Favorite Exercise?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Mine is running. And I also love the elyptical machine at the gym. What's yours?
  • Walking with Music
  • Turbo Jam!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
  • swimming laps, treadmill and stationery bike
  • strength training - lifting weights, especially the heavier lifts, even push-ups (I know, crazy)
  • me too! I love elliptical more than the treadmill though.. I've started Callanetics too and I LOOOVE that as well..
    as a hobby though I love tennis.. I haven't played it in so long though..
  • Squat and lunges.

Lunges because I can always feel them in my butt and I want a great looking butt. Squats (free standing with the olympic bar) becuase I never ever ever thought I'd be able to do them that way and I love being able to. And I love seeing guys in the free weights area watch me walk up to the oly bar and then widen their eyes as they realise the *chick* is doing squats.

On the cardio end of it, I love the elliptical. I think it's the most flexible of all the machines and I get the best workout on it.

• I think kettlebells right now are my favorite exercise. Its cardio and weights mixed into one exercise and its fun. You basically do lots and lots of squats.
  • Wogging! Which is Walking & Jogging on the TM or HIIT. I like strength training too! Ogling at the good looking guys with muscles too...wait, that's not actually an exercise is it?
  • Running/speed walking on the treadmill or outside and weight training, esp. uppder body work like tricep kickbacks and the like.
  • Has anyone done Les Mill's bodypump classes? I am absolutely OBSESSED with it...it's awesome muscle toning/endurance training. I started a few months ago, and my legs are solid muscle (beneath a couple inches of padding, of course ). Now all I need to do is step up my cardio to burn that fat off, and I will be lookin' good!
  • My bike, love it. Strength training - love that too, particularly lower body workouts. ETA- And boxing! How could I forget beating up a bag?! It's my new fav.
  • Swimming laps and the elliptical machine
  • I love dancing! In my room, in a nightclub, with my housemates, doing a dance DVD...I just love it!

I also love lifting weights now.

I've always loved swimming but I'm to embarrassed to wear a bathing suit yet so that one will have to wait a bit.
  • Exercise that I can do outdoors--mainly running or swimming because I don't own a bike. Running is the best because I can combine being outdoors with listening to music on my iPod (I know you can get waterproof cases for your iPod, but swimming requires me to count, which requires all my concentration, so listening to music is out).

I am thinking about buying a hula hoop and doing a combo hula hoop/jump rope workout on the patio. I think that would be totally fun, but I haven't tried it yet.

In terms of strength training, my too favorite exercises are pullovers (I like to think of them as "cardigans"--hee hee, my own little strength training joke ) and straight leg dead lifts. Both are relatively easy for me, and I am remarkably lazy, so of course I like the easy exercises. (I keep trying to appreciate the exercises that are hard because I know if they are hard, they are working, but I just can seem to get there.) I especially like pullovers because they stretch out my abs in a way that feels really good.