Weekly Chat Aug 11-17

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Like something you'd say to a little kid while patting them on the head. I rarely ever mention anything weight-related to my friends, but on the rare occasion that it's been brought up, I always get the really awkward "...But... I don't think of you like THAT..." It's like they're trying to reassure you of something because they assume you must be really depressed and insecure about yourself.
    My other best friend (since like 2nd grade) always says things like really messed up, but since I've known her so long, I tend to let her get away with it. Like she had broken up with her long term boyfriend and started losing weight without trying and we were driving down the street and she was like, "Yeah, I think he was trying to keep me fat so no one would want me." And she didn't even realize she had said something offensive. I had to point it out to her three days later because it was still bothering me. and she was like, "....But...I don't think of you like THAT. You're not even THAT big. I mean, I see bigger people all the time. I think of you as just another one of my skinny friends..." you know, steadily putting her foot in her mouth. That's why I believe that she doesn't know what she is saying half the time.

Arts: I resisted the meat and cheese temptation and had some special K with some fruit. Yea me!

Ugh! I fell asleep on the floor in the living room again. I don't know why I put the TIVO in here. I never watch TV in my room anymore. So yeah, I am currently fighting the urge of forth meal.
  • Yep because most of my closest friends are heavier than myself they've always thought of me as the skinny one..even though i was 230! It drove me crazy that based on themselves being larger they thought of me like that...and now they're like...soo...how much more do you want to lose? Or they don't even ask about how I am doing with it..I guess because they begin thinking of their own lifestyles..i'm not sure!

Anyways girlies..the sun shining here....sigh...FINALLY! and I am awake early..going to go for a really nice walk..and maybe some intervals of jogging..Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!
  • yay got my profile pic up!..didn't realize it was Avatar and NOT the profile pic..LOL
  • Quote: My other best friend (since like 2nd grade) always says things like really messed up, but since I've known her so long, I tend to let her get away with it. Like she had broken up with her long term boyfriend and started losing weight without trying and we were driving down the street and she was like, "Yeah, I think he was trying to keep me fat so no one would want me." And she didn't even realize she had said something offensive. I had to point it out to her three days later because it was still bothering me. and she was like, "....But...I don't think of you like THAT. You're not even THAT big. I mean, I see bigger people all the time. I think of you as just another one of my skinny friends..." you know, steadily putting her foot in her mouth. That's why I believe that she doesn't know what she is saying half the time.
    Yes! My friends always say stuff like that... Or like, if one of them eats something fattening or eats of lot of something, they always joke like "yeah, you eat that _____, fatty!" Like it's funny to call someone a "fatty" because they're eating. Or they always notice the teensiest weight gains in each other, like one of my friends gained 10 lbs over the course of this year and I honestly didn't even notice because she still looks great, but apparently another one of our friends noticed right away and asked her about it, etc. I was like, "D***, if weight is so important to them, what do they think about me??" But of course I know if I ever asked about it, they'd be like, "Nooo, you're fine!" I never confront them about it because I know they're not meaning to offend me. But it does get a little annoying.
  • Sigh..... My DD got throat infection at the beginning of this week from daycare...and now I got it. So far all I could have is tea. It was not that bad yesterday but I woke up this morning and oh man.... Sigh... Hopefully I will be able to get myself up to work out some...
  • Not so TGIF!!!
    Hi everyone I am new here my name is Jilly. I had been doing so well all week following my 9th Law plan and then Friday night I blew it!! Oh yeah not only did I have a couple of martinis with friends but came home and raided the fridge oh and let me not forget I topped it off with ice cream.
  • Welcome Jilly! Don't beat yourself up too too much about that, just remember that when we drink our common sense tends to go away. I'm unfamiliar with 9th Law...is it a diet plan? It looks like you're already doing really well if you've lost over 40 lbs -- congrats!

Tara -- the best thing for you might be to rest. Maybe just go on a light walk to keep yourself a little active and make sure you're at least getting enough fluids if you can't deal with food. Being sick can really throw a wrench into the plans....
  • hey Jilly..same here went to a friends house last night to celebrate a bday...along with the drinks I totally binged....something i haven't done in a while...I'm not gonna beat myself up over it though..today and tomorrow are new days!!
    So how was everyone's weekend???

On a brighter note went for my walk tonight and decided to attempt c25k ( realized my Ipod has a stopwatch!)..I wanted to give up half ways but pushed myself to keep going..and the wind was crazyyyyy!!! Hopefully I will keep at this..I know I can do it!!
  • Hi Jilly and WELCOME!
  • Hi Jilly! Welcome! Don't you just hate how alcohol is so much fun but has SO many calories? Heh. I experienced that the other night... I went out with a couple of friends, and one friend (who has a fake ID ) was determined to buy me a drink because I had been a little angry with her, and she wanted to make it up to me. I figured a couple "light" beers would be ok because I had actually eaten fewer calories than usual that day, but I do find it astounding that most alcoholic beverages are packed with calories. For example, I was once hanging out with some friends and someone offered me a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade. I was considering it but as I was covertly trying to look around for the nutritional information I found that it wasn't listed on the bottle OR the case! So I thought, hmm, that can't be good, and I said no. I later looked it up online out of curiosity and found that there are 222 calories in just one 11.2-oz. bottle of that stuff! Yikes! And what is it about alcohol and ice cream?? When I was at school last year, whenever I went to a party or something I would always be craving ice cream afterwards! And I'm not gonna lie, since that was waaay before I started my plan, I usually gave in. I can't wait to see how it goes when I go back to college and have to resist "the sauce" at every party every weekend... Lol, but I'll stay strong (and so will you)!

In other news, I have some GREAT NEWS today! I resolved not to weigh myself during TOM because I heard so many stories about crazy weight fluctuations, but I finally weighed myself today. I was so nervous because although I ate really well during TOM it was really hard to motivate myself to exercise. Well anyways, long story short, I'm at 239!! YEA! Well actually, 238.8, but I try to count the nearest whole number on my ticker, usually rounding up so I don't get carried away, hehe. But since it's 238.8, I feel like I've broken the 230s pretty solidly... And omigawd it feels so great. I honestly can't remember the last time I weighed this little! Of course, we don't keep a scale around the house, so it's possible that I might have hit that number sometime over the past few years. But actually seeing it on the scale makes it seem so real... And I realized that I now weigh at least 10 lbs less than the number on my driver's license, which was a TOTAL lie (I put 250, whereas at the time I was probably more like 270-280...) How funny is it that the number still isn't true, but now in a different way!