What to do re: wedding tonight!

• Hi there,
    I'm just about finished week one of phase 2 and am down just shy of 7 pounds. I am thrilled but terrified as we are attending a wedding tonight and the food likely won't be "south beach friendly". Should I do my best and then do phase 1 for a few days again or just keep doing what I was doing on phase 2???
    Thanks for any advice/help you can give me!
  • do you best and just keep going...

this is life... this is how it works...
  • SBD isn't a low carb diet, but if you eat mostly meats and veggies, and only a tiny bit of carbs/sweets if you must, at least you might not get too many cravings afterward.
  • I would try to eat before the wedding and bring along some almonds for the reception. There will probably be something there you can eat but if you aren't starving you won't be as tempted to eat things that are way off plan.
  • Great advice from Thin4good. You deal with what they send out and then tomorrow get right back on from where you started and keep going. But when you do go off plan, be sure to enjoy it. And if you really need to, you can always sabotage the cake after a couple of bites by pouring salt on it......Just a thought.
  • When I go to weddings that have both a brides cake and a chocolate groom's cake, I get only the groom's cake. I know I am going to want the chocolate and I don't really care for the white cake. So make sure that what you eat off plan is something that you can truly enjoy and savor. And definitely eat first so you aren't hungry.
  • I had a wedding about 4 weeks ago. I still ate the cake and such things, but just in small amounts....there was no way i was going to be in a wedding and not enjoy the food!!! If cravings come back, just go back on phase I for a few days until they go away! enjoy the wedding and good luck!

p.s. i gained about 3 or 4 pounds during the wedding weekend, and it was gone again within 3-4 days....
  • So how did you do?
  • Good morning!

I did pretty well except for the dessert . The meal started with a vegetable soup, spinach salad with lots of veggies, a chicken dish with roasted potatoes (didn't have the potatoes) and some string beans. Dessert is where I "cheated"... it was heavenly and worth it! I went with the feeling that if it wasn't worth it ,I wouldn't touch it but it was a napoleon with chocolate... totally not OP but I still have to live a little right? I didn't eat the whole thing but I did allow myself to have some. I had one glass of red wine that I nursed all evening and for the rest, drank water. We had a great time and this morning, I was only up 0.1 pounds. It might bite me in the butt tomorrow but I was overall pretty happy.
  • Good for you! I think you covered your butt from biting. Lots of water today, OK?
  • think you did great.

as ruth said... water water water
    and right back on plan and it will be a blip in time!
  • Thank you all! I SO didn't want to undo all the good I have done in the past (almost) 3 weeks.
  • Aemo, Thats what it's about, living in MODERATION for those that are "empty calories" that do us no nutritional value! GREAT JOB!
  • Thank you, Loriann7.