Weekly Chat Aug 11-17

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • I think it's important to remember that just being a small SIZE doesn't make you healthy. Eating like that regularly is bad bad bad for anyone!! They could all be thin but have really high cholesterol or lots of other problems.
  • Quote: I think it's important to remember that just being a small SIZE doesn't make you healthy. Eating like that regularly is bad bad bad for anyone!! They could all be thin but have really high cholesterol or lots of other problems.
    thats true, and cant you have a lot of fat around your organs even if you arent over weight? I seem to remember the liver in particular can be fatty even if you arent fat yourself
  • yep so true...and clogged arteries..high blood sugar..all that nasty stuff!
  • You know, the truth is that it's not that my coworker is thin and can eat junk all day long. I don't really want to eat junk all day long (ok, some days I do). It's just hard to work in an office where everyone else but me is VERY thin. I mean, I love these chicas, they are wonderful people. But as far as support for weightloss, even though I know they would be SOO supportive, I think it would just make me feel worse. So I'm glad I have 3fc!! Ya'll are my peeps!
  • i know how you feel, everyone i know would probably be really supportive...but then they'd always be watching you know? This is my journey, i dont need their eyes on me all the time
  • I'm soooooooooo hungry right now. But I'm in the midst of debating what I should fix me to eat and what I want to eat. I would have eaten earlier, but my Olive Garden plans were canceled (sigh of relief!) but then I went over my friend's house and she has kids and it was warm today so she didn't feel like cooking so she decided that she wanted to do the dollar menu at Wendys. I don't do fast food at all, but I can tolerate Wendys every once and a while.

So she was treating, but I was like, "No, I can't. I have to watch my girlish figure!" And I got the usual, "there isn't anything wrong with you. You've already lost hella weight. You know you want some fries and some nuggets..." I really am a sucker for fries but I shook my head all through the drive through. We get back to the house and she is passing around the food and she bought me nuggets anyway. I kept shaking my head, so she gave them to her 10 month old. And she bought me a bake potato. Luckily I don't really like baked potatoes. But she was over there cooing about the butter and the sour cream. And then after she put all of it on the potato, I could smell it across the room and is smelled sooooo good. It was KILLING ME! But I shook my head.

So now I'm home, watching wrestling, hungry as all **** and I want something meaty, juicy and cheesy. I refuse to give into the temptation!
  • why do people do that? They think that just because you've already lost some weight that you can go ahead and eat whatever the heck you want? The other day, one of the associate managers offered me (and the bakery department) leftovers from a managers meeting and when I turned it down saying I'd already had lunch, she looked at me and said, point blank, oh come on, I bet you're still hungry.

Stay strong!

I hate the "there isn't anything wrong with you arguement" They're either being polite or stupid. I'm having a bad day today wow sorry if I seem grouchy
  • Leigh, yeah, I was like, why are trying to sabotage my 'life style change'? If she wasn't like my bestes friend from 8th grade, I'd be annoyed.

And I hate when folks look you up and down not believing you're full already. I get that all the time because I fill up so easily. I'm not a bottomless pit for goodness sakes!
  • at the same time though, I also hate when people immediately retract offers like "do you want some ____? OH WAIT YOU'RE ON A DIET." instead of just offering and than accepting a no thank you with no further questioning.
  • or they are quick to point out what you shouldn't be eating when you splurge on like a candy bar or a soda. "Oh, I thought you were on a diet. Your not supposed to be eating that!" and it just ruins it for you. ;-)
  • man, why can't people just shut up?
  • cali -- great job staying strong with good choices. That can be so difficult, especially when your plans get changed from what you thought would be happening. Or when people say "Oh you're losing weight!! What DIET are you on?!?!?!?" I'm not on a diet, I'm eating healthy and exercising every day. I'm making good choices and thinking about what I'm putting into my body. I'm on the HEALTHY diet!! That's what!
  • when i get the "i know you want it/theres nothing wrong with you" i just give the dirty look and say thats its funny that theyre trying to feed me, because they dont LOOK like my mother, but they sure are acting like it

leigh: i wish people would shut up too! You know what i hate the most. The "oh my god your gym membership is so expensive!" comments. Do you KNOW how hard it is for me to find a gym i like, that is close, that minimises excuses, maximises my attendence, has regular and frequent classes that i enjoy? No? Shut your face then

I know they only do it because they care. But that really hacks me off. As if my finances are any of anyone else's businesses. At least im INVESTING my money.

They just need to accept the fact that im a rich son of a gun
  • Quote: i know how you feel, everyone i know would probably be really supportive...but then they'd always be watching you know? This is my journey, i dont need their eyes on me all the time
    Yes! I'm sure my friends would be really great about it, but I'd always feel paranoid that they'd be watching every little thing I eat... Or if it didn't seem like I was losing weight "fast" enough, they'd try to look for the things that I'm doing wrong. Like caligirl said, if I wanted to indulge in something, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it because I'd worry that someone would be thinking "Well, that's why her diet isn't working!" 'Course my scale tells me that it more or less IS working, heh, but it's not really noticeable in my body yet, so they wouldn't know that!

Ps. I hate the "there's nothing wrong with you" thing, too... It feels so, I dunno, patronizing. Like something you'd say to a little kid while patting them on the head. I rarely ever mention anything weight-related to my friends, but on the rare occasion that it's been brought up, I always get the really awkward "...But... I don't think of you like THAT..." It's like they're trying to reassure you of something because they assume you must be really depressed and insecure about yourself. I'm like, no, I'm perfectly happy thank you... Just carrying around a few extra pounds I'd like to get rid of! Oh, or maybe like they think YOU don't know that you're fat, so they don't want to hurt your feelings by breaking the bad news. Right. Hehe.
  • Quote:
    Ps. I hate the "there's nothing wrong with you" thing, too... It feels so, I dunno, patronizing. Like something you'd say to a little kid while patting them on the head
    Exactly! And besides. Its not up to THEM to decide what is wrong with US. Thats up to us