Hello from the Windy City!

• Hi everyone ,

I just found this site and joined yesterday. I'm looking for a place to go and get support when I need it. I'm 46 and starting off at 225 lbs. A few years ago I weighed 265. I lost 70 lbs, but put back 30 of them. I need to take off the 30 again then take off another 50!

I'm going to try this in 25 lb increments. I'm a stress-eater and I know I gained back the weight by going back to my old eating habits and not going for my daily walk. I'm going to work on this one day at a time.

I also would like to know how I can add one of those goal trackers to my message. I need all the inspiration I can get.

I look forward to making many new friends!
    - Windy City G

• Hi there!

Congratulations on the weight you've taken off so far. Wonderful!

One day, one moment at a time is all we really have, isn't it? You can do this!!!

The weight trackers become available after 20 days & 20 posts. See here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145563

Best of success!!!
  • ! I think breaking up your goal into 25 lb. increments is a fantastic idea. Sometimes having a huge number hanging over your head can be very discouraging and the pressure gets too much. Best of luck to you in your journey and I hope to see you around the boards here.
  • Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I guess I need to wait about two weeks before I can add the tracker. That's ok because I will be able to start it out on the downslide!
  • glad your here.
  • Welcome!
  • Hey WindyCityG!

I am also from Chitown, I joined a few days ago but I haven't done much posting. I lost 150 lbs and have gained all of it back but I am not giving up. What part of town are you from?
  • I know the bakery!! I am in the pullman area...Near the Bishop Ford. I hope we go all the way both teams. It would be cool to see. I just started too I am struggling but refuse to give up. I can't post privately yet but my son is a Cubs Fan and I am a Sox Fan.
  • Hi fellow newbie
    I m must have missed you before. Welcome and you are in the right place. There are alot of forums but the one I like the most so far is the 40somethings cause it has folks our age. I am 46 too and we started about the same weight and have the same long term go. Look foward to see you around!

Karen
  • Welcome from one newbie to the other,
    I am very excited bout this community and I think you will be too. I have been greeted very warmly by everyone. I am looking forward to getting my tracker too. Just think of how much we can loose in the 20 days we have to wait, well it's now 17 days for me I think. Hope to see ya around the boards sometime. I plan to visit the Weight Watchers Flex today myself. Have you decided on an eating program yet?

Christina