Camping with Jillian?

• We're going camping soon for a few days and I've just started on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. So far, I'm doing it every day. I will not be able to watch a DVD while camping. What would you do in this situation? I will be somewhat active hiking, biking, swimming, etc. while camping, but I won't be shredding it! Any exercise is likely to be slowed down by the little ones and, of course, not targeted to cover various muscle groups. But, the little ones do mean that I'll be at the campsite for a couple of hours every afternoon for naps. Here are some thoughts I had:

A. Write down the routines and just do them with a timer/clock at the campsite, maybe with modifications.

B. Just skip it and make a point to be extra active.

C. Do some modified exercises as time allows - a few minutes of jumping jacks, etc.
  • I would just skip it. I have that dvd as well. Once in a while, I would give it a rest and then revisit a couple days later just to give those particular muscles a rest. Besides, sounds like you will be really busy with hiking, swimming, and biking! Have fun -- I am jealous.
  • I would probably just skip it and enjoy myself as well. You'll be working your muscles through the other activites...which are all exercise. don't burn yourself out trying to do it it every single day...take the vacation and get it in other forms. of course, during their naps you can walk around, jog around trees, jumping jacks and other moves, etc. I just wouldn't worry with lugging weights on a camping trip
  • I agree, skip it.
    But if you feel inclined, do some lunges, squats, pushups, etc... in your free time.

Have a fun trip
  • B and C

Have fun!!!!
  • B and C?
  • she probably meant choices B and C from your original post I like those two too!
  • Doh! I feel silly. I'd forgotten that I labeled my choices as such. It's late here...
  • I just picked up a copy of 30-day shred and I watched it today for an over-view. I think it is great. I like the music...I like her tone...direct and to the point. I don't know if I am ready for it now...I am so out of shape...but I think it is an excellent dvd...and I plan on starting it as soon as I get a few consistant weeks in at the gym.

I think the out doors will give you lots of calorie burning opportunities...but I would jump right back on this when you get back..I think it can really whip someone in shape.
  • Alright, so I know that you already went camping and are back (hope you had a blast! I love camping!) But I just have to mention the -Laugh Out Loud- moment I had when I saw this thread.

So I'm surfing 3FC and I spot this thread called "Camping with Jillian".
    My immediate reaction was I thought she had come out with some kind of crazy Field Nutrition/Wildlife Survival guide.
    I stared in disbelief and thought; "...My god! This woman is BATMAN!"

Needless to say I had a good laugh to myself when I realized That you were camping, not Jillian.

Sorry, just thought I'd share.
  • lmfao! I thought the same thing, Lake!
  • That's funny, LakeEffectKid. It'd kinda be like the Richard Simmons cruises!