Wk 1 Ph 1 weight loss question?

• Hi everyone! Still new to south beach and to this board but hoping someone can give me some reassurance.

I am starting week 2 of phase 1 today and so I also had my first weigh in. I lost three pounds. Now I must say, in my life I have never lost three pounds in a week so I was surprised BUT at the same time I have heard so many people losing like 10 pounds in phase 1 which obviously isn't going to happen for me. I have been very careful and staying on plan and have even been tracking my calories this first week just to be sure that I am not overdoing anything. The most calories I had for a day was just over 1500 and all the other days were around 1300.

So, do you think I am doing something wrong? Is three pounds okay for the first week of phase 1? Like I said I am still so new to this that I just wanted to check in. Thanks so much... these boards seem really supportive and very informational!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
  • to The Beach. Three pounds is just fine for week 1! Join us on the Phase I thread and in the Daily. Be sure to check out the Recipes and the stickies in the FAQ.
  • Well you don't have all that much to lose, I think that plays into it. The two people I know in real life who dropped like 15 pounds in phase one are people who had probably 100 pounds or more to lose.
  • 3 pounds is great. Slow and steady is the key to keeping weight off permanently. You are doing great , phase I is the hardest.
  • you want to lose 30 pounds total.
    you've lost 3 pounds.

once again this fits with my 10% of the total loss scenario. it seems to be what most folks lose.

phase 1 is not the weight loss phase, it's th bust the cravings, get ready for phase 2 stage.

you're doing great.... keep going.

• Hooray for three pounds, you are doing great!
    How do you feel?
    I lost 5 lbs the first time I did Ph1, mostly in the second week. I had a LOT to lose, but it's different for everyone. Ph1 weight loss is greatly overemphasized. As Nessa pointed out, Ph1 is so important for other reasons.
  • Welcome to South Beach. You are off to a fantastic start!