How do you carry the weight??

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I think my weight is distributed pretty evenly, I'm short but I have a large frame. My shoulders are pretty broad and my rib cage is also very large. I don't even appear the weight I am, and people always guess its less than it is.

Its mainly in my legs and tummy, but I also have a lot of muscle. But it mainly hides
  • I used to have a pretty even figure, but after staying obese long enough and gaining enough, I developed a belly and upper abdomen fat that aren't going away as fast as I think they should .

I was just thinking last week that I had finally reached a point where I liked my body / figure. I knew I wanted to still wanted to lose 25-35 pounds, but it was the first point at which I felt I could live with that weight. It was a really nice feeling.

Then just a few days later I felt fat again. But I'm a little stalled on the scale right now (TOM and starting C25K are in cahoots against me), and I go on vacation in a week and a half. So I'm suspending any worrying about my weight and figure until after that. Then it's picture time again! Hopefully I'll be down to 160 by then (lots of walking and hiking on vacation) and have some encouraging results in the pics.
  • I lucked out and have an hourglass frame - 34DDish and I carry most of my weight on my thighs, stomach, and butt. I also have "child birthing hips" as multiple people have pointed out to me... I don't mind so much but it does probably limit how small my pant sizes will get. :/

I've seen my stomach get smaller, along with my thighs (just a little bit), and my natural waist is more well-defined now than it was before.
  • I carry my weight in an annoying way...like most women do. I have nice toned arms, 34C, small waist, and then from there down to my knees I'm just like all over the place. I too have skinny ankles, but my thighs look like a male body builder who stopped working out, lol and my butt is flat and fat and my hips are huge- Childbearing hips everyone says- but I don't have kids yet!!! arggggg....

anyways, that's what trying to lose weight and tone up is all about. I try to work my butt and hips to tighten up and also focusing on wearing what makes me look best helps too.
  • I carry my weight on my hips and thighs mostly, some on my belly. I am pear shaped and have small boobs Still don't like my arms cuz they look big. I have started loosing lately and my pants look like I have a load in them lol..the best part so far from loosing is having a smaller butt.
  • I carry all of mine from the hips down. It's all in the butt, saddlebags, thighs and legs. I have oddly fat knees and ankles. My waist is narrow and I have A cup boobs, so I'm not very proportional.

Recently it's started creeping up into love handles and that dreaded spot of the tummy between the belly button and hip bones and I HATE that.
  • i'm an hourglass/pear shaped person. i am a 34DD but my hips and thighs are very big/wide. the plus side is that i lose weight in my stomach very easily and belly weight is first to go when i am losing. the negative side is that i have soooo much of everything else. lol smaller stomach (not small just in comparison to other parts) and all the boobs and butt, thighs, hips your heart could NOT desire lol oh well. i have to work with what i got!

i tend to lose stomach and back and face weight first it takes a while for the thighs and butt to follow suit
  • I am an hour-glass figure as well. Although most of the weight from my upper half went away when I had my breast reduction a few years ago.

My waist is fine but I have a tummy and thighs. I would also like to get rid of my large upper arms, but that is going to take a long time because I enjoy weight lifting.
  • I'm pear shaped and carry the majority of my fat in my thighs (hello saddlebags, yuck!) and my butt. I have been blessed/cursed with big boobs. I have seen an improvement though since I'm down 35 pounds and now hit on myself in the mirror j/k
  • First, I think this is a great post. It's something not very many people talk about, which, personally, leaves me with the "Am-I-The-Only-One?" syndrome.

Everything is proportioned evenly, but I'm pretty short, so to me, it looks completely excessive. I even have stretch marks in places I didn't even know a person could have stretch marks.. behind my knees!

I try to listen to the people around me when they say that I don't look my weight (thank goodness!), and just keep plugging along.

I was recently watching a show, Naked, in which they said most women who feel they are overweight, view themselves at least 10 or more pounds heavier than they actually are.
  • Oh yes, this is my problem. I carry the weight evenly distributed everywhere. I have always been able to trick myself into believing I look better than I do, and better than others that are the same weight. (although like others I do often have envy of those lucky enough to have thin legs). Like the first poster I have recently been feeling pretty good, getting out of the shower, in clothes. Very dangerous- I am still significantly overweight. Luckily this forum gave me my reality check- I was reading some posts and someone was commenting how they started their weight loss journey because there was no way they were putting on size 16 fat pants. My size now. So now, I say good for you- glad you feel you look good but you are still not at a healthy weight.
  • All my weight is in my stomach and thighs.
    Its so disproportionate. I look preggers I wish I was just well rounded with the weight like some people. *eh hem* haha lucky!
  • Lol i wish my weight was evenly proportioned. im pear shape my stomach my butt my thighs are my big areas.
  • Quote: Oh yes, this is my problem. I carry the weight evenly distributed everywhere. I have always been able to trick myself into believing I look better than I do, and better than others that are the same weight. (although like others I do often have envy of those lucky enough to have thin legs). Like the first poster I have recently been feeling pretty good, getting out of the shower, in clothes. Very dangerous- I am still significantly overweight. Luckily this forum gave me my reality check- I was reading some posts and someone was commenting how they started their weight loss journey because there was no way they were putting on size 16 fat pants. My size now. So now, I say good for you- glad you feel you look good but you are still not at a healthy weight.
    I just wanted to clarify. I did not mean that I feel so good about myself that I don't want to loose weight. I just meant that I feel like I look pretty good for an overweight gal. I don't think feeling good about yourself means you think your perfect. If anything it's made it easier to stick to plan becasue I'm not feeling so disgusted I NEED to get the weight off NOW, then try to do too much and eventually binge. I've been able to set more realistic goals, and plan a realistic way of long term eating. I've been much more relaxed.
  • yah my fat was pretty much all over..bit more on hips and chest and stomach..my boobs have gotten a cup smaller but oh well...now everyone says I look so tall...hahahaha..