How much water do you drink in a day?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I drink probably about 4 liters a day. I feel dehydrated if I don't have water to sip on all day. How about you?
  • I have at least 64 ounces of water a day. It was really hard at first because I hate water, but i figure it must be doing something good I have lost over 50lbs!!
  • I drink about 192 ounces daily. Sorry, I don't know what that converts to in liters! hee hee
  • 64-100 oz. per day, depending upon the days scheduled activities.
  • Quote: I drink about 192 ounces daily. Sorry, I don't know what that converts to in liters! hee hee

Funny! I was going by the size of my bottle of water that I keep with me at my desk. I was thinking "Hmmmm, I don't really know how to convert these to ounces..."
  • I pretty much only drink water. I drink lots of water every day!
  • I'm jealous! That is one of my biggest problems - drinking ANYTHING, not just water. I'm not one of those people who always have a drink at hand... Sometime's it's 2 in the afternoon and I realize I haven't drank anything today.. I really need to work on that. I actually started today, I drank 3 bottles of water, not enough, however I was still happy. Haha.
  • Quote: I'm jealous! That is one of my biggest problems - drinking ANYTHING, not just water. I'm not one of those people who always have a drink at hand... Sometime's it's 2 in the afternoon and I realize I haven't drank anything today.. I really need to work on that. I actually started today, I drank 3 bottles of water, not enough, however I was still happy. Haha.
    Good for you! Ya gotta start somewhere!
  • unfortunately at my new job we are not allowed to have water bottles or cups, I guess because of the danger of spilling and or contamination (I work in a deli) so my water consumption has dropped considerably
  • At least 64 oz but sometimes don't get half that and sometimes I drink lots more. But I absolutely HATE water! I don't know why but I do. And to add flavor to it I think makes it worse, for me anyway. I drink it though because I know I need it.
  • Quote: I'm jealous! That is one of my biggest problems - drinking ANYTHING, not just water. I'm not one of those people who always have a drink at hand... Sometime's it's 2 in the afternoon and I realize I haven't drank anything today.. I really need to work on that. I actually started today, I drank 3 bottles of water, not enough, however I was still happy. Haha.
    I used to be the same way, until I joined WW for the first time. Then I got so used to it that it became an essential part of my day. Even when I've fallen off the wagon, I still drink more than my daily requirement of water.
  • I always THINK I'm drinking enough. I drink throughout the day, sometimes flavored sparkling water, sometimes iced tea. I always have a glass at hand. But at the end of the day, it's between six and eight 8-oz glasses.

I've read so many conflicting things about water. Some people say 8 8-oz glasses and another 8 oz for every 25 pounds you're overweight. Some people say, oh, forget it, especially if you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables (which I don't) or other water-based foods; just drink when you're thirsty. I'll stick to WW's six glass guideline, but try for eight.
  • http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148216

Hope that helps out a bit.

• I drink 128 ounces per day almost everyday. I have kidney issues if I slack off on the water. For me I have found drinking more speeds my weightloss.
  • Quote: I drink about 192 ounces daily. Sorry, I don't know what that converts to in liters! hee hee
    Are you sure??? 100 ounces = 3 litres. 192 ounces would mean you drink almost 6 liters of water a day. That is way too much.

To answer the original question, I drink 3 litres on average. I try to get 3.5 litres into myself on the days when I run (because I sweat terribly) but I really have to work on it. Even the 3 litres seems a lot to me.