12lb lost, now struggling a bit

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • This thread is very inspiring. My scale is showing a 3-6 lb increase over the last 2 days, and it is very upsetting. I'm buckiling down and tracking my food today, hoping to get those 6 lbs away before they settle in for good!!!
  • Thanks, Pandora and Synger!

Yes, the pounds before the 12 that started on 7/31 are from my heaviest ever in October 2002.
    I started dieting then, by October 2004 had lost 106lbs, I was just 16lbs off target when I lost the plot - for nearly 4 years? Oy! - and finally restarted on 7/31. Because I never made it down to target, I kind of still think of it as the same l-o-n-g phase I began way back in '02.

Absolutely, I know 4lbs a week is unsustainable - although I could cope with plateaux better than with gains - but my one ongoing goal that is different this time is to record the gains and try and see where they come from. My life, over half a century now, has been a battle with my body and with food. I want to reach a mutual understanding.

I've been formally dieting since I was 17 (36 years ago).
    As an infant, I wouldn't eat and my mother spent hours trying to find something that I would eat.
    As a toddler I was chubby and, from whenever conscious thought began, always felt I was a bit of an embarrassment.

Sure I can see the psych stuff of where it all came from but I'm a big girl now (and how!) and I need to deal with this like a grown up.

hm. all I Meant to say was 'thankyou for the support'!

Thankyou for the support!
  • Congratulations on your 37 pound loss,this is not the time to give up.
  • Thanks! I've been really hungry tonight but I got all the dogs snuggled up on the settee with me, and I was too cosy to move! Now it's bed time, and all I've got in is raw or frozen food, so I think I'll make it to bed safely!

Tell me, how does 121 feel? That was my original target, back in '02 - '04.
  • Feels wonderful,you can do it ,too! My original goal was 128 but after I got there I decided to see if I could lose a little more.
  • Well, I was right, must have been the meds mixup. Anyway, back up 1.2lbs today, which is a physical impossibility on what I ate yesterday!
    Still, it's a good, healthy diet. I'd been hoping for 8lbs a month average, and even with the blips I've done 11, so in a good place for next month.
  • woohoo! Now I really Have lost 12lbs, and taking my meds properly!

I know it's a big ask of my body after having already lost 12 but I'd love to lose another 2lbs by September 2nd - big job interview, and I met one of the panel last month, it would so boost my confidence if I could be a stone lighter before I see him again!