What to do with a bunch of little onions?

• Mostly my garden went quite well this year though I'm a newbie at it. But, my onions are all done growing though none are much bigger than an inch across. I have a whole mess of them, maybe four dozen. I guess I could just chop them up like big onions and use them in recipes. But, it seems like my little onions could be used to make something unique. Ideas? I LOVE onions, so they don't have to be disguised in the dish! I'll happily eat sauteed onions.
  • Are they pearl onions, or just yellow onions that stayed fairly small?

Pearl onions are great in stews, soups, etc.
  • I love caramilised onions...go great with most meals
  • camalize them with veggie stock and add some balsamic when they are almost done. I love camelized onions. I found a really good camelize onion recipe in diabetic living a few years ago and thats basically the jist of it.
  • They're regular old white onions grown from sets. The tops are dead, dying or gone so they aren't going to grow any more!
  • Trim the tops to one inch or less, spread them out on a rack for a couple days to let the skins dry. It makes it easier to peel. Caramelizing is yummy!

Or, try thin slices, mixed with a good vinegar (white wine or apple cider), a bit of salt and a quick grinding of black pepper - adding in a touch of sugar, and/or some fresh herbs - quickie pickle, crunchy and will keep a long time in the fridge.

Spear some peeled onions on a skewer, spray/brush with olive oil, and grill 'til slightly blackened, and smelling great. Cut in to chunks, and use in a salad, or over grilled chicken, fish or meat, or nibble.