Question of the Day 4/5/02

• What is your favorite thing to do in the spring that you can't do all winter long?
  • Garden!! I can't wait!!!!
  • I can't wait to do a few things when spring comes:

#1 put the soft top on the Jeep
    #2 Open all the windows to air out the house (and clean!!!)
    #3 Go for a bike ride
    #4 watch for the tulips to poke through!
  • Oooh, walk outdoors... WAY too cold here in winter for that.... Take the baby to the park and play like a kid.... go up into the mountains, into the canyon, and watch the waterfalls... jump rope... ceilings are too low to do it indoors, have to go outside... open up the house and let it breeeeeathe :-)
  • Go out on the boat which unfortunately I have to do every month all year long but I so look forward to doing it during the spring and fall months
  • Gardening!
    I like to plant flowers, it makes such a big difference in how your home looks and it gives you a feeling of accomplishment.
  • Play outside with the kids!!
  • I get to put the pumps back in my water garden and get my waterfall going. Boy have my fish grown this winter. I also get to plant flowers and plant garden and swing in the swing. I can watch the rabbits, groundhogs and possums that pass through the backyard. And I get to listen to the beautiful songs of the birds.

I'm glad you asked this question. Boy, I love spring and the great outdoors. I do my cleaning in the winter, cause in the spring I'm going outside.

Carol
  • No brainer!

1. GARDEN
    2. Walk with my kids (I can handle the cold but they can't)
    3. Beach walking (after the sun has set and the crowds go home)
    4. Hiking the small mountains in my areas (paths aren't accessible in winter)
    5. Opening my windows for fresh air (gotta remember to refill allergy meds ).
    6. Hanging laundry outside more often than using dryer (love that fresh air smell -- especially on sheets!)
    7. BBQing with friends and family
    8. Water gun battles with kids and DH
    9. Swimming! (no indoor pool arounds here)
    10. Summer night walks to Friendlies for small ice cream cone once every two weeks with family (assuming kids have earned that treat by behaving)
    11. Yardsales & outdoor flea markets
    12. Kicking the kids outdoors when they get cranky to "get some air and sunshine" (and save myself a headache!).

• ...gulping great, huge lungs-ful of sweet smelling **~~AIR~~**!!! :sheep: