bleeuughh...Metformin

• Yesterday was the first day I took THREE pills a day (i.e. 500 each, 1500 total). I was fine yesterday but today it's been doing a number on my tummy. The weird thing is I have this urge to put something else in my stomach -- like, my stomach is cramping and I'm pooping all over the place but I have this feeling that I need to eat something to make it better...but, what? Is it just my brain being stupid, mixing up signals of hunger and distress, or is there something I should eat (something mild? sweet? NOT sweet?) that's gonna make it better? Anyone else experience this?

Good thing (I guess...) that I'm on vacation this week and not at work...
  • OK, in case anyone's interested, I did some googling and took 2 Immodium and the problem's solved. I'm sure many people have seen the soulcysters site but I found this thread very informative for dealing with Met symptoms!!
    edit -
    dang it, I don't have enough posts to put up a link. go to soulcysters.net and scroll down to the Metformin sub-forum and it's the second sticky thread - "post your tips on dealing with gluc/met side effects"

• You are so funny! I love the description, and remember it quite well.
  • Gotta love the side effects of Metformin! lol I switched to the extended release and didn't have as many tummy issues.
  • Oh hey...I take the same dosage!

I tend to take my metformin with half a meal, then eat the rest later if I feel sick...

Supposedly that side effect leaves after a while...I think my doctor is a mad woman.