Allergic to soy ... Medifast have soy-alternative?

• Hello I'm new here. I really want to try Medifast. I think it's exactly the type of program that I need right now. However, I notice most of the foods have soy or are soy-based. Sadly, I am allergic to soy, which has eliminated my possibilities of using various other meal delivery diets. I read somewhere while googling that there may be a whey protein alternative with Medifast, but it was a random post somewhere. I can't seem to find official information on this. And when I went to the Medifast site to order, there were no alternatives offered for soy allergies.

Do you know if one can go on Medifast without using the soy products?

Thank you!
  • Medifast is soy-based, so if you are allergic, it is not the program for you.

MissyGith is using a Medifast alternative that is whey-based, I believe. I can't recall the name of her program, but it is very similar to Medifast (and cheaper!). If you look through her old posts, I'm sure you will be able to find the name of her program.

Good luck!
  • Thank you! I'll go dig up her old posts.
  • Wonderslim!
  • Thank you! I looked them up and contacted them about the whey protein and indeed they have a line that uses whey. Yeh!!
  • The only thing to be aware of is that they use aspartame in their products. If aspartame doesn't bother you, it sounds like a way to go. It looks like they have vitamins in all their products as well. However, I am not allergic to soy but I do get reactions from aspartame.

Good luck!
  • Are there any that don't have soy or aspartame?
  • Here's the allergen list - soy is towards the bottom.
    http://www.medifastmedia.com/shared/...nformation.pdf

They use a variety of sweeteners - I don't think there's a list for that. You'd probably have to check the ingredients for each item.
  • How do you know if you are allergic to soy? Is it dramatic or develop over time?