Walking Question

• Is it possible to lose weight walking 15-20 minutes 7 days a week versus walking 30-45 minutes 3 times per week? I also do light toning with an exercise band.
  • It's definitely possible. Just do as much as you can, every little bit helps. I walk two laps around my office building every time I get up from my desk, even if only for 2 or 3 minutes.
  • Yeah, this is much possible and I think you have to try to eat protiened foods to do so also.
  • As long as you are controlling your food intake (counting calories or otherwise) to ensure you arent eating more than you are burning - you will lose weight. Make sure you keep your routine varied, even if you change walking routes or duration - to continue to lose weight.

It would be best for you to do exercise 5 days a week for 30 minutes instead of a little bit every day or bigger chunks on three days. Cardio ( aerobic exercise), to truly benefit the participant, must be undertaken for a minimum of thirty minutes on most (5) days of the week.

This maintains fitness levels and assists in weightloss.
  • Hey! Get out there and go for it!!!
  • Walking is a great form of exercise.. i agree with the others watch your intake move your but and you will loose weight.. IMHO any exercise you feel confortable enough to do on a daily basis has to benefit you in the long run.. in the past i have lost weight with just walking alone.. but i get bored easily so now i mix it up.. walking.. elliptical. swimming.. aerobics.. mini tramp.. daily exercise makes me feel great.. its lifts my mood and helps me sleep.. if i had the choice of 3 days of 30-45 minutes walking and 7 of 15-20.. i would choose the 7.. becuase daily exercise keeps me happy..

Others might choose the 3 .. becuase that is what they prefer..

on average however i walk 3-5 days a week atm becuase its winter and an average of 60 kilometers a month

if you want to know how much you do go to www.mapmywalk.com and sign up fill in your training log and walks everyday .. and you'll know how much you do.. I LOVE IT!