Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 31 of 32
Go to
  • Scrub the ooh la la they have deli france in the co-op dont they?
  • I love thunderstorms - I love to turn the lights off and watch it - kids not so keen on sitting in the dark though...

Sprog #2 slept all night - YIPPEE

Diet went to pop yesterday - friend turned up with creamy cakes at 2pm just as I had had lunch - obviously had to scoff the lot didn't I?? Oh well back on track today...
  • I dont like creme! Im a lucky person! If you forced me to eat a creme cake I could not do it!
  • I'll have your cream cake then Veggie. Although jammie doughnuts are my favouries - I'm a simple girl at heart
  • Going AWOL again!!
    hello everyone! well i am back here, if only for a short while. I am back from visiting my mam in hospital, she is home now and we are playing the waiting game.
    I am finding thediet a bit of a struggle, main;ly down to stress and TOM. I refuse to give in but the greedy demons are hammering constantly at the door

I have managed to do the gym/swim thing this week but it has been a struggle. I don't seem to know if I am on my head or my ar*e today.

Tomorrow I am off on a conference for a week in Bournemouth, hope fully it wont be all work and no play!! The hotel has a pool and a gym so i am hoping I will be able to keep on top of the exercise, the food however will be a difficult issue to tackle. i will do the best I can!!

i saw a good poster in the gym today about Success:

Success
    Some people dream of it.
    Others wake up and work hard to achieve it.

I am hoping I can stay awake
  • Had set myself the task of tiding Seans room up today. But when I got up this morning my washing machine had broken - isn't spinning. I'm sure it only needs the pump emptied - previous washing machines there was a bit on the front where you could clean it out - this one though you have to tip the whole machine upside down - not as handy. Have delegated that task to Ray, he's asleep so he doesn't know that yet.

My oldest has a bed wetting history and although he has been dry for ages, he slept to 10:30 (??) this morning and true to form when you have no washing machine he was wet - so we had a trip to the laundrette to watch everybodies washing going round & round & round.

So the long shot is the notion is off me to do the tidiing up - am trying to talk myself into at least starting it.

Have been extremely brave and brought 2 new goldfish - you may remember I am scared of fish touching me when I put my hands in the tank. So I put the fish in & even cleaned some of the tank - my bravery knows no bounds. The fish are Rays fathers day present - as he has the cheek to have a birthday this week as well - we're keeping the whisky for his birthday - couldn't really hide the fish in a cupboard.

Eating has gone down hill since Thursday and tonight I'm off to a friends for a few drinks and supper - will be get back on the healthy wagon tomorrow. The notion is on me to build up my fitness again - I need to get started again with my walking - is a bit hard at the moment - but only I can do it.

Little bits of motivation I heard during the week

Close your mind against negative and discouraging influences
    Build a network with postive minded individuals (all of you)
    Have a purpose
    Have a plan
  • It's a disaster. Caught the boys on the bunker in the kitchen finishing the mint & chocolate chip ice cream - at only 87 cals for 100g - it has been a life saver over the last week.

But now it's all gone
  • Hi TQ, I have to stay in hotels most weeks because of my job, I have found that most places (and restaurants) will be really accommodating about the food you need if the kitchen/chef is half-decent. In a lot of places you can even phone and tell the hotel kitchen your dietary requirements ahead of time. A few ideas I have used:

- ask them to steam the garlic prawns (in a wee bit of white wine) rather than fry them in butter
    - have a plain grilled steak with undressed salad
    - have a veggie pizza with no cheese and ask them to leave off the oil (they sometimes drizzle it on before cooking)
    - eat pasta with arrabiatta sauce (sometimes this comes with bacon, but you can ask them to leave it out)
    - have tandoori chicken/prawns with chapatti (much better for you than naan) or plain boiled rice, ask for extra salad and yoghurt sauce
    - check the soup, if it's a non-creamy one (e.g. tomato & basil, carrot & orange) it may well be OK
    - take low-fat cup-a-soups with you & have one in your room (if it has a kettle) before you go for your meal instead of a starter
    - have grilled/steamed fish with no butter etc
    - take fruit with you and snack on it all day, you will eat less at mealtimes
    - eat weetabix/special K & have lots of fruit for breakfast (the yoghurts are usually high-fat)
    - do not eat chinese food, it is impossible to eat low fat chinese!!!
    - ask for dressings, gravies etc "on the side" so you can control how much you eat, most will serve it in a little bowl or jug for you
    - in Italians, eat the breadsticks instead of the garlic bread

Hope this helps! Have a good time.
  • Hi all

Not having such a good day - Dave is going away on business this afternoon!!! It's Fathers' Day for heaven's sake - me and the kids are really down about it and we won't see him again until Wednesday Still the house will be tidy...

Carol - my 7 years old's a bed wetter, when did your child become dry? Until recently it was 3 times a night (even though we were getting her out of bed, she'd already done it and was still asleep), we went to the bed-wetting clinic and they didn't give us any REAL advice, just told us not to shout at her (which we didn't anyway) it's now just once a night but I'd be really grateful if you could give me any tips on how you managed to get yours dry - thanks.

TQ - hope your Mum's OK.

Got to go and and visit respective fathers now... can't wait !!
  • I've done everything Mel, no drinks after 6, no orange juice or fizzy drinks ever, even waking him up in the middle of the night. None of it solves the problem, he just sleeps so deeply that he doesn't wake up to go. He had been dry for about a month and I really thought we had it cracked this time, but obviously not.

He likes his room roasting, so the heater is always on in there - seems to make it happen less often - don't know if it's mind over matter. If he sleeps too long or goes to bed late we usually have a wet bed. I've even tried charts with stars and buying him treats if we get a full week of dry beds. His problem is he just doesn't wake up in the night, unlike his brother.

The health visitor tried to make an issue of it when we last saw her - before he started school I think - but like you we don't make it into a problem with him, he just goes & strips his bed while I run a bath for him.

He is doing it less than he used to, wish I had a answer for you. You can get sheets that make a noise if they get slightly wet, which is supposed to wake the child, have read about them somewhere.
  • Thanks for that Carol - it seems like we've been going through the same thing. Laura sleeps very deeply too, sometimes she doesn't even wake up when she's wet. The bed-wetting clinic have suggested these mats but not until she's 8 - I hope we've not still got the problem then! Apparently bed-wetting runs in families, DH wet the bed until he was 32 only kidding his mum says he was about 10!
  • Ok so DH is away - it's hot and I don't feel like cooking and the kids are screaming for delivery pizza...
  • Go girl! But don't forget to get a veggie one, no cheese!
  • Sean doesn't wake when he's wet - just sleeps right through the night - makes for a smelly son & room in the morning - the joys.

How was the pizza ? Having cold ham and mashed potato with pickles, not quite in the same league.

Don't moan about it being hot, is pleasantly warm her, but with strong cool wind.

Whats happened to Sarah and Kim?

Weigh in night tonight - not looking good for a loss - but I have been better than last week
  • Hello, last day of school with the kids today...I AM a HAPPY CAMPER
    Have to go in tomorrow and Weds to clean up the classroom and get things ready for summer school, and then I'll be free for nearly three weeks. Happy, happy, happy
    Went to Hannah's sixth grade graduation this morning. It was really nice. I took some pics but not with the digi cam cos number one son had already taken it to school...AGH!
    Will post some of the pics when I get them developed.
    Right, off to watch Inspector Morse with a nice cuppa now.
    Everyone have a great day.
    Chris. x