Thank you all....

• I took all of your advise to heart, both go and stay, and decided to go...actually, my 2 brothers, sister and I along with SIL and BIL and several of the kids loaded up 2 mini vans and caravanned the 700+ miles to see my mother. She had not spoken to any of us for at least a year (more like 2 ro 3 for most of us) but we all decided that we needed to say goodbye.

It turned out to be a beautiful few days, things were patch up by love and hugs and she got to say something wonderful to everyone. We sang songs to her as she tapped her foot and smiled an angelic smile until she fell asleep for the last time. Her last word was "Beautiful." She passed peacefully on Tuesday Night.

Last night we had a Wake with all the family present...ALL the immediate family...I have a hug family, more then went with us to see her, and we packed into one room, sang and drank, laughed and remembered all the good things.

It was hard to watch her go, Very, but I am SO glad I went. Thanks you all for prayers, thoughts and caring about my family and me.

Angela
  • I am so proud of you! And I bet you're even prouder! What a wonderful girl you are. You will always be glad you did it.
  • I missed the original thread, but I read it and this one and it brought tears to my eyes. Hugs to you and your family. I don't think you could have ever regretted going to see her, but might have regretted not going.
  • I am so happy it worked out like it did Angela.
  • I'm glad that you got to have that with your mom before she passed. You probably made it a lot easier for her to go and settled her heart. You make me think of when my father died, and my heart just swelled.
  • Hey Ange, I'm glad you and your sibs were able to work things out. Regrets and remorse about the past....... Can't fix yesterday. But, you can live today and the rest of your life....well better. What could have been done and what has been done, are all behind you. Each day from now on is bright and new. I'm not putting things very well here. My thought and prayers are with you and yours.

Nancy J.
  • oh honey - what a powerful, touching story! sounds like your mom very much wanted to make peace with all of you as well. and you didn't have to go through this ALONE [which was something that had me a little concerned].

here's hoping that this marks a turning point in your life, and your relationships. much love -
  • oh i am so glad you went and made peace and that you weighed the choice carefully.

blessings to you.
  • What a beautiful thing, praise God !!

• I am glad.
    Still praying for ya all.
  • Angela, I'm glad you did what was right for you. She is at peace and so is your heart. you are a very special lady
  • im also happy that you made peace with her, and yourself.
  • I am so glad you went.