Carmen Electrca's pole dancing exercise video?

• Anyone ever try it? A friend of mine said she loved it. Just wanted to see what you all thought.
  • My friend has it and one day when I slept over she did like 20 minutes of it too show me, I thought it looked cool but I havn't actually tried it myself. You can probably get a good deal at ebay or amazon for a used one! Good luck!
  • I tried one of them....(the lap dancing one I think?) with a roommate. We both just felt silly doing it though....and it didn't feel like much of a workout to me.
  • in the whole series, the only one that felt like a good sweat was #2; she's with a trainer, not really doing the strip tease. That one was hard, but good. the others i didn't like at all. maybe she's no good, I don't know. but i felt silly too, and not out of breath.
  • Really cool if you want to learn how to strip tease, she really broke down the moves and buy the end of it, I had my own dancing routine - not really stripping in anyway. Very fun and a light workout, prob about the same as walking or fast walking, not anything like running or actual aerobics. I did it by myself and thought it was fun.

If you have comcast on demand you can go there and click on sports & fitness, then click on fit-tv and they have all sorts of clips and workouts that you can try. That is how I tried this one.
  • One question: Where do you get the stripper pole?
  • Like all exercise it depends on your current fitness level. If you are in really good shape it won't be a very good workout, but if you are pretty out of shape it might really work up a sweat.

I think the best thing about it is it will show you how to move in a way that will make you like your body, and fee sexy/ desired/ wanted (as we all should!).

I say go for it! Fun for a few laughs at the very least and you may pick up a move or two!
  • I haven't tried the video but pole dancing is fun! DH and I invested in one years ago. Not for the exercise but just for fun.
  • Hey, Sunshine
    Where did you get the pole? I want one. I see a lot of them on the web, but most of them look pretty flimsy. I want one I can climb. Thanks
  • Quote: One question: Where do you get the stripper pole?

You know, this is a really morbid thought. What happens if you buy a stripper pole, and then you would happen to perish unexpectedly? I can't IMAGINE my parents or inlaws coming in to go through my things, and finding a stripper pole set up in the house.

Morbid...yes, I know. But I tend to think about things like this. I would hate for that to be one of their parting impressions of me.
  • We bought ours from a friend who sold lingerie and novelty things. I'm sure you can do a google search to see what's out there that will fit your needs.

As far as the morbidity related to someone finding out about our stripper pole, not worried at all. I would think my DH would stash it away if I kicked the bucket.
  • Aphil - you are a dancer so I wouldn't think you would be embarrassed about a stripper pole!
    The workout I tried was a chair dance (w/ carmen), you sat on the chair, walked around it, put your leg on it, etc... it was really fun.
  • Quote: Aphil - you are a dancer so I wouldn't think you would be embarrassed about a stripper pole!
    The workout I tried was a chair dance (w/ carmen), you sat on the chair, walked around it, put your leg on it, etc... it was really fun.
    Yeah, I'm a dancer...but not THAT kind of dancer. They are completely unrelated...
  • Aphil, that is too funny!! However I don't think anyone would be surprised at anything they may find in my house I have not exactly lived by the rules of a traditional lifestyle.