August Activity Action and Achievement for the worldly chicks

You're on Page 9 of 20
Go to
  • Morning chicks,

Quickie for me as well. Didn't have to get up early as it was overcast and cloudy so it was nice to get almost 8 hours in the sack.

How do you get a pee sample from a dog?

Michelle - I loved walking along the lakefront! Of course for us we had to be in downtown Chicago to do it but I just am fascinated by water. And we used to go camping in South Kettle Moraine. Nice campgrounds just not alot of trees in the campground itself. I think we camped near the town of Eagle, WI maybe? That's going a bit far back for me. Sorry to hear you have a migraine. Feel better.

Shad the dinner sounded like a great diet dinner - no overeating portions on that one I suppose it's riskier there to try something unknown than it would be at home. Are you telling us to come up with a September theme? or just Carla? I vote for Worldly Chicks Sad in September because since we lost most of our Worldly group, the bulk of us are generally sad to see September come because that means winter is around the corner. At least I used to feel that way when we lived up north. Here we don't get winter until Christmas as it should be. Oops sorry Shad, used that offensive word, didn't I?

And y'all have enticed me into buying some blueberries tho I don't think mine were as cheap as yours but they are nice and plump.

Have a good Tuesday
  • Happy Tuesday Ladies....geez here it is, trash day again, my life is blazing past me at a rate I wish would SLOW down.

Found some cinnamon spice tea in the breakroom that I didn't realize was in there. It is quite tasty. Bigalow is the brand, I believe.

Here is some funny news. I went out to pick my tomatos out of the garden and started staring at the roma's. Low and behold there was a roma tomato "gone bad" in shape....it looks like a penis with the boys attached. I brought it to work to show to my "red zone" friends. It is unbelievable.

Shad...hot stone massage sounds perfectly wonderful. When in a restaurant with undefinable meat....the meat is probably cat. wink wink

MEL...way to the the acct about showing up. You are funny.

Michelle...hope you get to feeling better. Migraines are the worst. I have one about 3 times a year. Which used to be about every other week. I feel for ya sista.

Ceejay...a big HELLO out to you, my friend.

Ruth...how in the heck do you collect dog pee. I am trying to imagine that but just end up in laughter.

Happy...I am with you about winter. I absolutely dread winter.

Carla...I had gallstones about 15 years ago. It is quite nasty. I will say gallstones are not as bad as kidney stones. I have had both. Having a baby falls in between the two. Hope all goes well and you get to feeling better.

Not much else going on, altho I love my job, I am ready to move on.

Love and Hugs.

Annie
  • Quote:
    Here is some funny news. I went out to pick my tomatos out of the garden and started staring at the roma's. Low and behold there was a roma tomato "gone bad" in shape....it looks like a penis with the boys attached. I brought it to work to show to my "red zone" friends. It is unbelievable.
    What??? No PICTURES? We'll put a fireman's hat on it and Mel will be in heaven
  • My migraine is all gone today. Went home last night, relaxed, watched TV and took Excedrin Migraine and gatorade. Hopefully I won't have one this evening. Yesterday and today have been h*ll at work, so it doesn't surprise me that I went home with a migraine yesterday.

I can't even imagine getting pee out of a dog. Anytime our vet has needed a pee sample, she sticks a needle/syringe into the bladder - less chance of contamination she says.

Annie - Interesting shaped tomato - do you have any other x-rated veggies in your garden?

Happy - Sure I know where Eagle, Wisconsin is. Old World Wisconsin Historical Park is there. Very nice area. I've also heard that the campgrounds in Door County and along Lake Michigan are very nice as well. I love Lake Michigan. Almost like being at the ocean with the beaches and lighthouses, and you can't see the other side. I love being in our boat on the smaller lakes too, with the sun shining, birds singing and a gentle breeze. Our boat is too small for the Great Lakes though, which is fine by me. I'll enjoy the big lakes from the shore.
  • Happy, Annie, you both have dirty minds, and should be very ashamed of yourselves. Then again, so do I, so I'd like to see a photo too...

Mel, in your honour I went out today and bought a Santa Claus melon . I've never had one before, and will report further once I cut it open. I still have rather a lot of pale, insipid watermelon to get through.

Those of you who've had gallstones, did you have your gall bladder removed? If not, how did you fix the problem? If I can avoid surgery, I'd be much happier, but don't want to have too many more gallbladder attacks. I see the surgeon tomorrow.

I did go to the clinic with my eye, and have an emergency appointment tomorrow morning with an ophthalmologist. My fingers are crossed that it will be something minor, but I have a bad feeling about this one. I was an idiot to wait instead of going straight to a clinic the day it started.

Diyana, I'm glad the headache went away. And good luck on hitting your 46lb target! At the rate you're going, I think it'll be a shoo-in.

Shad, maybe DS2 could do the clean-up before you get home?
    I think the muezzin calling the faithful to prayer was probably a lot less annoying before the invention of loudspeakers. I imagine it'll be great to be home in your nice quiet yard. Just you and your boys and Sunday purring with happiness to have you back. Speaking of Sunday, where did Nicole Kidman get off stealing your cat's name for her kid????

Ruth, I'm onto my second batch of blueberries too, and plan to head back on Thursday before the 3 for $5 special is over. Yumm. And I think we all want to know how you collected Hershey's specimen...

Gotta go. Catch y'all later!
  • Grab those berries fast, Carla. The ones I bought today are getting a bit soft - still great but won't last very long. Five pints are in the freezer right now and another batch of zucchini chips is in the dehydrator - my new toy.

Collecting dog pee? Not a problem with a well-trained dog like my Hershey. The command is "Find your spot" (nicer than "Go pee" for a lady dog). she squats and I slip a foil container under her girly parts. Think a meat pie-sized container. Then I "decant". Yes, I throw out the foil pan. Boy dogs are trickier. You have to sort of intercept with a styrofoam coffee cup. Any more questions? I know how to get sperm from a male dog too. No dirty comments, OK?

Well, this is a red letter day! I dropped in to the quilt shop in Brockville and found I had won a draw for a sewing machine. It's the Janome Platinum which lists around $700 and is a great wee machine for classes. It weighs just under 12 pounds and has a built in fake hand-quilting stitch! I buy tickets all the time for worthy causes and NEVER win a damned thing. My other machine which I bought just last fall can go to the Womens Shelter.

I'm running out of steam after a busy morning so am going to make a cuppa and sit on the deck in the sunshine and sew some hems. Mornings certainly feel like fall these days - especially when you are out in your nightgown at first light harvesting dog pee! It's nice to have the sun instead of our usual afternoon rain. Enjoy!
  • GOOD DAY TODAY BUT A BIT PAINFUL. I GOT THE SHUYOPPING DONE. STUCK TO MY OLD "DIET" SHOPPING LIST. KEEPING THE COOKING TO A MINIMUM STILL AND STICKING TO THE BASICS. AND YES MISS HAPPY IT IS THE MICHAEL THURMOND PLAN & RECIPES! I WAS THINKING IT'S THE SAFEST WAY TO MAINTAIN AND THE EASIEST TO COOK. I RAN INTO MY OLD DR AND HE SAID THIS ABOUT THE NECK TO THUMB PROBLEM: HE THINKS FROM OVBSERVANCE IT IS A QUESTION OF A WRENCHED MUSCLE, A PINCHING NERVE AND THE INCREASING INFLEXIBILITY IN MY NECK WHICH RATHER SHOCKED HIM.BUT WHEN I REMINDED HIM I WAS IN THE CHAIR 18 YEARS AND AM 61 NOW HE WAS LESS SHOCKED AND ASKED ME HOW I STAY SO YOUNG I TOLD HIM I FEEL 90! TOLD ME TO NEVER FORGET WHEN I OVERDO WITH EITHER ARM THAT THE INFLAMMATION WILL SPREAD BECAUSE OF THE DYSTROPHY. I ADMIT THAT I DO LOSE SIGHT OF THAT. THEN ALSO TO "UP" THE PILLS FOR INFLAMMATION AS MUCH AS MY STOMACH WILL TAKE, ALTERNATE HEAT AND ICE TO FIND WHICH WORKS BEST OR USE BOTH AND FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP DOING THINGS THAT REQUIRE MY ARM TO BE "BEHIND ME" AND NO LIFTING IMPOSSIBLE WEIGHTS. EASY FOR HIM TO SAY. I DID TELL HIM IT'S FEELING BETTER THAN THE LAST TIME I RAN INTO HIM AND THAT IT'S NOT BRINGING ME TO TEARS NOW. HE SAID IT MAY TAKE MONTHS TO HEAL...IF IT DOES. IF NOT THEN GO FOR THE SHOTS AND SEE IF THEY WORK BUT THAT THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT JUST BURSITIS AND HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS. LOL
    I QUICKLY TOLD THE OFFICE THAT SOME OFFICE DOORS NEED THEIR SPRING CLOSING REMOVED OR THEY CAN COME AND SIT WITH THE DEAD BODIES AND LOOK FOR WILLS AND EMERGENCY NUMBERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT BY THEMSELVES. WE'LL SEE. I AM CLOSE TO A POINT WITH MY BILLS WHERE I CAN COMFORTABLY GIVE UP THE PITTANCE THEY CALL MY SALARY. JEN HAS ONE MORE SMALLISH BILL AND I HAVE 2 SMALL AND ONE BIG ONE. I COULD SEE PEOPLE WERE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH MY "ULTIMATUMS" TODAY BUT THAT'S LIFE. IT'S MEL'S TURN TO RULE THE ROOST. LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT. I KNOW SHAD HAS WAITED SINCE 2003 WHEN WE FIRST MET FOR THIS DAY TO ARRIVE!! I JUST WISH I HAD DONE IT A BIT MORE CALMER CAUSE I GOT A BIT NASTY. BUT IT TOOK "NASTY" FOR ME TO GET THE COURAGE UP AND ALSO FOR ME TO ADMIT TO MYSELF I NEED TO BACK OFF. I HAVE NO CHOICE NOW. SO........
    HOPE THIS SOUNDS LIKE GOOD NEWS AND DOESN'T PULL ANYONE DOWN. I FEEL GOOD...A WEE BIT SAD THAT THE DAY HAS COME...BUT ON THE WHOLE VERY STRONG.
    ENOUGH BABBLING FOR ME. HOPE EVERYONE ELSE HAD A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY...GLAD YOU FOUND THE CLOTHES. THEY SAY IT'S GOOD FOR MORALE TO HAVE THE RIGHT FEELING MATERIALS ETC IN ORDER TO KEEP UP THE GYM. SO GOOD FOR YOU!! IS THE POOL READY?? I AM!!

MICHELLE...NICE SOUNDING WEEKEND. SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HEADACHES. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY FOR THE HEAD AND THE 5 LBS!! GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR 46TH!! AND ALSO GOOD LUCK TO THE MOTHER IN LAW WITH THE SBD!!!

CEEJAY... YOU WILL BE OUR ONLY BIRTHDAY GIRL THIS MONTH!! IS IT THE 25TH OR 27TH??

SHAD...ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA:

“Lies, damned lies, and statistics” is part of a phrase attributed to Benjamin Disraeli and popularized in the United States by Mark Twain: “There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” The semi-ironic statement refers to the persuasive power of numbers, and succinctly describes how even accurate statistics can be used to bolster inaccurate arguments.

SO SORRY ABOUT THE UNEXPLAINED FOODS AT THE RESTAURANT. WHEN YOU GET HOME WILL YOU BE THERE LONG? NOT THAT I AM COMING FOR A VISIT! THE DS1 BY HIMSELF OR WITH THE OTHER HALF?? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!! TELL HIM CHRISTMAS IS COMING

RUTH....I LAUGHED OUTLOUD IN THE SUPERMARKET TODAY AS I PICKED UP A PINT OF BLUES FOR $2.99!!! I TOLD MY 2 FRIENDS THERE WE NEED TO GO AND VISIT YOU!!! ALSO SAID YOU WOULD BE GOOD FOR A GLASS OF VINO!!
  • I’m back to work today. Things were not to bad. The paper work had just a few flaws. I’ll find out tomorrow what the new work schedule will be. B. goes to the doctor tomorrow. I suppose I’m a pessimest but I’m not looking for him to return. I’ll be suprised if he does.

Food has been on plan today.

I’m thinking about going to the gym after work to walk around the track. I’ve already logged 6200 steps. I really need to go to the weight room.

My friend who works in the lab has set up a different user account on the computer at work for me to do my book work. People love to get in and look around which I don’t mind but when they start to change formulas and reprogram things that is a no no for my part. I’m the one who has to straighten it out. It has to balance.

Mel
    My birthday is the 27th. You didn't have to remind me. Just a few more day's and I'll be 58.

Annie
    To funy about the tomato. I'm with Happy, where's the picture.

Ruth
    Congrats on winning the machine.

Happy
    You've inspired me to go to the gym this afternoon.

Carla
    Sorry about the gallstones. My mom had them. The surgery was a breeze. Sending you good vibe's about your eyes. And thanks for reminding me that I need to put an eye check up on my list of things to do.
  • Morning all,
    Quick fly by here as the sh*t appears to have hit the fan at full splatter speed - particularly in the HR section. Poor guys have been working to midnight trying to sort the problems. I have a feeling that my trainees will not be in class today.
    More trainees are coming out of the woodwork and need my help NOW! like yesterday and life becomes interesting - to say the least.

Hey Annie - I could have done with a photographic giggle today. Drat and darn.

I'll be back later with some more personals. For now I need to go find the tissues and become the 'mother'
  • Thought I would stop in and say hello. Hope everyone is doing well. Hasn't been good for me the last few days. I got back on the meads ( after being off them for a bit ) about a month and I am very sick again. Last weigh in was good but I am starting to moon face up and be real puffy. I am mostly staying in bed the last two days ( thank heavens it didn't get real bad until the last couple days of vacation, still enjoyed the Ted Nugent concert lol ). I am being very careful what I eat but have no energy what so ever to exercise at this time. Give me a few days and ( that is all I will allow myself 3 more days lol ) I will be getting back to normal and back chatting again.
  • SOMEHOW I MISSED ANNIE'S PENIS SHAPED TOMATOES AND HAPPY'S QUESTION OF DOG URINARY SAMPLES! AND NEVER KNEW OUR RUTH WAS SO TALENTED GETTING PEE AND SPERM!! THAT'LL TEACH ME TO SKIM POSTS WHEN I AM IN A BAD MOOD! AND I CERTAINLY COULD HAVE USED A GOOD LAUGH TOO SHAD WITH A PICTURE
    WELL I AM IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE TODAY. DRESSED AND READY TO TAKE MY PROTEIN BAR AND WATER OUTSIDE. I AM ALSO A TOTAL OF 3 LBS DOWN FROM AUGUST 1ST. 186. WONDER IF IT WILL STAY OFF OR IS THIS STILL A YOYO THING
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

SHAD...SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.

CARLA...THANKS FOR THE LAUGH AND THE THEY WERE MUCH NEEDED. HOPE MINE WORKED FOR YOU AS WELL

CEEJAY...HOPE THE NEW ACCT WORKS AND ALL IS WELL AGAIN AT WORK TODAY. 6200 STEPS! WOW! GOOD FOR YOU

RENNIE....GET WELL SOON. JUST REST UP AFTER TOO MUCH VACATION "FUN"

RUTH...NOW I KNOW WHO TO CALL WHEN I NEED MY NEXT SAMPLES....BUT SORRY...NO SPERM WHALES HERE
  • Happy Wednesday Ladies -

Walked 4 miles at lunch yesterday...I normally walk 2 miles, but it was just so nice out that I decided to do another lap. Today is rainy, so unless it clears up, we may be walking indoors around the office. After work, I played soccer, frisbee and "chase/tag" with my dogs - definitely burned some calories. It's difficult for me to workout indoors when it's so nice out and I know that autumn/winter aren't too far away. (Thanks a lot, Mel, for continually reminding me of how quickly Santa will be here! )

Carla - I hope your medical appointments today go well. I hope there is a non-surgical gall bladder option, and of course, I hope your eye situation is something minor and easily fixed.

Ruth - Thanks for the pee collection explanation. I don't even want to know how to collect sperm. Congratulations on winning the sewing machine! That's awesome! And so nice of you to donate your other machine to the Women's Shelter. As for freezing all the wonderful summer berries - is there any trick to it? Or do you just wash the fruit, dry thoroughly and freeze?

Mel - That's good you ran into your old doctor and got some good information regarding your arm. Please, please mind your doc and don't overdo. Good for you for giving the office an ultimatum! It is good news! And maybe if you were calmer, they wouldn't have taken you seriously. You need to do what is best for YOU! YGG! Congrats on losing 3 lbs! That's awesome! :congrats:

Ceejay - You didn't get too much time off did you. I hope B's doctor appointment goes well and that he is able to return. I need to get some weight lifting in too. I've been doing great with cardio (walking at lunch and all), but I'm only doing weights once a week.

Shad - Sorry that the HR sh*t has hit the fan. Hang in there.

Rennie - So sorry that you're not feeling good. Are you on prednisone? You mentioned moon face and puffy and that has happened to me when I was on prednisone years ago. Glad you enjoyed the Nugent concert!

A big to everyone!

Love and hugs,
  • Melody
    As I was looking Thur the posts; I have to admit some of them cracked me up lol.

di
    Yes it is the dreaded prednisone. I have been doing fine not gaining weight but I haven't been eating enough. The puffiness has really gotten bad and I have been eating more, still not enough. I dread getting on the scale for my weigh in next Wednesday. All my clothes are tight. Little I can do about it. I can't eat less than I am eating lol. It is so nice to walk outside when it is nice out. I did a ton of walking while we were camping. I don't have the energy to go out to get an ice cream cone let alone walk lol.
  • Here we are at Hump Day again.....Geez life goes fast.

I will take a pix of the "gone wrong tomato" tonight and see if I can post it. I am not good at doing that, on the tard side. I got a 2 inch round 14 inch long cucumber out of the garden last night. I think I have a "X" rated garden.

Ruth...yike, nevermind the sperm collection. I do not want to know that one. hahahaha.

Rennie...Feel better, my dear...big hugs.

Carla....yes, I had my gallbladder removed. The surgical way, as my bladder wall had partically turned to stone and they could not "suck" it out. I did get to keep my stones. I had 4 large stones and a bunch of pebbles and sand.

MEL....girl, you got to get to feeling better, you have had your share of yuckiness. Big Hugs to you too!! My philosophy is "better living through chemicals".

Getting hair trimmed tonight, it is well worth them washing it. That feels so great. Beautiful day in Indy today. 78 sunny and NO humidity.

Love and Hugs,
  • Oh, Rennie, I hated being on prednisone. Not only did it make me puffy and moon faced, my moods were like PMS x 10000!! How long do you have to be on it?

Annie - Bladder wall turned to stone! Yuck! That sounds like something out of a sci fi movie! You're having the nice weather today that we had yesterday.