Seein Myself Naked is SCARY - Halloween Challenge

You're on Page 15 of 31
Go to
  • hey team ! how's it going?

I did NOT binge yesterday and I am quite excited about that! I also didn't work out but that's another story.

At present I am having an internal debate about going to church... I moved recently so I don't know anyone here and I have strange social phobias regarding churches (okay, regarding most things!) and am really nervous to go.
  • I did really well yesterday with food and exercise... I also have done well so far today. I'm down a pound from yesterday. Hopefully, that signals a continued downward spiral with the scale.

Good job, iriswhispers. I think not binging is much bigger than not working out.
  • nevermind ... mind my own business! lol
  • Thanks Blue Serenity!
    I feel so bare with no sig, lol.
  • Hey team BAT! Sorry to have been AWOL--just been so busy after several days in Vegas followed with a long visit from my bro and sil--they are going to be here until Wednesday. Very busy with sightseeing, on the go AM to PM every day last several days.

Will have time to post more later this week. I'm not starting off very disciplined but will re-dedicate myself to the goal and the challenges very soon!!!

We can do it!!!! We ALL can do this!!!
  • Go Team Witch

I just saw my team assignment this morning. I'm a witch!!! I have done several plays in our local theater group and I have been cast as a witch on 3 different occasions, so to be on Team Witch is very fitting! Hope I'm not getting type cast or maybe I just play the part too well?

My first weigh in day will be on Friday the 12th of September, hopefully for a big loss for the team. I went out to lunch yesterday and had a big ol' burger, it was awesome but now it's time to get back on program. I'm going for a 6 mile walk this afternoon with lots of hills.

Let's go witches!
  • Hi team spider. I'm really enjoying the extra accountability of this challenge. My weigh in day is tomorrow, but so far I'm showing a 1.5 lb loss this week. Hopefully nothing drastic changes (at least in an upward cycle). I'll pm my wi tomorrow.
  • UFi- 7 miles is awesome! I dont have that much energy, Im working on making it past 2 miles, lol.
  • Hot Thread
    Lisa43 --> I'm glad to have a fellow team witch person weighing in with me on Fridays...I didn't want to be the only one...LOL!!! Say how did those naked jumping jacks go LOL! I would just die...I don't think I could do it...or I could probably do it, but I don't think I could watch it!! ha ha!

Heather --> This is very very motivating! I think this will be just what you and I both needed.....now whenever I don't feel like exercising I will have to think of letting the team down at weigh in times....and whenever you want to eat pizza, mozz. cheese sticks, or 2 plates of spaghetti you can do the same thing and remember your weigh in days!!!

We will all take it one day at a time...one week at a time!

And we will all do it!

Eny ~ This is THE BEST challenge I think I have ever been in. I haven't been in a ton or anything by any means. But I'm starting to see a renewed since of hope in everyone's comments! It think everyone is really motivated. I'm glad you could do that for us!

Tamara ~ You just keep on truckin'! You are always doing so well! I wanna be just like that!!!

modcat - hope you had fun at Las Vegas!!

Do you guys realize that we are only in Day 7 of the challenge and already over 200 posts! This thread is HOT!!!
  • ENYGIRL... awesome Bummer I just missed the team deadline but oh well!
    Okay so as of this morning I'm 177 lbs. and my goal will be 15 lbs by Oct 31st.
    Thanks for letting me join!
    Hope you all are doing great!
  • Welcome jillnicole03! You'll have a lot of fun and get a ton of motivation and support, team or no team!

iriswhispers, congrats on not binging. Don’t worry about not working out too much. Sometimes trying to change too much at once can be overwhelming. Baby steps will still get you there!

Heather, I’m with you; seven miles is fantastic. And, Lisa, your 6 miles is awesome too! I’m usually pretty proud of myself when I can do 3.5! On the other hand, I started only able to do a little more than 1, so I’m pretty happy. Onward and upward!

I am having an issue with my shoes. I think I must walk funny because the two middle toes on my left foot become painfully numb before the end of my walk (and it’s usually the reason I stop). I thought it was my new shoes, but it also happens when I wear my old ones now. I think I’m going to either go up a size or try a wide width. I’m going to go to a sporting goods store to get them so I can have someone who knows what they’re talking about help me. Does anyone have any recommendations for running/walking shoes?

TEAM SKELETON
  • Quote: Welcome jillnicole03! You'll have a lot of fun and get a ton of motivation and support, team or no team!

iriswhispers, congrats on not binging. Don’t worry about not working out too much. Sometimes trying to change too much at once can be overwhelming. Baby steps will still get you there!

Heather, I’m with you; seven miles is fantastic. And, Lisa, your 6 miles is awesome too! I’m usually pretty proud of myself when I can do 3.5! On the other hand, I started only able to do a little more than 1, so I’m pretty happy. Onward and upward!

I am having an issue with my shoes. I think I must walk funny because the two middle toes on my left foot become painfully numb before the end of my walk (and it’s usually the reason I stop). I thought it was my new shoes, but it also happens when I wear my old ones now. I think I’m going to either go up a size or try a wide width. I’m going to go to a sporting goods store to get them so I can have someone who knows what they’re talking about help me. Does anyone have any recommendations for running/walking shoes?

TEAM SKELETON
    If you seriously want to get a good pair of shoes that will help your back/legs/feet not hurt while you exercise or any other time you are wearing them....find a shoe store that does custom orthepedic shoes and stuff like that....they can get you a custom shoe based on how you pronate and stuff like that...they are expensive but well worth it. My Brother in law just got a pair.....every time he walked he said his shins hurt him. Now he says he loves walking and jogging cause there is no pain! I definately want a pair!!!

• Let's go WITCHES!!!
  • I just love the enthusiasm in this thread! Everyone is so excited and ready to go! Awesome! (We need a dancing pumpkin or something.)

Oh skeletons ... won't you come out to play??? Stop hiding in the closet!!! (j/k lol)

Hey thatgirl1024, halfbakedtulip, mrsaugie, jo7475, rmc9142, jadeybaby ... we can do it! C'mon girls let's have some fun!

Go SKELETONS!!!
  • Blue Serenity ~ Ask and you shall recieve!!! LOL! It's a bit big though don't you think.....but it is BIG like our enthusiasm