Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 17 of 32
Go to
  • mental health day....actually if the truth be known, I don't actually know. I was just feeling a bit mental on Sunday and decided not to go to work on Monday cos I didn't feel as if I could cope with the kids, and someone asked me if I was taking a mental health day, so I said yes.
    I've not heard it called a duveet day either, maybe that's not a NJ term?
    Feel more like myself today and went to work but have sprained my shoulder so had to be careful cos don't want to be going back to the docs with yet another injury to myself....she will think I'm mental....
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow ( and it's weigh in day too). I think I'm going to be a bit naughty as after WW I am going with friends to Baskin Robbins as it's free scoop night for the 1st of May. I am quite partial to their mint choc chip flavour ice cream so I think I might go all out and have a cone.
    I'm actually glad it's going to be May tomorrow, April seems to have dragged by this year and I would like the weather to turn a bit warmer now as well. OK, I've grumbled enough, going to stop now. Good luck to all who have weigh ins today and for the rest of the week too, take care.
    Chris.
  • Free scoop night? Sounds good!

Im watching tot stars on gmtv help I feel sick
  • Just a quick good morning from a wet Glasgow. Drank too much wine last night – as usual. But the good news is as Ray is out for the next few nights there will be nothing stronger than my favourite blackcurrant juice for the next few nights

Best go do some work, still trying to make a good impression over here
  • Hello

Did anyone watch Diet or Die last night? I wasn't intending to watch it but as usual I couldn't resist this type of programme.

My trousers feel looser today, yippee. I love that feeling. I'm sure its all the walking I have been doing.

Where is everyone?
  • I caught it by accident. Was it a one off program? The guy that lived in the hotel was just a joke - he obviously wants to die!
  • haud yer weesht about it .........us scots dont get to see it until tonight
  • ive found the cutest little mousecatcher.....just in case anyone was in need of one
  • Well the dog hasn't caught it yet so may need miss kitty!
  • Free ice cream tonight I have just jumped on the scales before coming home and going to WW weigh in later and it shows a gain OOPS!! Ands I have been soooooo good (can't remember eating naughty stuff anyhoo). So if it is a gain, I may be really quite bad and buy a scoop too and get right back on track tomorrow.
    Everyone have a great evening, I'll let you know my gain/loss (hopefully) later on after Baskin robins...
    Chris.

Am going to try and add a pic of Lew, he looks positivey devilish I think...just how I feel about free ice cream... DRAT! Can't find it, will try and add it later.
  • Ok can you spill the beans about the program. I didn't see it too night and Veggie only fed me snippets of information on it while we chatting the other night and it was on in her front room. Whats this about a guy living in a hotel - I am intrigued.

Have had a good day so far. Been a busy bee working all day and even doing an extra hour tonight. Am trying to get on top of a few things. Better only be a temporary work overload, couldn't be like this all the time.

Also need to get in the routine of Rays new shifts. Been a bit of a strange evening. I came home from work he went to work - never mind could be worse at least he is bringing in some money

Have eaten well so far - still dragging my heels on the exercise front. Did take the boys swimming tonight so there is my half hour done for today - well build up to where I used to be again soon

An off to fold a load of washing then off to bed with my book. see you soon
  • carol it was gross...........woman from glasgow 44 stone wanted to lose wait was trying to get help for herself , it seemed to be a failure of the care system in her case that was keeping her trapped in bed
    the other woman from down south that had the stomach bypass op in my eyes should never have been allowed the op , she really was just wanting easy way out and in between seeing doc and getting op she gained almost a stone (in 6 weeks) surely im not only one that disagrees with that?
    the man well he was your typical man overweight eating and drinking for britain yet telling nurses and doctors that he was eating sensibly i dont think he really wanted to lose it , and also the dhss was paying for him to stay in a hotel!!!! i ask you! waited on hand and foot cant be bad eh
  • EXCUSE ME DO YOUSE ALL THINK YOU COULD GET UP AND POST
    8:16 AND NOT A SINGLE POST ...........dissapointed or what

• This is quite an interesting take on the handbag.com disussion threads about

Diet or Die

- what does everyone else think?
  • oh BPB best not get me started on that again.........that bloody woman and her stomach stapling had a great big plate of steak and chips the night before her op .............surgeon would have had to remove all that as well .............i wish she'd had to pay for the op i maybe wouldnt feel so outraged yes outraged is the word
  • OK NOW IM WORRIED ITS 10 AM AND NO SARAH!!!
    YOU THINK MAYBE GEORGE HAS PULLED HER INTO SWAMPY PARTS AGAIN