Going away for the weekend...nervous

• Hello everyone, I have not posted a whole lot here. I did however post an intro on the flex plan board if anyone is interested.
    I have been following ww for just about two weeks now, and am down almost 9 pounds. I am fitting into my size 12's now, although a bit snug, and have about 15-20 pounds or so to go.
    On a whim I booked a weekend at a lodge in the area for Dh and I. All meals will be provided. I am so nervous about over-eating while away and could really use some helpful tips.
    We are bringing a cooler with fresh fruit, lots of bottled water , 100 calorie cookies, and luna bars.
    I plan on eating a small amount of everything versus more of less appetizing foods, ya know just kinda little tastes of everything. I have all my points in the bank still for the week with the exception of 1.
    Any tips?
    Thanks
    Amy
  • You know what's funny, when I first joined weight watchers it was just before all the holidays (halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas) and I was so afraid I'd overdo it. But you know what I found? Since I had started to train myself portion control, I didn't stuff my face and I didn't have to overthink it. I think you'll find that now that you are training your brain how to eat properly, you will do much better than you anticipate. Good luck, and HAVE FUN!
  • I agree with Carinna! Portion control is key. Also, you may have a choice between a few meals when you sit down to eat. Try to chose the healthiest one listed. Bringing snacks is a good idea, but you may want to re-think those 100 cal packs and luna bars if you are worried about what the meals might be like. The fruit is a great idea though! Personally, I would add something like baby carrots, some PB (they make individual packs now), and maybe some cheese.
  • Well it went pretty well. I overate a bit the last night there, the banana pudding was AMAZING, and felt uncomfortable. But I kept up with my water, ate cherries when I was hungry between meals, and allowed myself 5 peanut m and m's the whole time (there was always a bowl out in the main living area of the inn) Also I ate only half of what was on my plate. Meals were served family style. The food was really salty but the water helped.
    I actually maintained my weight loss, so I am pumped. Friday is my weigh in day so I didnt really expect to see a loss this morning.
    I think I am finally getting it!