Old Chick New to the Beach

• Hello All

I've been knocking around 3 Fat Chicks for a few years now. A couple weeks ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance and my doctor read me the riot act and informed me that I needed to go on a low carb diet. Even though SBD isn't traditionally low carb, it seems more relaxed to me than Atkins and other low carb diets so I'm going to do it with some tweaking.

A bit about me, I'm 34 years old an expat from England now living in Tennessee, married to a Yankee with no real kids but plenty of "fur" ones. We have a 14 week old maine coon kitten called Fawkes, a mutt called Patch and a small herd of goats. I work as an office administrator for a KFC franchise (OH THE IRONY).

I like to think I've got a gsoh and use humor a lot to get through situations. I lost a lot of weight in 2006 and got down to 168 but the last two years have not been good and together with the recent health issues I piled it all back on. Hey I'm only human!

When I'm not trawling the internet I like to play World of Warcraft (yep I'm a geek!), read, cook, travel, listen to music, I have just taken up tang soo do martial arts and when I am able to drag myself to the gym I love to weight lift.

Glad to meet you all.
  • Horde or Alliance?

my husband is a WOW guy....

welcome!
  • Nice intro, Lynne, and to The Beach.
  • Welcome!!!

I'm a Southerner going to visit England and Spain in two months!!!

- I hope you enjoy SB!
  • to The Beach, Lynne! Jump right in, the water's fine!
  • Welcome and good luck!!
  • WELCOME! I am a WOW girl all the way.

For the HORDE!
  • Welcome!!!!
    As you can tell from my name...I've been at this for a while too...BUT I have to tell you - SBD is the FIRST diet where even if I have a week or two where I don't lose...I don't think of quitting....I FEEL so much better just eating healthier...I don't want to quit...
    Welcome to the BEACH!!!! Ever play Age of Empires or are you strictly a WOW chick?
  • Thanks for the welcome

Ladybug, I play on the Alliance side tho Jonsgurl I do have a couple of lowbie horde characters , chronic I am strictly a WoW girl right now although I have played Everquest, Everquest 2, SWG, Vanguard.. I told you I was a geek!
  • welcome to the beach fellow transatlantic expat

sounds like u've found a wee slice of heaven ovah theah
    good luck on ur weigh loss journey
  • hubbie is playing alliance right now. his 70 character is his horde character. he also has another guy playing horde... but this week is alliance week. i don't know his name... shark something or other...

i do wii fit downstairs... and he's always WOW on that computer.