Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 26 of 32
Go to
  • Phoebe - I may have to come running to get away from them all, get the kettle on !
  • Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear CAROL
    Happy Birthday to YOU!
  • I've just been reading all the threads - its amazing how many new people there have been round here while I've been away - and then they've disappeared again. It does kind of make me wonder what happens to them when they don't come back ... do you think that they give up on dieting or perhaps they can't find UKFC again?

It WOULD be nice to have a few more regulars posting here, though!
  • Sorry I've not been around - here I was making my big comeback last week only to find I'm not browsing with cookies or something and it wouldn't let me in... anyway I'm here now...

I've gained weight whilst I was 'away' 2lbs in 5 weeks which isn't too bad but then again I would like it to have been 2lb off! Never mind.

DH has changed his job and so I've had to pack in going to Rosemary Conley (pinched old bag) class - so today I've been ringing around and found a WW class nearby on a Tuesday morning which I can go to whilst Suburban Guerilla is at nursery - I definitely need that threat of being weighed, there's nothing like public humiliation to get me back on the wagon...

Happy birthday Carol

Now lets see if this will let me submit reply...
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL
    Still haven't had my assessment I wanted to know by now but have to wait another day bloke had two goes over two days I haven't had one yet not fair!

I spent most of the day or so it seemed trying to get someone understand me saying 4 to them I swear someone took the micky of my accent too which is a cheek I speak the queens english me I have NO accent so there!

Welcome back Sarah and Delaney we've missed you two boo hoo.
  • Hi,

Lost no weight last week (at least I didn't put any on) and am feeling fat & bloated this week, although I have stuck to my diet. First thing Saturday is my weigh-in.

My mum is coming over from Australia and will be here 6th July, I would really LOVE to have lost another 7lbs by then to make it 2 and a half stone lost since she last saw me.

However I am going on holiday to a cottage in the lakes with a load of friends during jubilee week and I am sure I will put weight on, we are taking turns in cooking. HELP!

Seeing TQ reach the 4 stone marker cheered me up!

Nicky
  • Glad i cheered you up Nicky! have a great time in the lakes, one of my favourite places!
    If I can do it anyone can believe me.
  • Veggie..... LOL!!! Wasn't it you who once said that Hugh Grant had a funny accent???????? Now to me he hasn't got any accent at all. Probably the person with the least accent I can imagine is Colin Firth - he sounds EXACTLY like Kevin. I've got a London accent which i can turn on and off depending on who I'm talking to. I hope you get your assessment today, its not fair making you wait.

Nicky - Hi - we haven't met! Don't feel all defeated and give up - I'm sure that you can lose those 7lbs by 6th July. I know its hard when you're going away with your friends but you can always say you're not hungry!

Welcome back Melissa! We've missed you!!
  • I always thought I had no accent, until I saw myself on video and heard the horrible truth! I will have to work harder to not let any West Country tones slip in!

Sarah, its funny that Kevin sounds like Colin Firth, everyone used to say that my ex-husband looked just like Colin Firth!
  • ..... And he's your EX.... ??? Mind you - after the first five minutes looks aren't everything, THAT'S for sure!
  • Thanks Sarah Ann, I'm going to take some M&S Count-on-us snacks, ryvita, extra-lite philedelphia and some homemade dips and pittas, so I can always fill up on "good" things after I have said I'm not hungry!

• Good idea Nicky, have a great time, do lots of walking in between meals/drinks!
  • Had hard day giving out the wrong numbers sigh I passed though my trainer was moaning at me for not knowing the stupid codes which is true dunno if I'll pass the next bit who knows who cares

3 hours to go
  • Hey it's Friday and for the first time in many weeks my laptop, books and notepads are all tucked up safely in my cupboard at work and I am having a work free weekend. This afternoon I did a big presentation to the business change directors - nerve racking or what and all the documentation I have been working on is being posted on the ICT Web Page on Monday morning - all ready winged it's way to Aberdeen for the poor woman up there to process and add on. The fortnightly decision / update meeting is all planned with details of what we are deciding on having been sent out and customers and technical advisors all invited and advised of procedures.

So this weekend I party. Hopefully work will settle down a bit for the next few weeks. And hopefully when I sort out that pile of paper work - bills, drawings, etc in the kitchen I'll find my motivation in amongst it - thanks to everybody for looking for it for me. Am not even thinking about anything until Monday morning though - I am going to enjoy my weekend as all weekends should be enjoyed - with no work.

Have been deserted tonight - Ray is working and the boys have decided to stay over at Rays sisters. Kirsty is very much the 'favourite' auntie as she acts about 6 herself and is a natural with all kids - she never loses her temper with any of them. Her own boy is a sweetie and always good natured - wonder where he gets that from. She expecting her second at the end of the year so hopefully the new one will have her temperment as well

Am going to go put another load in the washing machine before Graham Norton and Will - who's he Veggie ?? come on and then more BB - am addicted already
  • Well was pure decadent last night. Went to the beefeater and had the works. We met a couple I know, her slightly and we ended up with them coming home with us and them leaving to let their babysitter go home at 4 this morning. Luckily the babysitter was his brother so hopefully he is still speaking to them this morning. Had a really good time last night and made me wish I could go out every night.

Still not sleeping, despite loads of vodka and a very late morning, still up just after 8. Am going to start exercising serioulsy again and see if that will wear my body out and make it sleep longer. I fell asleep straight away and then wake up really early.

Today is the day to get my body sorted out after its weekend (and the rest) of pure overeating & drinking for tomorrow we become healthy again. The fridge is full of lovely fresh stuff so no excuses.