The Introduction of Autumn Rose

• Hello everyone! My name is Autumn and I am a fatty, chubby, fluffy, big boned, big girl, whatever you want to call it.
    I honestly didn't realize this until recently. Heck, I knew I'd chubbed up a bit, but not until I stepped on the scale a month or so ago did I realize I had hit 299 pounds. It was truly shocking considering I mentally prepared myself to be about 240-250 since I don't weight myself much, not since the 220's. I am a stay at home mom so snacking is an issue, plus I really enjoy cooking and eating that yummy food!
    Anyhoo, I started trying to just eat less and my weight loss has been slow going. My husband had lost 60 pounds with South Beach about 2 years ago and has had no problem keeping it off. He cheats a little and will put on a few pounds but jump back on phase one and he is back to goal in no time.
    This has inspired me to join in on the diet. He will be a good buddy, but I also thought this group would be fun to join and have some other support people. I started on the S.Beach phase one today. I am following the example meal plan to the T since hubby did that with great success. The only substitutions I will be making are avoiding salmon - yuck lol!
    Well I hope to get know many of you and we will be sharing our success stories!

Autumn
  • Hi and Welcome! - It sounds great having a DH on SB!! I am going to try to get mine on board when he gets home next week!

• Let me be the first to welcome you. (Oops, missed it by a minute!)

We, too, used the sample phase 1 menus. We changed them up a little. We didn't vary breakfasts as much and tried to use leftovers as part of lunches to reduce the amount of preparation (leftover chicken on salad, leftover steak on salad, etc) Substituting a different fish should be fine.

Welcome to the Beach and Welcome to 3fc.
  • Thanks ladies!
  • to The Beach, Autumn! While it's fine to follow the sample menus, you should check out our Phase 1 recipes, too. We have some wonderful recipes to help keep you from getting bored with your meals. Check out our FAQ section, too, for great hints and suggestions. We're happy you decided to join us here.
  • Welcome Autumn!!!

You will find these ladies offer HUGE amounts of support and knowledge!!!! They are the best!!! Definitely check out the recipes...they are lifesavers for me!!!

Again...welcome and good luck!!
  • Welcome, I wish you the best!
  • Lovely name and good intro. I'll have to find you a nice avatar.

This is a good group of Beachies and you'll find lots of support here. Be sure to read and understand the book and read the Stickies in the FAQ Section. iR
  • hi autumn! welcome to the beach and good luck-
    am repeat offender and also starting phase one. see ya around!!
    cheers
    jan
  • Welcome! Make mini-goals for yourself and you will do this.
  • Welcome Autumn. I am returning to the beach as well. I've not been posting regularly due to the computer being down (keep it unplugged when we are having T-storms, and they have been daily lately ) I have found this group very supportive.
  • Welcome to 3FC & the beach. I have found so much support and encouragement here on this forum. Please be sure to ask lots of questions, there are some great veterans around here who really know their stuff.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Welcome, I think you will love it here, I know I do! This is a great group for support, getting your questions answered and a good swift kick in the pants if and when you need it.
  • Hi, fellow Atlantan! Welcome to the beach!