total
  • ok my goal is going to be 500 minutes. Being that I am going back to the gym..this outta be doable!
  • I'm just starting out with exercise after years of being a couch potato. Today I walked 10 minutes on the treadmill.
  • As last month, I'm not setting a goal. The plan is 2 days of 60 mins walking (treadmill or outside) and 3 days of lifting (~60 mins, but the stage I'm in at the moment is short, but hard). I did 1310 mins last month.

So, today I did 40 mins strength training.

Group total: 45 + 40 + 10 = 95 mins (added in IrishCoda's mins)
  • I am back to this website, down 9lbs and exercising AGAIN! I am shooting for over 400 minutes of excerise this month.
  • Hi Guys,

Once again I am going to shoot for 2000 minutes. I missed my August goal of 2000 minutes by 45 minutes! UGH! I will try harder this month. I post my exercise each Sunday and will continue to do that.

Blessings,
    Annie
  • I walked 30 min outside today.
    personal 50/400
    group total 95+30=125
  • Well, I'm just starting to excercise after a sedintary lifestyle, so I am shoot for 400 minutes this month.

Today I did 20 minutes of deep scrubbing the bathroom!

So group total - 125 + 20 = 145
  • I'm like Texscrapper, mostly sedentary and starting to get active. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill.

Group total: 145 + 15 = 160
  • 1.6 mile walk... 30 minutes

my total minutes = 55 minutes
    my total miles walked = 2.8 miles

30 (mine) + 160 (group) = 190 new group total
  • 35 mins strength training (3 more times and then on to something new!)

Group total: 190 + 35 = 225
  • Oh, I've got to add my minutes in! 200 so far!

Group total ~ 225 + 200 = 425
  • 15 minutes cardio + 10 minutes weights = 25 minutes

Group total 425 + 25 = 450

45/400 exercise minutes for Sept!