Food on television

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am the only one or are there more chicks out there who just can't stop watching cooking/weight loss programs? I am obsessed! It doesn't matter what they are doing, as long as there is food involved.

I wonder how long it will take to snap... or go nuts!
  • I know that I have a love/hate relationship with Diners, Drive ins and Dives on the food network. That show is the very devil, but I can't turn away. It makes me sooooo hungry every time I watch it.
  • It seems like the only three channels I watch are TLC, The Food Network, and the Travel Channel (which most of the time also has food on it!)
  • I do!
    But I've been trying to focus my attention on shows like The Biggest Loser and X-Weighted (a Calgary-based show).

And since we're talking about food on TV, one thing I did notice is that since kicking Fast Food burgers out of my life, seeing them on TV makes me a little repulsed, knowing what I know now. Anyone else?

Watching these shows, cooking ones included, make me want to make better choices about what I eat, and I will usually only watch these shows AFTER I'm filled, or else what I eat afterwards won't leave me feeling fulfilled!
  • i agree with caligirl.. OMG that is my fav show and makes me so hungry, yet i hate ir but cant turn it off.
  • OMG! it's so true with me i love the cooking shows esp diners driveins n dives and ace of cakes it make me soo hungry after watching it. but then i watch like x-weighted, biggest loser, the big medicine and it helps me 2 on track.
  • I LOVE Ace of Cakes!!!!
  • I don't have cable, thank goodness or I'd be running back and forth from the tv to the fridge as a full time job.
  • I am always talking about the Food Network with my coworkers, and they were shocked to find out that I don't even have cable. "But how do you watch Food Network if you don't have cable?"

"Silly people, I watch it at the gym! It's motivation for me to go there!"

Caligirl, watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives always has me craving an omlette and hashbrowns afterwards.
  • I love Food Network Challenge, Diners Drive Ins and Dives and Unwrapped. I also like watching Travel for Anthony Bourdain and TLC has those shows about the super obese that for some reason I find interesting. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • I'm a huge Good Eats/Alton Brown and Iron Chef fan. I've found that watching the Food Network helps alleviate cravings, especially since the science of Good Eats and watching the chefs do their thing on Iron Chef is so fascinating. I have been supplementing my Food Network with TLC (What Not to Wear, Job & Kate, and all those "medical mystery" shows) and History (Modern Marvels!).

Man, I can't wait until the fall season starts, and I can watch NCIS and House again.
  • I have no idea why, because I barely understand anything their cooking, but I have a horrible addiction to Top Chef on Bravo....maybe it's because I fell in love with Ilan during season two...
  • in general im much more of a crime channel fan, but i do love Good Eats
  • Quote: I have been supplementing my Food Network with TLC (What Not to Wear, Job & Kate, and all those "medical mystery" shows)

Ohhhhhhh me too me too me too!!! Did you know Kate has a book coming out? Sooooo exciting!
  • I love ****'s kitchen!!!